XPO | Walkabouts to Miami?

Your seniority didn’t get you recalled. It’s up to you to go down to the hall to seek work.
Well that's what I did. Went to the hall and got no help from them that's after they made sure I was up to date on my dues. Then proceed to give me the run around. That's what I ment when I said no help from the union

You must don’t know why the company kept equipment longer than normal. What do you do at the end of a lease? Unless you buy them out. All regional companies is holding down the camp not just holland.
At the end of the lease you either keep it or turn it back in for something new. I’m sure the trailers are probably leased too. Trashed just the same as the trucks. They don’t believe in preventative maintenance. Brand new forklifts when I worked in South Bend let go hundreds of hours past maintenance. Constantly trucks being out of service or better yet fix at next PM.

It was rising before, but power hungry dems threw gasoline on that fire
Don't forget they promised us all lower premiums too. What I don't get is that if govt run healthcare is soooo good why do Canadians come across the boarder to get medical test done.

Do you not think Conway wasn't salivating when the ACA came up with the "Cadillac Tax?" They were able to cut our plan and easily blame the government.
All these companies have cut pay and bennies....not just the union ones.
Like I said thank a liberal that think everyone should get the same bennies across the board. The Cadillac tax was a penalty for having something no one else had or could get. So your bennies got cut because of Obozo and the unions that support the ACA.

Yet with all that being said there still #2 LTL carrier in revenue. Last time I checked HOLLAND has new freightliners still coming in since late 2014. YRC has new KW Pete and Volvo’s still coming in. You spill the same song on everyone’s thread but still don’t get nowhere.
This is from 2013 and your 3rd guess you haven't looked in a while. https://www.thelogisticsoflogistics.com/the-5-largest-ltl-carriers/
And on this one your 4th for last year https://www.logisticsmgmt.com/artic...and_less_than_truckload_ltl_companies_in_2017

At the end of the lease you either keep it or turn it back in for something new. I’m sure the trailers are probably leased too. Trashed just the same as the trucks. They don’t believe in preventative maintenance. Brand new forklifts when I worked in South Bend let go hundreds of hours past maintenance. Constantly trucks being out of service or better yet fix at next PM.
These companies aren't dumb they are leasing the equipment to themselves. I sure YRCW has a equipment leasing company

Like I said thank a liberal that think everyone should get the same bennies across the board. The Cadillac tax was a penalty for having something no one else had or could get. So your bennies got cut because of Obozo and the unions that support the ACA.
I completely disagree....the ACA allows employers to give top notch healthcare to their employees, provided they pay the tax on it. Our execs decided we weren't worth it, so we pay about the same rate for crappy insurance that we were for the good stuff.

Your seniority didn’t get you recalled. It’s up to you to go down to the hall to seek work.
That sucks. I was layed off back in 2008 because I was near the bottom of the board. Of the twenty or so guys above me who were laid off, I was called back by the TM, perhaps others were as well, but in the end it was I and I alone who came back of the original group. I didn't need a union for that, I was invited back because in the short time of my first round of employment, I proved to my TM that I had potential and was the sort of employee he wanted. It's called merit. Unions encourage conformity.

The leadership doesn’t fix your problems. The membership is the union federal laws give you rights to stand up unlike now you just sit in the stands. Come on with grade school reply!!!
I like your last comment. No matter what I say, it’s already below you.
Tell me how it’s better to lose compensation when you vote on it versus having it taken. Is it somehow better knowing you said it’s ok to take it?

That sucks. I was layed off back in 2008 because I was near the bottom of the board. Of the twenty or so guys above me who were laid off, I was called back by the TM, perhaps others were as well, but in the end it was I and I alone who came back of the original group. I didn't need a union for that, I was invited back because in the short time of my first round of employment, I proved to my TM that I had potential and was the sort of employee he wanted. It's called merit. Unions encourage conformity.
That can also allow favoritism

I like your last comment. No matter what I say, it’s already below you.
Tell me how it’s better to lose compensation when you vote on it versus having it taken. Is it somehow better knowing you said it’s ok to take it?
Because in the end you have a better overall package than if you went non union. Great idea that all companies merged sucks that recession hit right after. They had to ask us and it was our choice to roll the dice. Didn’t Conway just have meetings with you guys and tell you effective date of concessions? Here’s a question for you, since your ceo has made tremendous improvements to O/R and stock price but yet your compensation improvements has barely improved except during big union push if you had a say in a vote do you think you would receive more compensation overall?

Last edited:
I completely disagree....the ACA allows employers to give top notch healthcare to their employees, provided they pay the tax on it. Our execs decided we weren't worth it, so we pay about the same rate for crappy insurance that we were for the good stuff.
Agreed ours is the best in the industry and we’re just below the Cadillac tax threshold. Company just uses that as scapegoat and workers just believe it.