FedEx Freight | west is no longer going to be west

He is really Augustus McCrae! I once say him down at the Livery Emporium with Woodrow Call!

Selling Rigs, not pigs!

:1036316054:

"I'm just tryin' to keep everything in balance, Woodrow. You do more work than you got to, so it's my obligation to do less."

yeah---lets see how fast that freight moves in the west if you want LINE DRIVERS TO Break their own trailers???

Watch how many Work Comp claims on the 1st day they try to do this!!

Anyone want to bet---VOLVOS start hitting the west with in 6 months??

The freight will move, and it will get broke.. there are plenty of people out there waiting to get on board here, and know what it takes to get it done.

Half the problem with people in our country these days are that they are 1)lazy 2) scared of change 3) running up the cost of health care for others by filing false claims.

Do what you need to do.. just remember about that 'ole girl Karma.. she's a .........

Respect??

Here's the deal---WEST is no MORE....as of Jan 1st 2009 they are closing the WEST G.O---

There is no more EAST and WEST. It will now be called FEDEX FREIGHT INC. Larry M will be PRES of FEDEX FREIGHT INC. Mr Moss will return to Harrison. About 300+ employees from the WEST G.O. are getting the AXE.

All Service Center Operations in the WEST will be called the Western Division--Mike Z will become VP of West Division.----About time they give him some respect!!

Here are the locations the Employees from the WEST G.O get to pick from--Harrison, Lakeland(National HQ), Memphis or Colorado Springs--to relocate and pick up a new job.

CLC is also going to be ran from Harrison as of JAN 1st 2009.

They lost the VP of HR and LINE HAUL.

Mike would get some respect. Once he learned how to give some respect. Give me a break! :butt kiss:

It amazes me to see you guys in the east are on the computer. From what I gather ther are no computers on the dock. By the way trailer in door 62 has your name on it. Go get it! That's great! you guys are proud of your dock skills.
I heard the History channel is coming out with a new show for you east boys. "CROSS DOCK HANDTRUCKER". very impressive. In the west we call you "DOCKWORKER" OR "COMBO" which means you drive a company vehicle to a service center then work the dock for your info.
Oh by the way. If you look it up Laree Millerr, he is the president of sit and sleep mattress company. Now he's running this one? Look it up. Uh boey.

FedEx bought Viking Freight in 1998 because of our on time service, our outstanding customer service not to mention that Viking Freight was profitable. I really don't think that we will just accept everything that the East does and run with it. It is my opinion and my opinion only that there is going to be some compromise in our operations to compliment each other. Everyone here in the West is assuming that we are going to just be converted to what the East does and it will be over. I work here in the West and I'm even a little worried because all the rumors here are just flying like crazy. It does not help though when the Company Officers say they have no answers so of course everyone is jumping to there own conclusions. Its so bad that there are alot more drivers that are calling for the union to come in especially in the SoCal Service Centers. When people think that their pay is going to be affected they get pretty irrational. I believe that the company is not helping though because there is a phone number that was given to us to call with our questions but when we call the number nobody can give us any answers. When the company cannot give its employees any answers what are we suppose to think? This merger didn't just appear out of nowhere its been in the works for quite sometime so how can FedEx not know or not inform its employees to calm their fears or answer their concerns? Believe me I'm trying to look at the bright side here but its a little hard when no one can give anybody a straight answer.

I still remember the meeting in San Jose a few days after Fedex bought Caliber.. Fred Smith was there and made a few interesting commments. 1. "If anybody thinks we bought Caliber to get Viking, they are wrong, all we wanted was RPS, but we had to take the whole package" 2. "The best thing Viking can do is continue to be profitable while we figure out what to do with you" A few years later Sheridan Garrison approched Fred Smith and offered to buy Viking, Fred countered with an offer to buy AF and the rest is history.. The group that will determine what happens in this change will be the same one that made the decsions when the overlap areas were eliminated a couple of years ago, the marketing dept.. West did not keep Colorado because it make operations sense, they kept it because marketing said it would be easier to sell..

OLDkook,
Regarding your comment. Yes Fredee wanted RPS & got Viking in the deal. If he was on top of it he would have bought Viking and settled for RPS in the deal .Look at the numbers they dont lie. We are told as rumor or truth no one knows for sure, But overall Stinko's is a money pit, and FDex ink. will have to bail out that mess. As for AF look at the dinosaur gears. the trailers with the letter "P". I originally was lead to believe "P" stood for POOR CONDITION OR UNSAFE. Axles bolts always loosing up, mix matched tires, traction tires with steering style tread etc. I think the west is not ready for the poor equipment and now management.

Your right, numbers don't lie and Fredee has done pretty well over the past 30 years.. I can assure you that ready or not, Harrison is taking over. As much as people hate to hear remarks like this, we can like it, or leave..

