R&L | wages

i would like to know when robertsville will wake up and start paying us drivers what we are worth, i love R&L and am staying with them with hopes that they will one day get there, but how long do i have to wait. around my barn we are around 30% less than all the other places, and on top of that they get paid wait time, fuel, drop and hook, and get paid about 10cents a mile more. i feel that they are getting us drivers at a bargain. i want to stay here but i also want to be paid what i am worth. i am just not sure how long it will take for them to have competitive wages, just wondering if i am the only one who feels this way

i would like to know when robertsville will wake up and start paying us drivers what we are worth, i love R&L and am staying with them with hopes that they will one day get there, but how long do i have to wait. around my barn we are around 30% less than all the other places, and on top of that they get paid wait time, fuel, drop and hook, and get paid about 10cents a mile more. i feel that they are getting us drivers at a bargain. i want to stay here but i also want to be paid what i am worth. i am just not sure how long it will take for them to have competitive wages, just wondering if i am the only one who feels this way

Nope, you ain't the only one...........

You telling me you folks have not figured it out yet? The big push was'nt for the trucking company, it was for the Nascar advertisment!

Nascar makes a hell of a lot more money than any trucking company can!

No overtime pay working 12 hours a day makes R+L rich, poor pay for the dock people, none of wich are fulltimers, means more money not spent on benifits.

Those traveling trucks make great billboards for the Nascar push.

Thats why the lower pay as compared to the major freight companys. You'll never make equal to the competitors here!

All the money R+L saves by no OT pay, Bennies and so forth buy's more tires, fuel and cars for the nascar team.

Hell we are all numbers so who cares! R+L sure dont!

they dont care. as far as us employees are concerned,we are just a dime a dozen. I was told once that if i didnt like it ,there was the door.its not the worst place to work, but I would just consider it a stop over to a better job.i dont care to much about the ot pay, because i dont work much over forty,and they dont take out for lunch.I do think the medical benefits are **** poor though.They have "united wedont pay" so you end with alot of out of pocket expenses. you also dont really get personal days because you have to use them at Christmas and Thanksgiving to pay for the days after when they closed.

If you never met a R&l in a bad mood, you didnt meet a driver at my barn! I dont even care about the pallet jacks,but for christ sakes can we have some Nextels.using our own phones to do company busineess is insane. the radios in the trucks are worhtless. Youre sitting in a warehouse for 30 mins, their calling you on the truck radio, you dont answer youre phone cause your tired of high phone bills,and they get pissed off at you, or right you up for not keeping in touch.Now that is just wrong. also it would be nice if a trailer door was greased once after it came from the factory.if they would grease the door even once a year, they wouldnt be in a bad of shape as most of the units are. well that my 2 cents have a nice day!

I feel the same way. If I compare my run with what my buddy makes at another LTL company. I'm at least $60 behind him every night. :1036316054:

maybe R&L drivers should vote for a nation wide union. I know that hopefully would stop some of the ::shit:: we go through with this company. I know up here in scranton pa we get treated badly
We tried that at our barn, could not get enough drivers to stick together.

they dont care. as far as us employees are concerned,we are just a dime a dozen. I was told once that if i didnt like it ,there was the door.
Ship it, Pride in our performance and pride in how we screw our employees, ain't that what the frogs said?

All of you complainers ever think to be grateful for what you do have? If its so damn bad at R&L LEAVE !!!!! Being negative will hold you back in life !!!! If other companies pay more or treat you better,BY ALL MEANS, PLEASE GO THERE !!!!! If that dosen't work start your own LTL outfit and show everyone how its supposed to be done...:chairshot:

All of you complainers ever think to be grateful for what you do have? If its so damn bad at R&L LEAVE !!!!! Being negative will hold you back in life !!!! If other companies pay more or treat you better,BY ALL MEANS, PLEASE GO THERE !!!!! If that dosen't work start your own LTL outfit and show everyone how its supposed to be done...:chairshot:

i guess we are not allowed to try to make things better huh?

