Holland | Wake up people!!

union bashing

.... Didn't the IBT withdraw form AFL-CIO because Hoffa said he wanted to be more aggressive in organizing? When is the last time a trucking company was organized a put into our pension fund?.....
The IBT is organizing and gaining members, DHL and UPSF being notable wins. But recruiting and organizing new members is not an easy task, given todays anti-union climate. It is made all the more difficult by the b*tching and moaning members themselves.

The IBT dont give a sh!t

a$$holes sold us down the river

just want dues

F**k Hoffa

IBT SU*KS
and post after post after post, selected at random.

I am not singling out Jarhead 13 here, none of these quotes are his, just using his question about recruiting as a springboard for my rant.
Does anyone think the non-union (potential recruits) don't read these?
I have done recruiting for the IBT and I can tell you one of the first things the company trots out to break the organizing drive is union members trashing their own union!

:ranting:

That's how they keep on getting away with it . How 'bout you grow a set and tell them no.

embarrassed?

X475 be careful about singing any praises concerning the ibt,You might find some poster will be embarrassed for you

The only reason business is down is because of the poor management by YRC.

your right. I suppose it has nothing to do with the economy or the fact that revenue is down double digits, or that the manufacturing base is leaving the midwest. All of those things are YRC's fault...

The only reason business is down is because of the poor management by YRC. USF Holland was the best next day ltl company until we were acquired. Yellow took a very profitable and respectable company and applied their own failed polices that can only result in failure. Any argument that tries to defend the current state of affairs with the company or the Union does not hold water. Believe it or not, most Drivers are intelligent enough to see the truth and do not need a business or contract lesson from someone who does not know anything about being a good Teamster.

I over looked this the first time... As i recall drivers were complaining about how bad the company was being run before we were bought by YRC, and as I recall eveyone said it was CF's fault because we ended up with all the management from CF. Things are scr**ed up. There is no doubt about that. I am not trying to defend anyone. All I am saying is we (holland) need to stop the blame game and accept responsibility for the condition of Holland.

I over looked this the first time... As i recall drivers were complaining about how bad the company was being run before we were bought by YRC, and as I recall eveyone said it was CF's fault because we ended up with all the management from CF. Things are scr**ed up. There is no doubt about that. I am not trying to defend anyone. All I am saying is we (holland) need to stop the blame game and accept responsibility for the condition of Holland.

We, the union members, aren't management. We go to work every day and do our jobs as best we can. Sure there are some people that do more than others as we all know. But, we all do as we are directed to do by management. They are the ones that make the decisions about how things are done, not us. We don't control not making deliveries or not making pick-ups. We don't control laying people off to save a dollar. We don't control the guy that gets laid off and called back every other week then gets upset and decides, in his own mind, to get even with the management that messed with his families well being and then he begins to cost the company more than the dollar they tried to save in the beginning. All I'm trying to say is that its, in my opinion, YRC Hollands fault as to the way Holland is doing business now, not ours. When, almost every day we are asked, "Whats going on at Holland?", by the same customers that always loved us before YRC's control. We are all made to look very silly by management to our customers all to often. I don't feel that any responsibility for our possible downfall in the future is our fault and as such I will never take the blame for it. I don't know for sure who should take the blame, but I do know that somebody has to take control and get us going the right way again soon.

I agree. All i am saying is that eveyone seems to be saying the UE position results in a loss of jobs, but it is simply not ture. Now it screws road drivers over on their senority rights, but it does not eliminate positions.

road bids were canceled and road runs eliminated ... given to UE
NOW YOU TELL ANY ROAD DRIVER THAT HAS BEEN LAID OFF OTHERWISE ...
YOURE WRONG BUD ITS GOING TO GET WORSE .... WISH UR YOURSELF OUTTA JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG !!!!

UR A CITY WANNA BE U.E. :hysterical:

YOU DONT KNOW NOTHING ... :hysterical:
SOUNDS LIKE SOME OF THE IDIOTS I WORK WITH ...
YOU WHAT THAT MEANS LA**UIT AND EVERYBODY WILL LOSE
:hysterical:
UHHHHHH CLASS ACTION BUD

After the 1st posting for the UE position, it becomes a city bid. So any road driver bidding on it later, if he can even get it, goes to the BOTTOM of the city board. No matter how much company seniority he has.
You're correct that after the job is first bid it is a city board only job. But, just say that they start with three UE jobs at your terminal and only one road man has enough seniority to come over to the city, that time. If they add a forth, fifth or more UE's at a later date, that job(s) is offered to both road and city. So if there is a bidding road man that has enough seniority to get the forth or fifth job he can then come over to the city board. At the end of that bid he can bid, by seniority, on any city board job that he wants.

The IBT is organizing and gaining members, DHL and UPSF being notable wins. But recruiting and organizing new members is not an easy task, given todays anti-union climate. It is made all the more difficult by the b*tching and moaning members themselves.

and post after post after post, selected at random.

