FedEx Freight | west is no longer going to be west

If I wanted to work for Conway I would have applied there some 15 years ago. I say this because if you would take a step back and look at the credentials of most of the east's officers you'd understand why the system operates the way it does. Line drivers working the dock?
This is a dangerous operating model to be emulating. How can you honestly say that after working freight for several hours that one can be as safe and alert as you need to be to identify and avoid problems as they occur.gtrdone its not laziness its common sense.Number 1 reason for driver fatalities is fatigue. I will leave before I take someones life because of a bad operating model.:smilie_132:
I dont believe that it is just the working freight , that makes one fatigued.If that is the case please give me a rational reason that you have all the drivers that come out of California into PHX and TUC are asleep on the side of the road or always holding things up in TUC.:Zzzz:I guess since there are no drivers working the dock its to much to ask they go home or to the hotel and get proper rest and come to work fully rested and prepared to perform their job.

I dont believe that it is just the working freight , that makes one fatigued.If that is the case please give me a rational reason that you have all the drivers that come out of California into PHX and TUC are asleep on the side of the road or always holding things up in TUC.:Zzzz:I guess since there are no drivers working the dock its to much to ask they go home or to the hotel and get proper rest and come to work fully rested and prepared to perform their job.

What's wrong with a little nap? I believe its part of OUR BREAK TIME. As long as we are on time and get 100% we are A OKAY!:smilie_132:Umm I think we'd rather get a little nap in instead of ending up on the National News for ummm crashing into a Highway Patrol car or killing an innocent family on the roads or alot of other things you see the East on YouTube or Fox News for. You can look it up yourself.

Break 19.... Thank You. Alrighty east children we all have been reading all your posts for quite some time. As you know most of us never responded. Because it was not worth our time in the west. You kids have all the answers. I just have one question. Pay attention kids. We'll forget about the lame equipment you guys have. Who's idea to model the 1st rate west after the poor mangement models of CWX etc.... Forget all that. When it comes to the term "ROAD DRIVER" how does that fit in on the dock? Kids the dock is for dockworkers. not Road Drivers. Someone obviously has you fellas fooled. I'm certain you kids have some serious pallet jack skills, not to mention all the cross dock hand truckin' you kids do. Where do you kids put your C.B. and how do you guys log droping freight from one trailer to another. Getrdone does your handle come from loading trailers? Because that's what we tell our dockworkers. Get R done, getrdone! So we can get on the road!

Bad Company publicity

:chairshot:tripper 187, I have to agree with you. I have friends in eastern states. They have told me about all the sad publicity or accidents they've seen on the highways involving our equipment. Not to mention the accident that played on the national news over and over and over again for at least a week. Very bad publicity. When fatigue become a part of the job, lives are at stake. Accidents will happen unfortunately but we have noticed an outragous amount posted on youtube, CNN, NBC, CBS, and all other forms of media steming out of the east. Nobody wants to see anyone hurt or killed. You fellas just need to wear one hat or another. Either a dockwork's or a Road Driver's. Enough said.

well we all work for the same company fed-ex freight i never say i work for fed-ex east!! corporate thinks there is a difference but there isnt any.we all go the bathroom it stinks when your done you go to work everyday your tired weather its in north carolina or californina someone in hro made the descison to close west go its sad but us as drivers need to stop the squabbles about whos better than the other we are the same.
just one mans opinion

Break 19.... Thank You. Alrighty east children we all have been reading all your posts for quite some time. As you know most of us never responded. Because it was not worth our time in the west. You kids have all the answers. I just have one question. Pay attention kids. We'll forget about the lame equipment you guys have. Who's idea to model the 1st rate west after the poor mangement models of CWX etc.... Forget all that. When it comes to the term "ROAD DRIVER" how does that fit in on the dock? Kids the dock is for dockworkers. not Road Drivers. Someone obviously has you fellas fooled. I'm certain you kids have some serious pallet jack skills, not to mention all the cross dock hand truckin' you kids do. Where do you kids put your C.B. and how do you guys log droping freight from one trailer to another. Getrdone does your handle come from loading trailers? Because that's what we tell our dockworkers. Get R done, getrdone! So we can get on the road!

