Yellow | Well....Are you there yet?....SMH

The young guys won’t strike or vote no There wife’s say you cannot stay out of work ,or lose a weeks pay .We can’t afford it.The young generation has no balls, or back bone The guys that are close to retirement won’t vote no.Reguardless of what they say,I’ve see this before in 40 years of contracts.Dont blame the IBT, blame your fellow members who don’t go to meetings and don’t participate in any thing the union does .Yes your right we are screwed. Ill still vote No I Have nothing to lose but my job I’ll take great pride in putting the people that put us in this situation out of work ,The useless management that put us were we are.
You are correct, I DON'T go to the Union meetings, and haven't in years. Here's why: I got fed up with a handful of "Union officials" who patted themselves on the back in front of all of us, told us they were going to take a 10% pay cut when we suffered one but then took a 15% INCREASE instead, who take pay and benefits that are roughly 150% of what we get, who haven't made even a visit to my workplace for anything besides a grievance pre-screening meeting in years, etc. etc. These people have forgotten that WE are THEIR employer. Let's see: our retirement has been gutted, theirs is better that ours ever was; we have been kicked in the teeth on pay, theirs has gone up steadily; they claim to be "looking out for us", but the reality is that they are looking out for themselves. I am not the slightest bit anti-union, far from it. I am, however, very much anti-thievery. I blame the members for putting up with this nonsense.

We were better off 44 years ago! Here's a rerun of a post I made back in 2014...

Check out this article from the August 1974 edition of the "Ohio Teamster"! Remember these wages? Adjusted for inflation (compliments of DollarTimes.com - Financial Calculators and Save Money Guide) here's a sampling...

City Driver 1974 $6.80 per hour, 2014 $34.30 per hour
Dock Worker 1974 $6.75 per hour, 2014 $34.05 per hour

Road Driver-Single Trailer 1974 $.17225 per mile, 2014 $.8689 per mile
Road Driver-Doubles Trailer 1974 $.1825 per mile, 2014 $.9206 per mile

7-1-74 wage increase 1974 .$.30 per hour, 2014 $1.51 per hour.
7-1-74 cost of living increase 1974 $.11 per hour, 2014 $.55 per hour.

7-1-74 Pension Contribution 1974 $19.50 per week, 2014 $98.36 per week (Remember max pension was around $750/mo in 1974 dollars or $3783/mo in 2014 dollars)
7-1-74 H&W Contribution 1974 $19.00 per week, 2014 $95.84 per week.

Freight Teamsters are WAY behind what they were making 40 years ago! Inflation and concessions have eaten away any gains they fought to get years ago!

Read it and weep!
:hissyfit:

We were better off 44 years ago! Here's a rerun of a post I made back in 2014...

Check out this article from the August 1974 edition of the "Ohio Teamster"! Remember these wages? Adjusted for inflation (compliments of DollarTimes.com - Financial Calculators and Save Money Guide) here's a sampling...

7-1-74 Pension Contribution 1974 $19.50 per week, 2014 $98.36 per week (Remember max pension was around $750/mo in 1974 dollars or $3783/mo in 2014 dollars)

Freight Teamsters are WAY behind what they were making 40 years ago! Inflation and concessions have eaten away any gains they fought to get years ago!

Read it and weep!
Interesting comparisons. However, just to balance this out a little bit, prior to 1986 the pension contribution was far less than in years after that.The health and welfare contributions today are MUCH more than the "adjusted for inflation" figures for 2014. Our health and welfare contributions are approximately $380/week today, which shows just how outrageous medical care is.

Read it and weep!
I joined Teamsters Local 299 in Detroit back in 1974 as a city driver. $6.49 per hour. My Dad couldn't believe how much I was making per hour. After thirty years with Michigan Bell he was at $3.75 per hour.

So painful and dispatch at 511 is starting to act completely ignorant again. Things were going so well last month and now I'm back to getting 5-6 hours on the clock every time I show up. Last Sunday they were breaking bids. For those that don't know, that's an expensive decision. Between 511 dispatch and CDO they are going to eat all the profits out of this quarter. You would think after 10 years YRC would have a clue by now.
I heard of them breaking bids and sending drivers to other laydown places other than their home domicile.

I joined Teamsters Local 299 in Detroit back in 1974 as a city driver. $6.49 per hour. My Dad couldn't believe how much I was making per hour. After thirty years with Michigan Bell he was at $3.75 per hour.

The later 1970's were probably our best times as far as pay was concerned. We got raises twice a year for a while during that time frame and we were quite well paid compared to average workers. Those were definitely good times for Teamsters.

PS - Had a bunch of hot girlfriends during those years also. Too bad they and the great pay didn't last. :idunno:

The later 1970's were probably our best times as far as pay was concerned. We got raises twice a year for a while during that time frame and we were quite well paid compared to average workers. Those were definitely good times for Teamsters.

PS - Had a bunch of hot girlfriends during those years also. Too bad they and the great pay didn't last. :idunno:
They only wanted all that money you made. I hope you enjoyed it and the ladies too.

