XPO | Walkabouts to Miami?

That can also allow favoritism
Duh, good thing for me the TM's decision making power wasn't crippled by a labor union contract. Favoritism isn't outlawed, but workplace discrimination is and that never occurred. Had I been in a union shop, I wouldn't have got my job back, at least not for a very long time, because I would have had to wait for the layed off senior drivers to come back first. In the end, the layoff was a win/win because the boss got rid of the turd birds, I got my job back and effectively jumped the senority line because a crop of newbies were hired in shortly after I was called back. I am an unashamed mee-ster, right? See, I know what you're thinking, good thing for me is, I don't care.

Duh, good thing for me the TM's decision making power wasn't crippled by a labor union contract. Favoritism isn't outlawed, but workplace discrimination is and that never occurred. Had I been in a union shop, I wouldn't have got my job back, at least not for a very long time, because I would have had to wait for the layed off senior drivers to come back first. In the end, the layoff was a win/win because the boss got rid of the turd birds, I got my job back and effectively jumped the senority line because a crop of newbies were hired in shortly after I was called back. I am an unashamed mee-ster, right? See, I know what you're thinking, good thing for me is, I don't care.
Yeah you don’t mind that due to it being in your favor let the tables turn and you actually was a good working but didn’t get recalled you be pissed. Only fair way across board would so by seniority your never will know if management is being honest so work rules are in place to prevent issue from arising.

Yeah you don’t mind that due to it being in your favor let the tables turn and you actually was a good working but didn’t get recalled you be pissed. Only fair way across board would so by seniority your never will know if management is being honest so work rules are in place to prevent issue from arising.
I have found that most of the people that complain about alleged favoritism are crappy employees. Likewise most of the people accused of receiving favoritism are normally the more productive employees. I am not saying that there are no exceptions to this rule. I've seen my share of losers that the boss loves. I've also seen plenty of guys called butt kissers because they want to do a good job. Completely unscientifically, I believe my observation holds true on alleged favoritism at least 80% of the time

Wow someone was judge on the work ethic and skill not by a hire date.

In other words, the union protects the good and the bad, whereas my boss weeded out the bad. You see it your way and I see it mine.

In other words, the union protects the good and the bad, whereas my boss weeded out the bad. You see it your way and I see it mine.
It’s supposed to work that way at a union company (probation) but if you have incompetent management they get in.....

I have found that most of the people that complain about alleged favoritism are crappy employees. Likewise most of the people accused of receiving favoritism are normally the more productive employees. I am not saying that there are no exceptions to this rule. I've seen my share of losers that the boss loves. I've also seen plenty of guys called butt kissers because they want to do a good job. Completely unscientifically, I believe my observation holds true on alleged favoritism at least 80% of the time
There is always room for doubt in management, can you say without a doubt they wasn’t? With going by seniority you can eliminate all doubt.

No. Everything would be negotiated. If we got better healthcare, we’d have to give something up to get it. At the end of the day, the total compensation would be the same minus the dues.
Damn what is $54 a month gonna hurt you? No you never get everything you want but you get better than what you have now. I think they need to go back table on ABF to workout minor things in language, but hell the will be at 26.90 at end of contract .68cpm overtime after 8 paid all time spent for Road drivers and they didn’t even touch healthcare. So that give one lose one theory you have is false.

There is always some who slips thru but who is stopping Jacobs from taking the labor force. That’s what’s wrong with so many drivers now you worry too much what the next man is doing but yet you allow corporate to get over numerous remember divide and conquer and your statements proves it.

Damn what is $54 a month gonna hurt you? No you never get everything you want but you get better than what you have now. I think they need to go back table on ABF to workout minor things in language, but hell the will be at 26.90 at end of contract .68cpm overtime after 8 paid all time spent for Road drivers and they didn’t even touch healthcare. So that give one lose one theory you have is false.
If I’m spending $54 a month and getting nothing it wasted money. I’d rather put it in my 401K.
Comparing one contract to our nonexistent contract is pointless. If we were to get a contract, we would have to negotiate. We’d get some things and we’d give up others. How is my theory false?

If I’m spending $54 a month and getting nothing it wasted money. I’d rather put it in my 401K.
Comparing one contract to our nonexistent contract is pointless. If we were to get a contract, we would have to negotiate. We’d get some things and we’d give up others. How is my theory false?
I think his point is, is that union dues covers many different things. Healthcare, raises, representation for work related disputes, firings etc. Not just the possibility of a pension. Hell, I'd pay $54 per month to get ot after 8 hours.

I think his point is, is that union dues covers many different things. Healthcare, raises, representation for work related disputes, firings etc. Not just the possibility of a pension. Hell, I'd pay $54 per month to get ot after 8 hours.
I get OT after 8 without paying the dues. That’s my point. I don’t think the union will improve my compensation. If we get better health care, we’ going to lose something else. At the end of the day, the total package won’t change.

When books is opened it may not have to give up what you think
I get OT after 8 without paying the dues. That’s my point. I don’t think the union will improve my compensation. If we get better health care, we’ going to lose something else. At the end of the day, the total package won’t change.
what about work protection job protection seniority rights?

When books is opened it may not have to give up what you think

what about work protection job protection seniority rights?

The way these guys are cooking these books, do you think it's going to read any way other than exactly how they want it too ?

Yes good for you, not so good for us.
It could drastically change things for us poor ol' boys in the south.

Yes good for you, not so good for us.
It could drastically change things for us poor ol' boys in the south.

The South is a fun place to visit. But I wouldn't want to live there unless I was west of the Mississippi.

A lot of people moving to Arizona. Customers. Warehouse guys. Fork lift drivers. Phoenix area. Must be jobs out there right now.