SDO Kingpin :1036316054:

You need to chill out and go easy on gtrdone.
He is only here to try to help everyone that is not a red shirt.
What Harrison does to West is beyond the control of gtrdone

:smilie_132:

Now that we are going to be one. Give it a little time to work it's way your way, and you will all be dock workers to. have a nice day.

easy now you need to get your facts right..not all drivers work the dock at night and the ones that do have short run and this gives them the chance to make up the money they dont earn milage wise. From an operations side it makes sense why have all these guys just taking up space in the break room(talking about how they wish there was a way to make more money) and have to hire 100 dockworkers to come in at odd hours at night to do the work(when you guys are already there). Guys may not like it but it really is a win win for both drivers and the hub.

I can see why you have'nt posted in the past..

SDO Kingpin :1036316054:

You need to chill out and go easy on gtrdone.
He is only here to try to help everyone that is not a red shirt.
What Harrison does to West is beyond the control of gtrdone

:smilie_132:

I'm not worried about his post River17..

We have our A-holes on this side too... We are a diverse company.. We need a few A-holes here and there to make up the building blocks! :hysterical:

:chairshot:tripper 187, I have to agree with you. I have friends in eastern states. They have told me about all the sad publicity or accidents they've seen on the highways involving our equipment. Not to mention the accident that played on the national news over and over and over again for at least a week. Very bad publicity. When fatigue become a part of the job, lives are at stake. Accidents will happen unfortunately but we have noticed an outragous amount posted on youtube, CNN, NBC, CBS, and all other forms of media steming out of the east. Nobody wants to see anyone hurt or killed. You fellas just need to wear one hat or another. Either a dockwork's or a Road Driver's. Enough said.
If some of you guys are referring to the accident in Alabama,where the ATL driver killed those kids.One piece of information they never told.Those stupid teenagers stopped on a major Interstate(459)and back up on the shoulder to get a hat that blew out of the car,you ask how do I know this.I was home on vacation and it was on the news and the driver was held at the Birmingham yard and the police had several witnesses that told them that was what they did.I dont believe fatigue had anything to do with stupidity of a bunch of kids .As far as fatigue unless you were there on the road and saw the wreck happen as a result of fatigue you are merely speculating.So as long as we making assumption,What about the phx driver coming out of California that flipped his back trailer and said the wind did it(can you say drift off the shoulder and jerk),not to mention the driver that came out of the PHX yard and turned a trailer over coming out of the yard.Face it there are accidents through the whole system and ALL of us including me and you can only go on what we hear.NOBODY knows the real reason for the accidents unless you in the accident itself.

I will say this,You have a really poor way of speaking to people,KIDS.Do you honestly believe that will get you any respect or what ever it is you are looking for,OLDMAN.Last time I checked everyone out here are adults and last time I checked most guys out here are in their late 30`s-up.Im sorry you feel the need to talk down to people. So when things start to change and someone talks down to you look in the mirror.It just really bothers me, when someone that does the exact same job that I and the rest of you guys out here do ,talk down on others like they have no clue.You ,me and everyone out here have NO IDEA what is to change.Oh yea! and as far as how do they log dropping frt from one trailer to another.Probabaly the same way some guys log that extra hr NAP they take (no pay delay),that is the most abused thing I have ever seen,used mainly to cover your a$$ when you goof of or decide you do care if you get there on time or not.That is not counting the other hour nap they use as their lunch and breaks.:biglaugh:

I'm not worried about his post River17..

We have our A-holes on this side too... We are a diverse company.. We need a few A-holes here and there to make up the building blocks! :hysterical:

screw you gtr i'm not an
ahole im a JERK besides jeep ahole doesn't have the same ring to it and it won't fit on my plate :hysterical:

I did not even hear about the accident with the teenages. That is sad and unfortunate, any accident is. I was referring about the one with the highway patrol or state trooper and the car. I was not there obviously, but the officer had his on board camera on, caught the accident. Before during and after.
As for the phoenix accidents? I know nothing about them. Were they on the national news as well?
My point is as we've seen out west (with CWX) and on the news in the east, fatigue played a significant roll in a lot of their accidents. They are unfortunate, un-necessary, and preventable. Here is the west we are not put under the pressure to drive make deadlines, and then perform dockworker duties, and driver some more. We have been told to be safe. If you get tired take your breaks weather it is a rest period, or lunch etc. That is what is posted periodically on the computer, and in the yards. Where as for CWX drivers and East drivers dont benefit.
We know in the east the yards are a lot closer to each other than in the west. So it may make sense for you guys but not out here. I did not hire into Conway years ago and I expect this company NOT to turn into Conway.
We see the trend again it's sad.:hide:

