XPO | Walkabouts to Miami?

If their work stoppage effects linehaul freight and that affects me why should I support them?
It’s the company screwing you not them. If they would follow the law of land they wouldn’t strike then. It’s not just about you get the bigger picture. With an achievement of a union shop comes great sacrifice.

Not everyone is pro union. I'm not, why should I support them. I've had a union job in the past, unions are not all they claim to be. If they want to be union they can go work for a union carrier.
Every union carrier that exist now started out non union somebody got fed up and did something about unfair work practices.

If they are on strike... is there an embargo on their freight ? If yes, it has already effected you.
All of their linehaul drivers ran into Orlando last night. They do not support the Union. That Barn has 90 plus drivers. They had less than 20 that actually Walk the Line. The strike was a Fizz. The union really showed how strong they are when they can barely get one fifth of the workers to strike. I absolutely love it.

It’s the company screwing you not them. If they would follow the law of land they wouldn’t strike then. It’s not just about you get the bigger picture. With an achievement of a union shop comes great sacrifice.
I got the big picture. You need to get a clue. The company did not call for a strike. The union did. And by the way 4/5 of the drivers in Miami ignored the union call to strike. In reality the strike is a joke. And I love it. So I got the big picture the union stinks. The company pays me well. You need to get a clue. Oh yeah, it is all about me.

All of their linehaul drivers ran into Orlando last night. They do not support the Union. That Barn has 90 plus drivers. They had less than 20 that actually Walk the Line. The strike was a Fizz. The union really showed how strong they are when they can barely get one fifth of the workers to strike. I absolutely love it.

Truth leaking out now. It’s been an intersting topic for everyone. We knew a bunch of that had to be propaganda. I wonder if sucker666 will ever do something like this ? Everyone saw the video of Aurora. Nothing came of that either. But it did get people talking. And even though the majority still consider it a waste of time and effort. It’s a wonderful middle finger to throw up at the boss man.

I got the big picture. You need to get a clue. The company did not call for a strike. The union did. And by the way 4/5 of the drivers in Miami ignored the union call to strike. In reality the strike is a joke. And I love it. So I got the big picture the union stinks. The company pays me well. You need to get a clue. Oh yeah, it is all about me.
Why would the company call for a strike you make no sense. Yet you say the union stinks but every year they continue to take more away you guys ask high speed he will give you more of an explanation.

Why would the company call for a strike you make no sense. Yet you say the union stinks but every year they continue to take more away you guys ask high speed he will give you more of an explanation.
They didn't take 15% of our gross pay in one swoop. The union stinks because it failed when it was most needed.

Hearing the company may be looking for driver and dockworkers to Be walkabouts in Miami because of the strike going on there.
I'm hearing that to I'm up North and may go down to work if the strike last very long. How come the Miami guys aren't on here

Ignorant post have you ever heard of vote. Please comment with some type of intelligent post thanks.
Really? I'm glad you're so proud of that vote. "Hey I got screwed but at least I voted on it." Hope that makes you feel better. And you're calling people ignorant? The IBT negotiators were in favor of the MOU or it would have never been voted on. So long story short, you did what they told you to do. Nice representation. Is that what you pay for?

Yes , XPO LTL has suffered from a loss of benefits and compensation over the past couple of decades ( as a lot of companies have )

The disappointment in the union ( imho ) comes from the poor leadership at the top. The complicity with the corporate management. Throwing principles out the window for a me first mentality instead of a we first mindset.

When you read the union boards and social media posts , it seems clear that the membership is upset in the losses and wish the union leadership would fight back during this time of economic prosperity and get some of their losses returned.

Lots of non-union workers would love to see unions clean their own houses up and take care of their own before trying to recruit new members.

Yes , XPO LTL has suffered from a loss of benefits and compensation over the past couple of decades ( as a lot of companies have )

The disappointment in the union ( imho ) comes from the poor leadership at the top. The complicity with the corporate management. Throwing principles out the window for a me first mentality instead of a we first mindset.

When you read the union boards and social media posts , it seems clear that the membership is upset in the losses and wish the union leadership would fight back during this time of economic prosperity and get some of their losses returned.

Lots of non-union workers would love to see unions clean their own houses up and take care of their own before trying to recruit new members.
That statement speaks volumes.

Just cause a small few on here do a lot of bitching doesn’t paint whole picture as bad. Anyone that touches money has a little corruption with it. I’ll take the protections work rules etc than just stand their and let them do as they please. Can you honestly say it’s been improving without a union? I doubt it

Really? I'm glad you're so proud of that vote. "Hey I got screwed but at least I voted on it." Hope that makes you feel better. And you're calling people ignorant? The IBT negotiators were in favor of the MOU or it would have never been voted on. So long story short, you did what they told you to do. Nice representation. Is that what you pay for?
No sir if you was in it you might understand but by your comment your far RIGHT field so never mind

They can’t get the union ship righted without many many more dues and pension contributions. IBT refuses to give up on the idea a pension being a winner for them. To me it’s a loser. “Come work for yrc; you might get a pension when you retire” vs “come work for FedEx where you control your nest egg”. One is much closer to a sure thing while the other is a sure bankruptcy. If abf invested all that pension money in a 401k rather than wasting it on pension that won’t be there when I need it then I’d be beating their door down for a job

YRC is the largest union LTL carrier, pay sucks, equipment is crap and unsafe, morale is horrible, company net worth is less than $300 million, reputation is ugly and facilities are garbage.
Not to mention the prospect for collecting the promised pension is minimal..
But you get to pay some union goons $$$$ every month...

Sounds great....

I wonder to what extent a YRC driver would go to keep his union job. A 15% paycut for five years and pension payments reduced by 75 percent? Yes. But what if YRC comes asking for another round of cuts again near the end of the next contract expiration, will the "brotherhood" cave again? I hope not, since my CEO says he wants my wage priced against what the labor market will support. You tough guy Teamsters keep caving and you'll take my wages down with yours.