XPO | Walkabouts to Miami?

I wonder to what extent a YRC driver would go to keep his union job. A 15% paycut for five years and pension payments reduced by 75 percent? Yes. But what if YRC comes asking for another round of cuts again near the end of the next contract expiration, will the "brotherhood" cave again? I hope not, since my CEO says he wants my wage priced against what the labor market will support. You tough guy Teamsters keep caving and you'll take my wages down with yours.
Despite these facts, the union guys keep trying to tell us the union is going to fix all of our problems. It’s crazy.

Despite these facts, the union guys keep trying to tell us the union is going to fix all of our problems. It’s crazy.
It is crazy and it's that craziness that's at the heart of the rhetorical question I asked in a previous post which I'll now put in the form of a question because since your post I really want an answer. "To what extent would a YRC driver or any Teamster for that matter, go to keep his union job?" Or put another way, "How much compensation is a Teamster driver willing to give up in order to keep a union job?" Is the being in a union so good for some of these guys that they're willing to earn less than 10,000 dollars/year or more than a driver working at a non-union shop?

It is crazy and it's that craziness that's at the heart of the rhetorical question I asked in a previous post which I'll now put in the form of a question because since your post I really want an answer. "To what extent would a YRC driver or any Teamster for that matter, go to keep his union job?" Or put another way, "How much compensation is a Teamster driver willing to give up in order to keep a union job?" Is the being in a union so good for some of these guys that they're willing to earn less than 10,000 dollars/year or more than a driver working at a non-union shop?
Well the bigger question is do they have the balls to go on strike if they don't like what's offered They already vote for it.

My question to you is how much must you lose before you go and look for new employment?

My question to you is how much must you lose before you go and look for new employment?
You're answering my question with a question. Answer the following question first and i'll answer yours. How much wage and pension degradation is a union man willing to accept in order to avoid quitting and working for a non-union shop? I would add that the nons are paying substantially better than YRC, if not ABF as well.

You're answering my question with a question. Answer the following question first and i'll answer yours. How much wage and pension degradation is a union man willing to accept in order to avoid quitting and working for a non-union shop? I would add that the nons are paying substantially better than YRC, if not ABF as well.
I wasn't answering your question, I was asking one.
I do know that currently, if you factor my weekly cost for healthcare, I make just about the same as my ABF counterpart.
The answer is when they are tired of dealing with the issues. We have had guys reach their breaking point over cameras, lower pay than other carriers, lacking healthcare, linehaul runs cut. All sorts of things. We've seen staggering cuts, just not off our hourly rate (yet) but in other areas. I'm not sure if YRC or ABF have seen an almost 30% increase in insurance copays that we've recently seen.

I wasn't answering your question, I was asking one.
I do know that currently, if you factor my weekly cost for healthcare, I make just about the same as my ABF counterpart.
The answer is when they are tired of dealing with the issues. We have had guys reach their breaking point over cameras, lower pay than other carriers, lacking healthcare, linehaul runs cut. All sorts of things. We've seen staggering cuts, just not off our hourly rate (yet) but in other areas. I'm not sure if YRC or ABF have seen an almost 30% increase in insurance copays that we've recently seen.
Well make sure you go thank the union brotherhood for you rising healthcare. The union were very big supporters of obozo and the ACA which was to lower are cost and lower your premiums. Well we see how well that work out for everyone.

My non is not paying substantially better than abf. An abf driver working a 50-55 hr week will bring home 200-300 more per week while having superior health coverage

Well make sure you go thank the union brotherhood for you rising healthcare. The union were very big supporters of obozo and the ACA which was to lower are cost and lower your premiums. Well we see how well that work out for everyone.
I still pay zero, besides the $20 co-pay per visit, & even if this half assed contract passes it will stay that way for the next 5 years....So the people you should thank are yourself & your coworkers who let them continue to raise it & do nothing about it....that’s my 2 cents & will not get in a debate about it....

Do you not think Conway wasn't salivating when the ACA came up with the "Cadillac Tax?" They were able to cut our plan and easily blame the government.
All these companies have cut pay and bennies....not just the union ones.

On the family PPO plan all last year check stub showed employer contribution toward healthcare $330 approximately every week. This year that entry is ZERO. Not hard to figure out why copays went up. Results matter.

So your saying healthcare didn’t start rising til ACA was made into law?

YRC is the largest union LTL carrier, pay sucks, equipment is crap and unsafe, morale is horrible, company net worth is less than $300 million, reputation is ugly and facilities are garbage.
Not to mention the prospect for collecting the promised pension is minimal..
But you get to pay some union goons $$$$ every month...

Sounds great....
Yet with all that being said there still #2 LTL carrier in revenue. Last time I checked HOLLAND has new freightliners still coming in since late 2014. YRC has new KW Pete and Volvo’s still coming in. You spill the same song on everyone’s thread but still don’t get nowhere.

I wonder to what extent a YRC driver would go to keep his union job. A 15% paycut for five years and pension payments reduced by 75 percent? Yes. But what if YRC comes asking for another round of cuts again near the end of the next contract expiration, will the "brotherhood" cave again? I hope not, since my CEO says he wants my wage priced against what the labor market will support. You tough guy Teamsters keep caving and you'll take my wages down with yours.
No sir Bradley is doing it all for you in regards to your compensation package keeps going down. You just sit there and watch them do it. I doubt the company will try to keep status quo on next contract since economy has made drastic change since recession and knowing the membership will vote overwhelmingly no since no threat of survival on the line.

The leadership doesn’t fix your problems. The membership is the union federal laws give you rights to stand up unlike now you just sit in the stands. Come on with grade school reply!!!

Yet with all that being said there still #2 LTL carrier in revenue. Last time I checked HOLLAND has new freightliners still coming in since late 2014. YRC has new KW Pete and Volvo’s still coming in. You spill the same song on everyone’s thread but still don’t get nowhere.

Might have new equipment coming in. But yet like the rest of it in time will turn to junk. I’m sure YRC isn’t buying any of it. I would suspect it’s all leased because we all know if it wasn’t for Holland that company would be in the tank.

Might have new equipment coming in. But yet like the rest of it in time will turn to junk. I’m sure YRC isn’t buying any of it. I would suspect it’s all leased because we all know if it wasn’t for Holland that company would be in the tank.
You must don’t know why the company kept equipment longer than normal. What do you do at the end of a lease? Unless you buy them out. All regional companies is holding down the camp not just holland.