R&L | wages

I'm sure they know about it now...they read these boards.

Ya think?? Cuz it might save me the postage on the letter I'm think about sending to WIL HR.
Getting sick of the hypocrisy and favoritism at my terminal. Not to mention the fact that the place is falling apart, half the fuel pumps don't work, and most of the dock workers are on their cell phones while driving around the dock and the 2nd shift "supervisors" bring a portable tv to work so they don't miss out on American Idol.
And to think I used to really like this place.:smilie_132:

Rubber duck I can,t help but wounder who you work for, because it don,t sound like it,s with R@L carriers sounds more like your already with someone thats has a union and you are tring to get things stired up at the non union places that know how to run the bussiness the way it should be with out the union. all you do at those places is pay abunch of nobodys some money every month
and when they need more money they tell you guys to go on strike for better working conditions and more pay, although that don,t work out so well for the ones at the bottom now does it, those guys are the ones that are left at home when there,s not enough work and don,t get the rasies like the ones at the top. To me it seem,s like R@L knows what there doing freight at my terminal is up and del. are way up, When I talk to some of the union driver,s at the other companys they are always saying how freight is slowing down and that another terminal has just closed its doors(like javic and a couple others)I think I am pretty lucky to work at a company that don,t have a union and if it ever comes around down here for a vote my vote will be NO! along with everyone else at the barn:nutkick: unions are only in it for the union not the people,as long as they get there money they could care less what happens to the company and the people in it.:1036316054:
Sorry to get you all fired up........ It's the truth, if WIL doesn't solve the problems at that yard, they have other means to fix it......

Just in case they missed this one I would still mention it to someone up there that way you could find out if the ball was rolling, because stupid stuff like that needs to stop. I,m all for kicken back and taking it easy but not at the expense of someones safety.

Yeah, cost of living for only employees that are at top rate doesn't seem right even though those with 3yrs or less still get a yearly raise. Everybody that has been with the company for 1yr or more has been looking forward to that one specific raise since March. I don't know about everybody elses barn but we are busier then ever!
We have had two record nights in the last two weeks and set the company high for the whole North East. Last week on Wednesday the company picked up a total of over 29,000 bills. Another company high.
People see this and want to be compensated.
Being able now to split up your accured vacation time just didn't do it.
Just my two cents on the subject.

Ya think?? Cuz it might save me the postage on the letter I'm think about sending to WIL HR.
Getting sick of the hypocrisy and favoritism at my terminal. Not to mention the fact that the place is falling apart, half the fuel pumps don't work, and most of the dock workers are on their cell phones while driving around the dock and the 2nd shift "supervisors" bring a portable tv to work so they don't miss out on American Idol.
And to think I used to really like this place.:smilie_132:
Make sure the letter has c/o Larry Jr. on it.................. Like i've said before the family has no clue as to what is happening...............Too many chiefs and middle men covering way too many things up....................It wasn't like this along time ago was it truckdiver????? The first couple years was great then the expansions began and it went downhill fast.....

Sorry to get you all fired up........ It's the truth, if WIL doesn't solve the problems at that yard, they have other means to fix it......

Thats ok you didn,t get me that fired up it just sounds like you already work for a company that has a union and you were out to do some recruting. R@L don,t need to have a union come in and ruin everything like they have at all the other companys. With all there wisdom you would think that those other companys would be doing better than R@L but there not, thats why were the leading ltl carrier because we do have an employer that care,s about the company and keeping the doors opened and making money. And they do try to pass it along to the ones that helped them get it.:smilie_132:

Yeah, cost of living for only employees that are at top rate doesn't seem right even though those with 3yrs or less still get a yearly raise. Everybody that has been with the company for 1yr or more has been looking forward to that one specific raise since March. I don't know about everybody elses barn but we are busier then ever!
We have had two record nights in the last two weeks and set the company high for the whole North East. Last week on Wednesday the company picked up a total of over 29,000 bills. Another company high.
People see this and want to be compensated.
Being able now to split up your accured vacation time just didn't do it.
Just my two cents on the subject.