:hysterical:
OLDkook,
Regarding your comment. Yes Fredee wanted RPS & got Viking in the deal. If he was on top of it he would have bought Viking and settled for RPS in the deal .Look at the numbers they dont lie. We are told as rumor or truth no one knows for sure, But overall Stinko's is a money pit, and FDex ink. will have to bail out that mess. As for AF look at the dinosaur gears. the trailers with the letter "P". I originally was lead to believe "P" stood for POOR CONDITION OR UNSAFE. Axles bolts always loosing up, mix matched tires, traction tires with steering style tread etc. I think the west is not ready for the poor equipment and now management.

:hysterical:You sure got that right SDO Kingpin!! About 80% of the time that I take a P Trailer thru the shop for a safety check the P Trailer is Deadlined and the freight will have to be loaded into another trailer. Usually the shop will ask the dock not to reload it into a P Trailer. In LVS, SLC, DEN and AQE there are so many P trailers that are deadlined in ours yards its ridiculous!!:hysterical: Those trailers always come from the East I really don't understand how the East uses that JUNK, what gets me is that they let it go loaded with HAZMAT Freight!! Its usually stuff like bad brakes or a cracked frame, so much for safety when it comes to trailers coming from the east. Their gears are another joke. When we see P Trailers on our Preschedule all the drivers in the Drivers Room will take bets on if the P Trailer will be deadlined or not. Does the East care about the safety of their equipment and their drivers? The tires that come with their equipment are also a joke. I have no problem refusing to take a P Trailer in fact I refused one on Wednsday because its my opinion that my safety and the safety of the traveling public comes first. When I have an East gear I will always change it when those tires look like crap, I have NO Problem changing the gear. I'm glad you brought that up.:1036316054: That's why I'm optimistic that we won't just accept everything the East does as the way of doing business, and if it is the way we are going to do business I guess I will have to just take my ball and go play somewhere else. I have 10 years with this company and as soon as I feel my safety will be jeprodized by piece of crap equipment I will just have to leave. For now I will stick it out and see what happens. With the way gas prices are going through the roof and the way the economy is going south who knows if anyone of us will have a job to worry about. I have No problem with our freinds from the East I've met a few of them in my travels, I just have a problem with their Managment that they let these unsafe trailers and gears stay on the road.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
< So what could this mean for the West? > Hopefully it means they will get rid of the crap equipment from the west and replace the pups and dollies with new ones with the cranks and fifth wheel release on the correct side.

If I wanted to work for Conway I would have applied there some 15 years ago. I say this because if you would take a step back and look at the credentials of most of the east's officers you'd understand why the system operates the way it does. Line drivers working the dock?
This is a dangerous operating model to be emulating. How can you honestly say that after working freight for several hours that one can be as safe and alert as you need to be to identify and avoid problems as they occur.gtrdone its not laziness its common sense.Number 1 reason for driver fatalities is fatigue. I will leave before I take someones life because of a bad operating model.:smilie_132:

The bottom line. You answer the questions

1) where did the east management come from? Substandard for even CWX to keep them?
2)Why did they leave Conway?
3)Where do the red dinosaur gears come from? JUNK AF model equipment? NICE!
4) Where do the &quot;P&quot; trailers with trailer u bolts loose more times than tightened correctly? Kids this is unsafe. Check the shop records! mix matched tires with different tread paterns and tire heights shorter or taller than the one it's paired up with.
5) Why is it better for the west to model itself after 2nd 3rd and 4th rate freight companies, since the west has ALWAYS been profitable? and successful.
We have no clue since we've been forced to pull those things, not to mention the exterme
4th rate billing manifests, HM problems too numerous to count. HM paperwork stapled together in the east that was never checked and is horrible incorrect. Now you east kids open your eyes.
:chairshot:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
< So what could this mean for the West? > Hopefully it means they will get rid of the crap equipment from the west and replace the pups and dollies with new ones with the cranks and fifth wheel release on the correct side.

I don't mind WALKING to the other side to roll down my landing gear, is it really that hard to do? I'd rather WALK to the 'wrong side' and roll down my landing gear than pull 'P'oor Equipment. I would sure like to know how much of our 'crap equipment' is Deadlined in your yards, I bet NONE because judging by the equipment the East sends out your managment doesn't have any problem having their drivers pull anything that has a wooden wheel or mismatched tires, loose bolts, rusted cracked frames etc!!! With all the 'P' trailers that are deadlined in the West yards we could start a cra'P' trucking fleet in Mexico! Have you seen Mexican trucks? I think they might actually use East equipment!!!:hysterical: But as a sidenote we are getting new trailers with the landing gear cranks and fifth wheel releases on the 'correct side'. With our old tractors, trailers and congears we had everything as you'd like to say on the 'wrong side' the fifth wheel release and so forth were on the other side, its only as of 2001 we started getting trucks and trailers and congears with the everything on the 'correct side'. Out of pure curiousity who designates which is the 'correct side' or not?

