ABF | What are we gonna do?

Seamus20

TB Lurker
Credits
I have spoken to many HXP drivers from several different terminals from CT the past 2 weeks who all told me that they & their terminals were going to vote yes. When I asked them why the response from each & everyone of them was " What are we gonna do" ?? This shocked & scared me ! I can respect someone who has a different opinion than I & If they could give solid reasons as to why they felt that way I'd agree to disagree & certainly be open to debate on the issues....But "what are we gonna do" is exactly what the company wants & hopes for. ' what are we gonna do?? imagine if all the ones who came before us felt that way?. what would we have? What if the ones who came before we're afraid to lose what they have? afraid to stand up for what's right? just accepted "that's just the way it is"? WE'D HAVE NOTHING , NO WORK RULES,NO PAID TIME OFF,NO HEALTH & WELFARE,NO RIGHT TO DUE PROCESS. ETC GENTLEMAN IF YOU WON'T STAND UP FOR YOURSELVES.....WHO WILL? & IF YOU WON'T STAND UP FOR YOURSELF & FAMILY...THEN WHO WILL YOU STAND UP FOR???? "WHAT CAN WE DO"??? WE CAN STAND TOGETHER & SEND THEM BACK TO THE TABLE & GET A CONTRACT WE CAN LIVE WITH.....THERE IS MUCH WE CAN DO TOGETHER FOR US, FOR OUR FAMILIES, FOR THE ONES WHO CAME BEFORE & FOR THE FUTURE FAMILIES WHO WILL COME BEHIND US !!

We the ABF TEAMSTERS are going to vote this POS down, and yes they will go back to the table and negotiate a contract we can all live with!

people are suckers. i hear them too. they say "WE CANT LOSE OUR JOBS". "ITS STILL BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE HAS IT" etc..

i just have no confidence in my fool brothers at all. theyll probably vote for the pos.
VOTE NO

I have spoken to many HXP drivers from several different terminals from CT the past 2 weeks who all told me that they & their terminals were going to vote yes. When I asked them why the response from each & everyone of them was " What are we gonna do" ?? This shocked & scared me ! I can respect someone who has a different opinion than I & If they could give solid reasons as to why they felt that way I'd agree to disagree & certainly be open to debate on the issues....But "what are we gonna do" is exactly what the company wants & hopes for. ' what are we gonna do?? imagine if all the ones who came before us felt that way?. what would we have? What if the ones who came before we're afraid to lose what they have? afraid to stand up for what's right? just accepted "that's just the way it is"? WE'D HAVE NOTHING , NO WORK RULES,NO PAID TIME OFF,NO HEALTH & WELFARE,NO RIGHT TO DUE PROCESS. ETC GENTLEMAN IF YOU WON'T STAND UP FOR YOURSELVES.....WHO WILL? & IF YOU WON'T STAND UP FOR YOURSELF & FAMILY...THEN WHO WILL YOU STAND UP FOR???? "WHAT CAN WE DO"??? WE CAN STAND TOGETHER & SEND THEM BACK TO THE TABLE & GET A CONTRACT WE CAN LIVE WITH.....THERE IS MUCH WE CAN DO TOGETHER FOR US, FOR OUR FAMILIES, FOR THE ONES WHO CAME BEFORE & FOR THE FUTURE FAMILIES WHO WILL COME BEHIND US !!
While they're on their way back to the table, we will have a mass exodus of scared customers and the stock price will plunge. ABF will be bought or destroyed. The freight(not our jobs) will be absorbed by the competition and we'll be out of a job. But hey, at least we'll have our 'vote no' pride. Pride won't buy supper.
Good luck with that. This isn't your grandpa's union anymore.

Regardless of the opinions expressed, about 1 in 4 will vote yes or cynically not vote. ABF is NOT worried about this TA being ratified. As Stoney has asserted, he'll vote his conscience and circumstance. And so will everyone else. Whether your pleading for a yes vote or demanding a no vote.
The REAL damage will be in moral.

While they're on their way back to the table, we will have a mass exodus of scared customers and the stock price will plunge. ABF will be bought or destroyed. The freight(not our jobs) will be absorbed by the competition and we'll be out of a job. But hey, at least we'll have our 'vote no' pride. Pride won't buy supper.

Because grandpa wasn't scared like you.