Thats fantastic that were doing that great when everything is slowing down for the others, thats job security there . But I do agree with you that they could have done the rasies differrent, could have given the ones that were lower alittle something many were counting on it. I was one of the lucky ones to get the raise but if I didn,t get one I would count my blessings and be thankful that I had a job that pays that much, around here in my area, a twenty something dollar an hour job here are hard to get. Now I,ll get down off the soapbox.:BlahBlah:

Thats ok you didn,t get me that fired up it just sounds like you already work for a company that has a union and you were out to do some recruting. R@L don,t need to have a union come in and ruin everything like they have at all the other companys. With all there wisdom you would think that those other companys would be doing better than R@L but there not, thats why were the leading ltl carrier because we do have an employer that care,s about the company and keeping the doors opened and making money. And they do try to pass it along to the ones that helped them get it.:smilie_132:

Company that cares about it employees apparently you dont work for the same R&L Carriers we work for getting screwed everytrime we turn around

I work out of the PAD terminal, and when I was hired on I knew that Mon. thur Fri. for 60 hours a week were for R&L the weekends were for me. The only time I would plan anything thourgh the week was when I thought I might be able to get off in time to go to what ever it was that I needed off for, if I didn,t I wouldn,t mad. My first responsibility is to my family and that means keeping my cool and holding on to my job and be the provider for them, even if that means putting up with alittle crap evey now and again, we all have to make sacrifices for are familys and if that means working alittle longer for there well being so be it, thats what I took the job for, to provide for them.

Well here in Denver they lied to us PERIOD!! Shame ::shit:: as always!!!!
Tell us one week were getting a cost of living increase, next week tell us were not and now we find out selected few received an increase! WTF!! And today there shoving BS Nascar ::shit:: down our throats to pass out to customers!!
I'll tell you what to do with the Nascar ::shit:::nutkick:

Obviously the nascar crap is more important than there employee's. **** poor company when they start thinking that way!!!!!

And the sales rep had the balls to ask us to do his job, and to be thankful we all have a job! I would gave anything to knock him on his *** for that comment, worthless peice of ::shit::!!!!
All we are doing is makeing the owners rich while we get a bunch of Denver ::shit:: stuffed in our mouths!

Out here in Denver they (company mgmt) go way out of there way to treat there employees like ::shit::!!!!

Wages and every other thing!

Well here in Denver they lied to us PERIOD!! Shame ::shit:: as always!!!!
Tell us one week were getting a cost of living increase, next week tell us were not and now we find out selected few received an increase! WTF!! And today there shoving BS Nascar ::shit:: down our throats to pass out to customers!!
I'll tell you what to do with the Nascar ::shit:::nutkick:

Obviously the nascar crap is more important than there employee's. **** poor company when they start thinking that way!!!!!

And the sales rep had the balls to ask us to do his job, and to be thankful we all have a job! I would gave anything to knock him on his *** for that comment, worthless peice of ::shit::!!!!
All we are doing is makeing the owners rich while we get a bunch of Denver ::shit:: stuffed in our mouths!

Out here in Denver they (company mgmt) go way out of there way to treat there employees like ::shit::!!!!

Wages and every other thing!
Maybe you should go to work someplace else !!!! If R&L makes you this unhappy, its most likely affecting your health....Hopefully someone from Wilmington will read what has been written here and come out investigate and make some changes...The owners are already rich, its not a crime, they are good people, the people running your terminal are the ones who need to be looked at...

I understand your frustration Mr Turtle, first they give a raise that does not keep up with inflation and we are supposed to be happy because we make more than Estes driver's?:chairshot:I look at UPS freight for comparison, $ 4,50 guaranteed more by 2012, can you match that R/L? We are the premier LTL, so you say, and we sponsor NASCAR and ,I am told, now also the Truckseries.Is that the priority now?Now we are also asked, again, to do the salesrep's job, and hunt and fish for freight.I am friendly and buddies with all my customer's and getwhat I can but don't you feel that 25 bills on 22 stops , and five pick ups on a 295 peddle is enough strangling? I have been with this company for a long, long time, but have three active application's running right now and am pretty sure to get hired, and for a little more money.Enough is enough!

To those that are leaving and are unhappy so long and good luck, there are at least 10 to 15 other people waiting to have that job and would be very happy, and would not mind to hand out the nascar stuff, and try to drum up more business.

Try working up here in the northeast. Believe me, you wouldn't have the same opinion.

R&L isn,t a prison if your unhappy with the way things are being done you do have the right to move on, If you think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence jump the fence.

R&L isn,t a prison if your unhappy with the way things are being done you do have the right to move on, If you think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence jump the fence.
It may not be a prison but the Northeast is seems like a whole different company than what i hear the the drivers outta Ohio talk of :hide:

straight from our t/m and dispatchers mouths... "this is like high school games we play.. be nice to us and you will get better runs and out earlier." North East seems a long way from normal employment sometimes.

But the checks keep cashen so I'll keep laughing at the incapable managment. The past few weeks its gone so bad it comical.