Yellow | What do you like about working here @ YRCW ? What do you Hate about working here ?

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
A thread for all potential new employees and current employees to read about the benefits and drawbacks, advantage and disadvantage of working for YRCW.

What do you like about working here? What do you hate about working here? This thread is open to ALL YRCW employees so if you post something that pertains let's say to Holland or New Penn or YRCF only please say that !!

R 14 you will have to monitor this thread all the time or you know it will turn into a hateful display of junk!!! But here goes

Like.....it's a TEAMSTER job!!!!! and I am home every day!!
Dislike.....Sterling tractors and "Jiff-Locks" and "Jiff-Lock" tractors (Still some around!)

A thread for all potential new employees and current employees to read about the benefits and drawbacks, advantage and disadvantage of working for YRCW.

What do you like about working here? What do you hate about working here? This thread is open to ALL YRCW employees so if you post something that pertains let's say to Holland or New Penn or YRCF only please say that !!

Like: Working for YRCW feeds my family and provides us with a reasonably comfortable lifestyle....(minus 15% and pension conributions)

Hate: Employees with bad attitudes and those that practice work habits which require me to clean up their messes.

Number crunchers that don't know a lick about freight....

Like: As a road driver my Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday 13:00 start time.

Hate: Large number of deadbeat brothers and sisters. Sterlings.

Likes : Teamster job & the opportunity to earn a honest living.

Dislikes : We as Teamsters unable to come together as ONE : Diminishing Union Influence to Protect Workers Rights : Tolerence of known bad seeds within Our Own Family which negatively effects the overall view of the Teamsters Organization as a whole.

Like: Union job and benefits
Dislike: being a Holland driver, we are owned, micro-managed, and being dragged under the waves by the big Yellow anchor

dislike-lack of contract enforcement, nearly everything is based on favortism and brown-nosing. company can't even put checks out on time and dishonesty is a managerial requirement

:Like: ? HATE: GB...........................................................................................................................................................................................****

Like: My 13 yr. old Volvo that is assigned to me. It looks newer and cleaner than any of the newest road junk we have.

Dislike: Late strips that show up and force us to leave the yard 10 am because you need to get 1 skid off of it that weighs 100 lbs. Then you have to drive 1 hour to get to your first stop. By then it's 11 am. Now you have to try and get 12 stops off and avoid everyone's lunch breaks......then the pickups start coming......and the first three close at 3pm! Go, go, go.........but do it SAFELY!!!!!

Cons:Being laid-off for over 3.5 years under the Yellow and now
YRCF Banner.Because Mgnmt and fellow Teamsters don't at my
EOL(322) care about trying to get the laid-off members back.

Pros:When working, good money and great beny's.Also the ltl
demeaner is laid-back(past tense of course).

R-14, good post, thank you.
As I have said before, I came from Overnite so I have been on both sides of the fence (Union/non-Union), in good times and bad.
I'm gona break down my answer to past and present.
Past,
Proses; job security, benefits and the security of them, the ability to support my family on a 40 hour week and the fact that although sometimes things could have been done better, all in all we stood together and enforced the contract for everyone.
Cons; Having to work midnights for what seamed like a lifetime.
Present,
Proses; The knowledge that we are still Union and the fact that WE can take back OUR Union and restore the pride/solidarity and security.
Cons; The lack of any security in our jobs (although it is getting better), representation is weak at best, being layed off for 2 years and now having to work overtime just to make a pay check.

Like.......Not having to wear a suit and tie to work. Not staring at a cubicle wall for 10 hrs a day.

Dislike........Frozen toes and fingers. Guys that wipe boogers on the bathroom wall. Road drivers that insist upon sharing their toenails with me.

:duh:
Like: Union job and benefits
Dislike: being a Holland driver, we are owned, micro-managed, and being dragged under the waves by the big Yellow anchor

why dont you blame the company that sold you to yellow but all you do is cry about yellow did this and yellow done that.

:duh:

why dont you blame the company that sold you to yellow but all you do is cry about yellow did this and yellow done that.

When we were owned by the other company our OR was in the mid to low 90's. Now that we do things yellow's way and pay "fees" to yellow we barely make money. And that's after a giveback. As for selling Holland, if someone came up to you and offered to buy your car for way more than it was worth what would you say? Yellow is a pos "freight" outfit and deserves all the blame for the situation we are all in.

Could we have one thread that is not a Yellow Vs Roadway argument please?

When we were owned by the other company our OR was in the mid to low 90's. Now that we do things yellow's way and pay "fees" to yellow we barely make money. And that's after a giveback. As for selling Holland, if someone came up to you and offered to buy your car for way more than it was worth what would you say? Yellow is a pos "freight" outfit and deserves all the blame for the situation we are all in.

What did I tell you R-14?? This guy just can't help it.