I did not even hear about the accident with the teenages. That is sad and unfortunate, any accident is. I was referring about the one with the highway patrol or state trooper and the car. I was not there obviously, but the officer had his on board camera on, caught the accident. Before during and after.
As for the phoenix accidents? I know nothing about them. Were they on the national news as well?
My point is as we've seen out west (with CWX) and on the news in the east, fatigue played a significant roll in a lot of their accidents. They are unfortunate, un-necessary, and preventable. Here is the west we are not put under the pressure to drive make deadlines, and then perform dockworker duties, and driver some more. We have been told to be safe. If you get tired take your breaks weather it is a rest period, or lunch etc. That is what is posted periodically on the computer, and in the yards. Where as for CWX drivers and East drivers dont benefit.
We know in the east the yards are a lot closer to each other than in the west. So it may make sense for you guys but not out here. I did not hire into Conway years ago and I expect this company NOT to turn into Conway.
We see the trend again it's sad.:hide:
What is all the talk with conway?Last time I checked we were not conway.Sounds like you envy conway.As far as driving and working the dock,not every line driver in the Harrison division works the dock.It depends on the amount of miles their run is and the majority of them are options to work the dock.As far as accidents,just because they are not covered by news,does not make them have any less of a public impact on the company.An accident is an accident.As I said before there are many things that cause fatigue,not just dockwork.I will say this,there are alot of people that are panicing out there over the move and making all kind of assumptions.All of us guys that were east did the same when we were in the overlap 5yrs ago,that was handed over to the west control.You know what it was not as bad as most thought.I promise it is not as bad as everyone is making it out to be.However there will be some guys that will not adjust well:Duel::argue:

1) where did the east management come from? Substandard for even CWX to keep them?
2)Why did they leave Conway?
3)Where do the red dinosaur gears come from? JUNK AF model equipment? NICE!
4) Where do the "P" trailers with trailer u bolts loose more times than tightened correctly? Kids this is unsafe. Check the shop records! mix matched tires with different tread paterns and tire heights shorter or taller than the one it's paired up with.
5) Why is it better for the west to model itself after 2nd 3rd and 4th rate freight companies, since the west has ALWAYS been profitable? and successful.
We have no clue since we've been forced to pull those things, not to mention the exterme
4th rate billing manifests, HM problems too numerous to count. HM paperwork stapled together in the east that was never checked and is horrible incorrect. Now you east kids open your eyes.
:chairshot:
I'm from the east and i will agree with you on the hazmat paperwork,always stapled together incorrect,6 out of 10 time i get hazmat,i'm always having to get it corrected.don't take it for granted that the red sheet is correct and the sup. is correct,always check the the shipping papers first because it's on you when you leave that gate.god forbid nothing happens to any of us,but like i said,you leave and your hazmat paperwork is wrong,it's your a-s. very good and serious post KINGPIN.

You think those 320 employees that were affected in this are the only people that have ever been affected to help a company survive.

Out of those 320.. almost 200 jobs are still there if they want to follow the work! Will they follow the work?? That is their decision, but the choice is there! I have had to make that choice in my life.. and I chose not to move.. but it worked out in the best for me.

Read the post.. Don't throw that BS on me!

If you will get your head out of your EAST/WEST arse and read the post.. you will see that my comment on karma was talking about people that files false workers comp claims and cause helathcare to rise.

I got one for you! WE ARE FEDEX FREIGHT.. there is not East anymore, there is no West.. we will both make sacrifices, we will both have to give and take. We are one.. Don't like working the dock? apply for a office job, or become a red shirt.
Well said grtdone.nothing wrong with a little hard work. you know what i do, i'm on a 500 mile hubturn and it doesn't bother me to chip in and work the dock at my barn,and the extra money means more ribs and beer.I'M NOT LAZY.

The reason they are sleeping on the side is because, they are on here bit-ching about change or they don't know how to drive a folklift or pull a palletjack.i here guys on here talking about equipment saftey how safe is it to run your run without proper rest.