The freight will move, and it will get broke.. there are plenty of people out there waiting to get on board here, and know what it takes to get it done.

Half the problem with people in our country these days are that they are 1)lazy 2) scared of change 3) running up the cost of health care for others by filing false claims.

Do what you need to do.. just remember about that 'ole girl Karma.. she's a .........

Just a question. Did the 320 employess that are affected by this 'merger' get their Karma?

Just a question. Did the 320 employess that are affected by this 'merger' get their Karma?

You think those 320 employees that were affected in this are the only people that have ever been affected to help a company survive.

Out of those 320.. almost 200 jobs are still there if they want to follow the work! Will they follow the work?? That is their decision, but the choice is there! I have had to make that choice in my life.. and I chose not to move.. but it worked out in the best for me.

Read the post.. Don't throw that BS on me!

If you will get your head out of your EAST/WEST arse and read the post.. you will see that my comment on karma was talking about people that files false workers comp claims and cause helathcare to rise.

I got one for you! WE ARE FEDEX FREIGHT.. there is not East anymore, there is no West.. we will both make sacrifices, we will both have to give and take. We are one.. Don't like working the dock? apply for a office job, or become a red shirt.

Don't like working the dock? apply for a office job, or become a red shirt.
gtdone...I like most of the other part of this post ....but this part is just not a good example for becoming a red shirt and not working the dock .....it does not pay enough to become a entry level red shirt and take the stuff that I see some of them take ....and I'll just say to our fellow road drivers out on the west side ....keep coming up with reasons this won't work ...not to say fedex is going to do anything different out there ...but as drivers from the east side we have said just about everthing there is to say and some things not said and stomped around and got red in the face ...and guess what ... here we are 12 years later just doing it.....hope it makes you fell better for a while ....good luck

gtdone...I like most of the other part of this post ....but this part is just not a good example for becoming a red shirt and not working the dock .....it does not pay enough to become a entry level red shirt and take the stuff that I see some of them take ....and I'll just say to our fellow road drivers out on the west side ....keep coming up with reasons this won't work ...not to say fedex is going to do anything different out there ...but as drivers from the east side we have said just about everthing there is to say and some things not said and stomped around and got red in the face ...and guess what ... here we are 12 years later just doing it.....hope it makes you fell better for a while ....good luck

Sorry if it was taken the wrong way.. but, what I was refferring to and saying all was suppose to be going back to the comment made about Faking an injury and filing a workers comp claim.

There are better ways to avoid a problem then to lie.

I don't mind WALKING to the other side to roll down my landing gear, is it really that hard to do? I'd rather WALK to the 'wrong side' and roll down my landing gear than pull 'P'oor Equipment. I would sure like to know how much of our 'crap equipment' is Deadlined in your yards, I bet NONE because judging by the equipment the East sends out your managment doesn't have any problem having their drivers pull anything that has a wooden wheel or mismatched tires, loose bolts, rusted cracked frames etc!!! With all the 'P' trailers that are deadlined in the West yards we could start a cra'P' trucking fleet in Mexico! Have you seen Mexican trucks? I think they might actually use East equipment!!!:hysterical: But as a sidenote we are getting new trailers with the landing gear cranks and fifth wheel releases on the 'correct side'. With our old tractors, trailers and congears we had everything as you'd like to say on the 'wrong side' the fifth wheel release and so forth were on the other side, its only as of 2001 we started getting trucks and trailers and congears with the everything on the 'correct side'. Out of pure curiousity who designates which is the 'correct side' or not?

We don't see a LOT of east equipment out here. Once in awhile one of the gigantic red gears that get sent east on the first set heading that way.

I was told years ago one of the reasons Viking had their cranks and release handles on the passenger side was that if there was a break down and the driver had to drop equipment, that would keep him out of the roadway.

We get National trailers. Not tie downs. How the hell do you secure freight with no tie downs or E-rails?

I'm not going to get into the east vs west bashing because it doesn't accomplish anything and there's no point in it. They've finally killed the west and that is all there is to it.

Surely you jest!
Please tell me you do not think viking was bought and as a result got caliber and wholla!ground was a result of viking.:hysterical:I may have read this wrong on several post ,but where do some of you west guys think Ground came from and how it was formed.They bought RPS because they needed a way to compete in the ground pkging market and RPS were drivers that worked for them but owned their own package cars .The same applies to a certain extent today.Your ground trucks you see are all owner operators.I am not a rocket scientist by all means but I seriously doubt Viking/west is more profitable than ground.Also I seriously doubt the AF/east is more profitable than ground either.