FedEx Freight | what are other ltl carriers rate of pay?

Boys, it's time to pack up and move on. Between the way they treat us, and the "lower-than-competition wages", you would be a fool in sticking around. Specially when every LTL out there is desperately looking for qualified drivers.

In South Bend Indiana we make $22.88, and all of the competition makes $2-2.50 more an hour.

Hell some of our coworkers make over 24 a HR! Cost of living wage so the purple promise says.. We all do the same job! We all take the same risks( ice, severe weather, and bad traffic). You chose to live where you live.

Same wage across the board!!!

If I may put my two cents in I have always thought when FedEx drivers are really to go union they will. When we was Overnite you couldn't get me to look at the union. Not because I hate the union but I was happy at Overnite. But when UPS bought us it didn't take long for me to realize we need the union. From what I see and hear FedEx is a lot like UPS. So I support you guys and hope the best for all of you. One thing and I know it is easier said than done. But try to treat each other with respect no matter what side of the fence you're on. It is going to be decided by the majority anyway so everyone should be able to live with it. I just can't fell sorry for FedEx or UPS with the profit they make and they want more off the backs of the working man.
Now even the nonunion carriers are using more and more contract carriers. We all have to stop this war on American workers. I hope no one thinks this is a post promoting the union.
Because if you majority of FedEx like the way they are treated and the direction the company is going then more power to you I'm happy for you.
But please don't try to tell me paying dues is reason enough not to vote for the union. If you guys could get a descent contract you won't even notice the dues coming out the first of every month...

Boys, it's time to pack up and move on. Between the way they treat us, and the "lower-than-competition wages", you would be a fool in sticking around. Specially when every LTL out there is desperately looking for qualified drivers.

if it wasn't for the seniority I accumulated and the vacation I have racked up I would have been gone

if it wasn't for the seniority I accumulated and the vacation I have racked up I would have been gone

Sounds good till you look back 5 to 10 years from now and you're still miserable. I also thought that but left anyway. Now I have a bid run and a newer tractor then I ever had at FedEx. Stay because you want too... not have too There is life after FedEx.

My best to you all.

Ugh! Same company different wage! 22.88 here! Another reason I'm pushing for UNION

Same here, it would take a $3.77/hr raise to match UPS Freight. Puts those $65/month dues in perspective, huh? But then again, that's one of those companies that's on their way out, as some would have us believe.

Same here, it would take a $3.77/hr raise to match UPS Freight. Puts those $65/month dues in perspective, huh? But then again, that's one of those companies that's on their way out, as some would have us believe.

Now that's funny I don't care who you are...:hysterical:

Is that 3.77 to match what upsf is going to get in end of contract because around. Here they don't make 3.77 more than I do

Seniority and Vacation don't mean crap if your unhappy where you are, thats why I made a change for the better in my life..

Ups freight isn't going anywhere, if they had the slightest doubt in their future they wouldn't be dropping all the doe on the 63 natural gas trucks, and a natural gas filling station in Harrisburg terminal.

Don't know where you are, but they do make 26.65/hr NOW, going up to 27.10 in January.

I doesn't matter where you are we pay the same across the country as it should be. But so many have drank the cool laid that they and the job they do isn't worth those wages.
I am sure glad to be working for UPSF...

im at od i make .576 per mile and 24.40 an hour we also get a higher rate we
when we go on vacation my vacation rate is 37 an hour they pays nine hour a day for vacation and all holidays

im at od i make .576 per mile and 24.40 an hour we also get a higher rate we
when we go on vacation my vacation rate is 37 an hour they pays nine hour a day for vacation and all holidays

That is pretty good. My vacation average was $46.25 so I'm not complaining either very blessed...

At fedex we get an unspecified raise every June sometimes. Oh wait October again. It used to be October but moved to June but now the company decided October again. Every few years the raises will be delayed to make us work for less money. Our raises are pretty awesome though. They sometimes cover the difference our insurance premiums have been raised. Luckily we have unlimited earning potential if you are willing to kiss butts.

Sorry if the term kiss butts offends you. I am well aware that some members are offended easily and I am deeply sorry