I am not singling out Jarhead 13 here, none of these quotes are his, just using his question about recruiting as a springboard for my rant.
Does anyone think the non-union (potential recruits) don't read these?
I have done recruiting for the IBT and I can tell you one of the first things the company trots out to break the organizing drive is union members trashing their own union!

:ranting:

I am not trashing the teamsters. I am a strong Union Brother and a Steward. I am very involved at every level . I am challenging our current Leadership to do a better job. My point in this is that our leadership does not listen to their members. We are the people on the ground. I am angry with our leadership because others and I warned them of the consequences of this contract. We were ignored. I stand by all of my brothers. If one Teamster will be harmed in any way, we ALL have an obligation to stand together.
To address UPS Freight and DHL, yes they did organize these two units. However, my argument in my previous post was there have been no new LTL companies enrolled into our pension fund. The UPS Freight card check was part of a deal to let UPS out of our struggling pension fund. The reason the IBT cannot organize trucking companies is not because if whining, it is because to many ex-Teamsters work at these companies. The IBT needs to take charge, set the standards for the trucking industry, and regain its respect. If there is Honor in being a Teamster, others will follow. I have Honor and I fight everyday. Most days I ask why do I try. I try because I am a TEAMSTER!

I am not trashing the teamsters. I am a strong Union Brother and a Steward. I am very involved at every level . I am challenging our current Leadership to do a better job. My point in this is that our leadership does not listen to their members. We are the people on the ground. I am angry with our leadership because others and I warned them of the consequences of this contract. We were ignored. I stand by all of my brothers. If one Teamster will be harmed in any way, we ALL have an obligation to stand together.
To address UPS Freight and DHL, yes they did organize these two units. However, my argument in my previous post was there have been no new LTL companies enrolled into our pension fund. The UPS Freight card check was part of a deal to let UPS out of our struggling pension fund. The reason the IBT cannot organize trucking companies is not because if whining, it is because to many ex-Teamsters work at these companies. The IBT needs to take charge, set the standards for the trucking industry, and regain its respect. If there is Honor in being a Teamster, others will follow. I have Honor and I fight everyday. Most days I ask why do I try. I try because I am a TEAMSTER!

Now thats what I call discussion at its finest! Talk to each other without the attacking words, rants and name calling. State your opinion and tell everybody why you feel the way you do. Thats all we have to do, no hard feelings, no threats and no problems. Great posting! Thanks for showing us how its done. :1036316054:

IBT sold us out ( :hide: )... there is no doubt .... yrc took control .... IBT let them ....
I do get a little sick of IBT praisers .... the IBT has done nothing and they will not do anything
I get a little tired of the excuses that arise from the TEAMSTER LEADERS about the economy and how yrc needs to compete with non-union companies, we are not non-union , we pay union dues to be UNION... we need to be represented as TEAMSTERS

HOW CAN TEAMSTERS SET THE STANDARDS WHEN WE ARE OPERATING LIKE NON-UNION COMPANIES?

LOCAL 705 NEEDS TO PRAISED FOR STANDING STRONG :Duel:

members will remember the lousy way the IBT handled this contract and the COO come election time .... I know I will

its time for a change

i over looked this the first time... As i recall drivers were complaining about how bad the company was being run before we were bought by yrc, and as i recall eveyone said it was cf's fault because we ended up with all the management from cf. Things are scr**ed up. There is no doubt about that. I am not trying to defend anyone. All i am saying is we (holland) need to stop the blame game and accept responsibility for the condition of holland.

why should we accept the responsibility for the condition of holland?

What are you talking about?

Why do we need to be held accountable of this situation?

:hysterical:

You're correct that after the job is first bid it is a city board only job. But, just say that they start with three UE jobs at your terminal and only one road man has enough seniority to come over to the city, that time. If they add a forth, fifth or more UE's at a later date, that job(s) is offered to both road and city. So if there is a bidding road man that has enough seniority to get the forth or fifth job he can then come over to the city board. At the end of that bid he can bid, by seniority, on any city board job that he wants.
Once again Benny, you are correct.:bowdown: And after a road driver takes the UE job for one complete bid time, he can bid for any P and D job that his COMPANY seniority will get him. Yes, his COMPANY seniority will dovetail him into the regular CITY board on his second bid opportunity.:1036316054:

Question? What happens when the road board(NMFA)and the city board(Local Cartage) in the same terminal,same local,have two different ways of doing things? Example road board dovetails and local cartage end tails,what happens next?

That's a good question. I only know how it has been told to us here. I'm saying that your question seems impossible.

Benny please check and see that after the COO in Texas it was announced that the linehaul would be offered a UE position along with local cartage and any additions after that were to be offered to local cartage only.On this upcoming COO we plan on protesting that decision and asking that linehaul be allowed to bid by seniority anytime a UE position be available for bid.Under the current rules as we interpret them would allow a senior dock/city man bid a utility position the at their semi-annual bid jump off and have a junior man take it without a linehaul driver being able to bid.

We have been told that some of the locals have gotten verbal confirmation that linehaul would now be able to bid a UE position whenever they were offered and when our BA asked that labor provide us this in written form we were denied.