Estes | Well I did it!

Nncnwydude, when are they suppose to let you know if you're hired?

I applied on Wednesday and they said if I hadn't heard anything by today to give them a call. I figured I'd let them get Monday sorted out and wait until about 11:00 to call. I haven't officially interviewed or done the road test or drug screen, so I'm assuming I'll have to do all that before they give me the nod.

I applied on Wednesday and they said if I hadn't heard anything by today to give them a call. I figured I'd let them get Monday sorted out and wait until about 11:00 to call. I haven't officially interviewed or done the road test or drug screen, so I'm assuming I'll have to do all that before they give me the nod.

True..You'll have to re-interview again and get the OK to start your physical and all that...Good luck..

Still no word from the boys over in Athens. Trying to be patient.

That's the best thing to be in this case NNCNWYDUDE,I have been through this twice now and the hiring process takes for ever,not like the old days.Most cases its not the TM dragging their feet its Richmond and all the hoops they have to jump through to get anyone hired,just keep calling and reminding them your still sitting on your arse waiting,good luck to ya brother.

That's the best thing to be in this case NNCNWYDUDE,I have been through this twice now and the hiring process takes for ever,not like the old days.Most cases its not the TM dragging their feet its Richmond and all the hoops they have to jump through to get anyone hired,just keep calling and reminding them your still sitting on your arse waiting,good luck to ya brother.

Thanks strangedays, I just called the TM over there and he says he's probably going to have some decisions made by first of the week, so we shall see. I'm remaining positive, but trying to keep my head above water over here @ Con-job ain't always easy.

TM from Athens said he would be making a decision sometime early next week, but I looked on the Estes website last night and saw a job posting for P&D out of Athens. They hadn't posted it on the website until yesterday, should I be worried they're not gonna hire me?

If he called you in for an interview, he wouldn't waste your time. They post all openings on the website incase someone wants to transfer. I seen people transfer there for a road spot but never for a local spot.

If he called you in for an interview, he wouldn't waste your time. They post all openings on the website incase someone wants to transfer. I seen people transfer there for a road spot but never for a local spot.

10/4, he hasn't officially called me in for an interview, just said he'd be making decisions on who he wants to interview early next week. Wish me luck. I'm still hoping he'll put me on classified as a utility instead of P&D. I wouldn't mind working in the city to start, especially through the end of the school year so I can still take my daughter to school, but after the end of this school year I'll be a lot more flexible in my schedule. Daughter's starting pre-k next fall and it starts early enough my wife can take her in the morning.

Well I'm still waiting! TM told me he hired some other guys because they'd been waiting to get on longer than me. Just called him again this morning because I'd heard thru the grapevine he was looking for 3 more, he told me he'd pull my app again. We'll see...

if he doesnt hire you , you arent missing anything. be prepared as a utility driver to be used a low paid whoe. you will be staying in nasty motels, filthy bunkhouses. you will have a hard time getting home sat morn. dont be to excited about coming over here.

You forgot to mention the $1900+ per week he'd be making without breaking a nail and wearing flip flops

if he doesnt hire you , you arent missing anything. be prepared as a utility driver to be used a low paid whoe. you will be staying in nasty motels, filthy bunkhouses. you will have a hard time getting home sat morn. dont be to excited about coming over here.

No disrespect intended but that wasn't my experience as a new hire Utility driver. I'm begining to think that it has more to do with the terminal or maybe region that you operate out of.

I spent the first year in Utility mostly filling in for vacation/sick, P&D and some dock. In the winter, when freight slowed and few take vacations, I was used more like an Extraboard driver mostly in the Midwest. The hotels/bunkrooms weren't great but I've stayed in worse on my own dime. I always was back on Saturday morning but I started on Monday nights, maybe that makes a difference. I found that, if you stay busy you can expect somewhere in the 57k-62k range in the first year.

I like working here, and think that Estes is a good outfit, my disclaimer is I'm realitivly new to trucking. Maybe I'll see it differently a few years down the road.

keep drinking the koolade it will be ok.there is no way i could bring myself to sleep in a motel or bunkhouse worst than what estes has even on my own dime.

No disrespect intended but that wasn't my experience as a new hire Utility driver. I'm begining to think that it has more to do with the terminal or maybe region that you operate out of.

I spent the first year in Utility mostly filling in for vacation/sick, P&D and some dock. In the winter, when freight slowed and few take vacations, I was used more like an Extraboard driver mostly in the Midwest. The hotels/bunkrooms weren't great but I've stayed in worse on my own dime. I always was back on Saturday morning but I started on Monday nights, maybe that makes a difference. I found that, if you stay busy you can expect somewhere in the 57k-62k range in the first year.

I like working here, and think that Estes is a good outfit, my disclaimer is I'm realitivly new to trucking. Maybe I'll see it differently a few years down the road.

Keep the good attitude there newbee,only advice...get off the utility as soon as you can, to get senoirity started in the catagory you would like to be in. Does Estes have problems in the company, most certainly, what company is perfect ? Does Estes have not so clean bunk houses and hotels ?? Certainly, but I tell you what this best western here in springfield, mo, sure makes up for some other uncomfortable places.The good thing with this place, with that kind of attitude, you can make a heck of lot more money to start with, than other companies, where you struggle, picking up table scrapes that other drivers don't want for a long period of time