They offer you a pacifer to sooth your ego. You will have bragging rights that you still make more then YRC teamsters. Your ego won't be destroyed. That's what it's all about. Right?. You will no longer be the baddest in the land. They're taking away your elite status. There is no way in hell ABF will accept a no vote as they did in 2010. They were under contract then and had no recourse. There is only one option for ABF and that would be a lock-out. A lock-out shouldn't cause that much damage or last that long because fear, panic and anxiety will ripple across the network. A lock-out will kill three stones

1. It will eliminate high cost nonprofitable freight. The high cost non-profitable freight that employs driver/dock

2. It would reduce the need for terminals and people that staff them

3. cameras will insure no one steals the 7% back

If THIS TA IS TURNED DOWN AND ABF LOSES CUSTOMERS, THEY HAVE ONLY THEMSELVES TO BLAME. AND NOT US..... IF THEY WOULD HAVE NEGOTIATED FOR A GOOD AND FAIR CONTRACT, THEN THERE WOULD BE NO FEAR OF LOSING CUSTOMERS.

THIS IS ON THE COMPANY, AND THE COMPANY ALONE

VOTE NO AND SEND THEM BACK TILL THEY GET IT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They offer you a pacifer to sooth your ego. You will have bragging rights that you still make more then YRC teamsters. Your ego won't be destroyed. That's what it's all about. Right?. You will no longer be the baddest in the land. They're taking away your elite status. There is no way in hell ABF will accept a no vote as they did in 2010. They were under contract then and had no recourse. There is only one option for ABF and that would be a lock-out. A lock-out shouldn't cause that much damage or last that long because fear, panic and anxiety will ripple across the network. A lock-out will kill three stones

1. It will eliminate high cost nonprofitable freight. The high cost non-profitable freight that employs driver/dock

2. It would reduce the need for terminals and people that staff them

3. cameras will insure no one steals the 7% back
You're clueless, plunger.

If THIS TA IS TURNED DOWN AND ABF LOSES CUSTOMERS, THEY HAVE ONLY THEMSELVES TO BLAME. AND NOT US..... IF THEY WOULD HAVE NEGOTIATED FOR A GOOD AND FAIR CONTRACT, THEN THERE WOULD BE NO FEAR OF LOSING CUSTOMERS.

Won't matter whose to blame when we're in the unemployment office. You'll be the proudest guy in there.
I don't see any way we're going to get a better offer while our customers are moving their freight to more stable carriers and the shareholders are seriously considering selling the company due to the horrible stock plunge that WILL HAPPEN if we boldly 'send em back to the table'. Be sure you're ready for the results of your brave vote.

Won't matter whose to blame when we're in the unemployment office. You'll be the proudest guy in there.
I don't see any way we're going to get a better offer while our customers are moving their freight to more stable carriers and the shareholders are seriously considering selling the company due to the horrible stock plunge that WILL HAPPEN if we boldly 'send em back to the table'. Be sure you're ready for the results of your brave vote.

I have NO problem with my vote..... It has to pass by majority, You can't put this on me or teamster members, If this was a good and fair contract proposal then it would not have any problem with passing....... This is on the Company.......... NOT THE TEAMSTER MEMBERS

I have NO problem with my vote..... It has to pass by majority, You can't put this on me or teamster members, If this was a good and fair contract proposal then it would not have any problem with passing....... This is on the Company.......... NOT THE TEAMSTER MEMBERS

Don't the teamsters think this is a good and fair contract? it seems to me only the loud and outspoken on here are against it as unfair. Your leaders think it is great considering where they started the negotiations.

I guess the fort should have thought about scared customers before they offered us this POS.

Most of my work will be gone in this TA . I was offered nothing in this TA so I'm turning nothing down.

There is no pride in my no vote and there is no WORK for me with a yes vote.

Yea papa that's what I'm talking about. Don't blame us because the fort did this not us.

This is a very stressful time. Are we willing to play Russian Roulette with our job's ? If we stand strong and say NO the out come might be worse. People would think that we are silly for standing our ground knowing the freight industry is so unpredictable. Were in the position of " DAMED IF WE DO AND DAMED IF WE DONT!! "

Don't the teamsters think this is a good and fair contract? it seems to me only the loud and outspoken on here are against it as unfair. Your leaders think it is great considering where they started the negotiations.
whats crazy about this whole thing white shirt, they pay these people for representation , out of choice, but yet don't trust them. Who's the weak school kid and who's the bully?

The sky is falling The sky is falling

It may suck but at least its in black and white for all to see. Not hidden away on the company portal, to be changed as the wind blows.

So what we have after months of negotiations including 2 months of extensions between the IBT and the company there are those who believe a no win will result in yet even more talks and possibly some improvements you cannot be serious!!!