XPO | what did you think of dougs video?

After all this firing over this one thread , theres not going to be many drivers left!! We all heard it so much in our time with Conway , now we have employees wanting to fire employees over a video that someone shouldn't have made in the first place .. Especially with his personal business attempting to prove a point that this company don't practice !

isn't that the exact point doug is trying to make, its time to make the change!!!!!!! he has the balls to say change and damn the shareholders. get on board or get out he said it in plain english.now mabe you've been here longer than me and have seen things come and go but " i have the courage to interveine and change behaviour" ! i hope you do too.

Your pension money is funding your 401K. every quarter. You don't understand that just like everybody else. That's a fact. Doug has other things funding his parachute, but not your pension money. Please understand your benefits. And quit grandstanding yourself.

The way things were explained to us is that the 3,4,5% was to help older- new employees with shorter time to work gain more and try to make up ground on the younger guys that have many more years to work and plan for retirement. Even the playing field so to say.
The match was raised from .50 on the dollar up to 3% to .50 up 6% to help ease the potential backlash of a lost pension. But when no backlash was seen, it disappeared as well as the other bennies did. I personally doubt you will ever see a match again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel for him, what a tragedy.

I'll buy in when they quit "rebuildin" trailers and dollies, and set the trucks to a speed limit that fits the state the trucks run in. 55 in CA would be safe, 60 in IL would be safe, 75 in TX would be safe. We don't need to be driving 30 mph slower than traffic in the high speed states.

After seeing this video for myself. I am skeptical. What will he do to end the " get it done " attitude and install this " get it done safely " attitude ?

Progressive loading for instance. Instead of having someone accountable for loading the trailer high and tight with the weight just right. We got a bunch of guys slamming the freight in there any old way and rushing off to their next motor move.

I wish I had an answer. Something intelligent to say to help. This is after all MY safety we are talking about. Of course I care. I am invested. How do you get that to the grey shirts ? To be invested in the safety of others ?

I kinda thought that's what the SME's job was supposed to be, to go around from sector to sector checking loads, making sure they're loaded high 'n tight but evenly and safely too. Seems like ours have turned into just another dock supervisor, telling us to cram that freight and make it fit.

They have also added trailer cubes to the weekly, monthly etc. Score card. Told us we were not measuring the freight properly. Told us that during the safety meeting. Looks like numbers are still number 1
Now that, is my opinion. I don't know for sure

You would be correct. It's funny, they tell us to measure the freight in the street, they don't get the results that they want, so obviously it's our fault that we're not measuring right. Now we have to remeasure 10% on the dock every night, and our swap freight that doesn't get measured 'til it gets to the yard doesn't count to that number. They came up with more for us to do, but that's not good enough, then we have to re-do the extra work we're already doing!

The 3,4, or 5 % quarterly is money that replaced the pension. That is all I was talking about. That is not my opinion. That's a fact. The 401 match is entirely different story. If you understood how things worked and not be one of those grumblers that doug was talking about. ..you would feel better. I'm sure you've got a good one-liner ready for me that will get you high-fives from Rat.

How the hell did I get into this???

I have no dog in this fight...

Other than the fact I believe Doug S. is a bald faced liar...manipulating people to achieve his goals...AKA...lining his financial pockets at the expense of good hard working peeps.

And this is nothing new...been going on for a number of years.

Not gonna change anytime soon!!!!!

Rat

Other than the fact I believe Doug S. is a bald faced liar...manipulating people to achieve his goals...AKA...lining his financial pockets at the expense of good hard working peeps.

Rat

I knew you could not resist

the man lives in small-town USA, sends his kids to public schools, lives in a middle class neighborhood, and recently shared his most personal experiences with his employees.

The things that will not change are right here right now, not at your ex-employer

you make a great ex-one-percenter

I feel for him, what a tragedy.

I'll buy in when they quit "rebuildin" trailers and dollies, and set the trucks to a speed limit that fits the state the trucks run in. 55 in CA would be safe, 60 in IL would be safe, 75 in TX would be safe. We don't need to be driving 30 mph slower than traffic in the high speed states.

god damn road hazards I tell ya. we have to be the laughing stock of the ltls. We are con- in the way freight. Nothing like going by someone just to have him pass you again once you hit even the slightest upgrade.

the man lives in small-town USA, sends his kids to public schools, lives in a middle class neighborhood

Really??? A 16,000 sq ft home worth $2.7mil is in a middle class neighborhood? My middle class neighborhood would fit on his property. That shows how disconnected the folks in Ann Arbor are from reality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rat

I think when some things are said that are hard to argue, you get that whole " it's George Bush's fault or I inherited this economic depression" type of response.

Really??? A 16,000 sq ft home worth $2.7mil is in a middle class neighborhood? My middle class neighborhood would fit on his property. That shows how disconnected the folks in Ann Arbor are from reality.

Wait, how do you know how big his house is and how much it's worth? That's information I never saw posted on the employee portal... I wouldn't doubt he's living in a spread that big but I have no idea how much his house is worth.

Wait, how do you know how big his house is and how much it's worth? That's information I never saw posted on the employee portal... I wouldn't doubt he's living in a spread that big but I have no idea how much his house is worth.

It's on the internet...you just have to know where to look. Two websites; one to get his address, and one to get the info on the "French country style estate". It took me about 3 minutes.

I love the old school modem dial up sounds during the hand held part. If only what we have to work with was that good !