Do you belive in change!!!!!!! Lay off the kool-aid, open your eyes and ears and pay attention..... Have a wonderful weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cpm

Now that they are going to cut the trucks back it would only be fair for them to pay us by the mile!!!!!!!!!!! I'm really looking forward to it happening the azz kissers that hold it to the floor to make them or who ever look good isn't going to happen anymore..... Also the stupidvisors that always get everybody out late can't blame the problem on the drivers:1036316054:.......

I Dont get.

Yo truckdrivers:smilie_132: you bicker about your .50 cost of living increase. And how it doesn’t even meet the national average. Well what about those R+L Carriers employees that received nothing:sign0024: Not even an explanation or some kind of apology for their decision to cut us out. But that’s not what tickle’s me about it the most. It’s the fact that they posted a memo to the drivers, and loaders, etc… that their would be something coming our way and it was even signed buy our company president:toxic:. What rubbish. I only know one dock worker that got it at my terminal but he was our dock lead and he got like .36 I’m sure the supervisor and the only other dock full timer got something too:butt kiss:. But us part timers got zip. Are we and what we do insignificant to the profit of this company? What a slap in the face that is. Until I get my cost of living increase or an explanation and apology I am going to have to retire my title as (Hardest Worker On The Dock). Get me.

I just find it amazing that only our scale drivers have seen a rise in their gas prices and food items..

I'm glad they did not go up for all of us just them..... Then again they did go up for all of us.. It was a real kick in the sack this morning with a few smiling senior guys and the rest of us pissed off.

I do understand the economy is not the greatest but we do raise our fuel surcharge to compensate for the crazy fuel price...

Why just the cool kids getten the raise?

Most companies are laying off or closing terminals. Out of all the LTL outfits that run my area ,I am the busiest one. Be glad we are still working.

Yo truckdrivers you bicker about your .50 cost of living increase. And how it doesn’t even meet the national average. Well what about those R+L Carriers employees that received nothing:sign0024: Not even an explanation or some kind of apology for their decision to cut us out. But that’s not what tickle’s me about it the most. It’s the fact that they posted a memo to the drivers, and loaders, etc… that their would be something coming our way and it was even signed buy our company president:toxic:. What rubbish. I only know one dock worker that got it at my terminal but he was our dock lead and he got like .36 I’m sure the supervisor and the only other dock full timer got something too:butt kiss:. But us part timers got zip. Are we and what we do insignificant to the profit of this company? What a slap in the face that is. Until I get my cost of living increase or an explanation and apology I am going to have to retire my title as (Hardest Worker On The Dock). Get me.
I posted something about the raise.... If your not at top scale you don't get the full raise..... The office help and stupidvisors don't get the raise..... They have to kiss butt to get some kind of raise........ I did not know the part time dock help did not recieve a raise what a kick in the :nutkick:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I posted something about the raise.... If your not at top scale you don't get the full raise..... The office help and stupidvisors don't get the raise..... They have to kiss butt to get some kind of raise........ I did not know the part time dock help did not recieve a raise what a kick in the :nutkick:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t get it the memo said the loaders would get it but I got nothing. What’s the best way to act after that or perceive your employer. If any body knows of other terminals in R+L that the dock workers got their raise please let me know. O and I more question does our terminal manager have a say in who got what raise.

That's funny i make more here in fifty than i ever made at Con-Way in 55 ,and Con-way(Where you pretend to work) runs on a 60 hour week

Sorry dude, I would not pretend to work a 12hr day with no ot. Who said Conway runs a 70hr book? One of your guys said you did. I think he quit last week. Not sure what your rate is there but it must be pretty good to make that much in 50.

Sorry dude, I would not pretend to work a 12hr day with no ot. Who said Conway runs a 70hr book? One of your guys said you did. I think he quit last week. Not sure what your rate is there but it must be pretty good to make that much in 50.
I have a day linehaul run and have only been here a little over 2 years. The money issue and the lack of any regard for the core Values of Con-Way was why i left , I work roughly the same hours and gross about 350 a week more than i did when i left CCX

I don’t get it the memo said the loaders would get it but I got nothing. What’s the best way to act after that or perceive your employer. If any body knows of other terminals in R+L that the dock workers got their raise please let me know. O and I more question does our terminal manager have a say in who got what raise.
I don't belive the tm has any say when it comes to that.........