No sense making it if you can't enjoy spending it. And I did. As my uncle used to say, "There are no pockets in caskets - you can't take it with you". Right Jimmy G? :smile new:

I recall Jack Benny once said, " if I can't take it with me, I'm not going"

I still have one foot out of the grave, but it's heart wrenching to see what we walked pickett lines, lost pay checks.
hired attorneys out of our pockets and more to gain what we had in past days.
Now most is all gone, and these lazy creeps wont take time to vote, you can bet most of the non voters will
be the first to complain.
I've been fortunate, been drawing a check for 28 years, never would have happened if not for the union.
I have always been proud to be a Teamster, but with this crap they negotiated for ABF, they are making it awful hard.

There is no pride in being a Teamster anymore. There is also no brotherhood anymore. Hence the no pride.
And did I mention no Teamster leadership. It all starts from the top.

There is no pride in being a Teamster anymore. There is also no brotherhood anymore. Hence the no pride.
And did I mention no Teamster leadership. It all starts from the top.
Just through in the towel Let others do it for you!!!.Get ***** robbed and Pfilfered and do nothing If it yours take it back!!!! Your Just another cry baby with the back bone of a jellyfish.Stand up Man up!!!!

Just through in the towel Let others do it for you!!!.Get ***** robbed and Pfilfered and do nothing If it yours take it back!!!! Your Just another cry baby with the back bone of a jellyfish.Stand up Man up!!!!

Stand up for what? It's already over. It's been over. It's never coming back. Most will or have already cut their loses and left or retired. It's 2018, the competition isn't running with a 100 or more Operating Ratio. You could work the next 40 years at YRCW and it won't change. You will still be the lowest paid, running the worst and the slowest equipment. YRCW won't be around that long anyway.

Stand up for what? It's already over. It's been over. It's never coming back. Most will or have already cut their loses and left or retired. It's 2018, the competition isn't running with a 100 or more Operating Ratio. You could work the next 40 years at YRCW and it won't change. You will still be the lowest paid, running the worst and the slowest equipment. YRCW won't be around that long anyway.
I paid my dues and them some buddy in 40 years.I walked the picket lines handed out flyers and made the sacrifices so others may prosper .This teamster is passing on the reins to you .If you don’t want them Get of my wagon .On my team all the horses pull the wagon.It ain’t over till we say it’s over.

I paid my dues and them some buddy in 40 years.I walked the picket lines handed out flyers and made the sacrifices so others may prosper .This teamster is passing on the reins to you .If you don’t want them Get of my wagon .On my team all the horses pull the wagon.It ain’t over till we say it’s over.

The Teamster leadership said it was over when they allowed this to go on for 10 years. They run the show in favor of management. Most guys won't even file a grievance anymore, not because they can't, it's because even slam dunk legitimate grievances are lost in favor to the company. Simple easily won grievances are lost. I've seen Union Stewards when they think nobody is around, stand at the dispatch window talking smack about fellow Teamsters to management. Some of the biggest RATS in the "brotherhood", are those wearing the satin Teamster jackets.
It's not the same union you paid dues to for 40 years. It's controlled by the company. The fight isn't worth fighting with a company which won't be around long, it should be with the Teamster leadership.
Start a movement to get bus loads of disgruntled Teamsters with baseball bats to DC to remove the sludge running the show at the international and you won't find enough buses.

Last edited:
Right turn Clyde
The Teamster leadership said it was over when they allowed this to go on for 10 years. They run the show in favor of management. Most guys won't even file a grievance anymore, not because they can't, it's because even slam dunk legitimate grievances are lost in favor to the company. Simple easily won grievances are lost. I've seen Union Stewards when they think nobody is around, stand at the dispatch window talking smack about fellow Teamsters to management. Some of the biggest RATS in the "brotherhood", are those wearing the satin Teamster jackets.
It's not the same union you paid dues to for 40 years. It's controlled by the company. The fight isn't worth fighting with a company which won't be around long, it should be with the Teamster leadership.
Start a movement to get bus loads of disgruntled Teamsters with baseball bats to DC to remove the sludge running the show at the international and you won't find enough buses.
Then maybe you should switch sides.

If you started today and put your 40 years in you would be eligible for a $1000 a month retirement check in 2058 through central states and that's assuming it doesn't go defunct. The IBT just let the brothers vote on a contract they knew would get some kicked out out of their retirement plan altogether and the company wasn't even in financial trouble. It's hard to pull the wagon when you're legs have been chopped off at the knees. Who's looking out for the rank and file today? It ain't the IBT.

If you started today and put your 40 years in you would be eligible for a $1000 a month retirement check in 2058 through central states and that's assuming it doesn't go defunct. The IBT just let the brothers vote on a contract they knew would get some kicked out out of their retirement plan altogether and the company wasn't even in financial trouble. It's hard to pull the wagon when you're legs have been chopped off at the knees. Who's looking out for the rank and file today? It ain't the IBT.
Well, You take of your own family first the rest will work it’s way out .The IBT is a business must we not forget.We are In the freight industry the few and not the many.

Well, You take of your own family first the rest will work it’s way out .The IBT is a business must we not forget.We are In the freight industry the few and not the many.

Yeah, it's a business. Nothing more than the insurance and retirement division of the company I work for and they do a poor job of that.

Yeah, it's a business. Nothing more than the insurance and retirement division of the company I work for and they do a poor job of that.
No kidding,Just look around and see what a poor job your state and government do .People dont care too much for labor unions any more we are a very small minority.The working man gets no respect.Only the scraps left over after the corporate bosses take there cut.Take whatever money you can get from this company.