Yellow | What do you like about working here @ YRCW ? What do you Hate about working here ?

I think that if slim had to stay on his sight we would never hear from him again. This is the YRC Freight site and I think that the retired and non YRC people should keep their opinions to them selves. After all if you don't work here, why is it your concern? There are sites that have to do with every other company, do you mean to tell me that your sites are not enough for your whining ? Look at the biggest cry babies on this site, they are people that don't work here now, or are you going to tell us about the good old days. Nothing but bitching and lack of any news. The guys that are laid off I feel for. The retirees can go do something else. They quit when the going got hard. If I am wrong I'd loved it to be proven. Seems the ones that tell us how bad it is here are the ones that don't work here.

I think that if slim had to stay on his sight we would never hear from him again. This is the YRC Freight site and I think that the retired and non YRC people should keep their opinions to them selves. After all if you don't work here, why is it your concern? There are sites that have to do with every other company, do you mean to tell me that your sites are not enough for your whining ? Look at the biggest cry babies on this site, they are people that don't work here now, or are you going to tell us about the good old days. Nothing but bitching and lack of any news. The guys that are laid off I feel for. The retirees can go do something else. They quit when the going got hard. If I am wrong I'd loved it to be proven. Seems the ones that tell us how bad it is here are the ones that don't work here.
Don't think any of what you proposed is gonna happen......There are websites you can spend your time other than here. No one to bother ya and ya can stroke each other all ya want.

Union 'Til I Die!

I agree pilot108 if you don't work here, why get involved? But as far as the retirees are concerned, a lot of them have a vested interest in the success or failure of YRCW! Many of them are drawing pensions that could be affected if YRCW goes belly up, or is successful in talking the present employees to pull out of the pension funds. Don't forget that many retirees believe in the slogan "Union 'Til I Die"!

truckdriversunionlocal4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with your post Freightmaster1, but have a question. We @ Holland also have lost our pension already but we're not to speak negatively about the entity that caused this? Just wondering......

I feel the union employees at YRC Freight, Holland, and ABF Freight are all in this together...especially the ones who are active or retired participants in the Central States Pension Plan. It is up to us to stay united, and work together with the IBT to make sure there are no further concessions that will further jeopardize our pension benefits and further put our retirement security at risk. I'll listen to any union member who wants to get involved in coming up with a solution to keep YRCW open without bastardizing our fringe benefit packages even further! Right now we got to make sure that ABF gets the best contract they can on 4-1-13 and hopefully YRCW will be around in 2015 to reap the benefits!

I feel the union employees at YRC Freight, Holland, and ABF Freight are all in this together...especially the ones who are active or retired participants in the Central States Pension Plan. It is up to us to stay united, and work together with the IBT to make sure there are no further concessions that will further jeopardize our pension benefits and further put our retirement security at risk. I'll listen to any union member who wants to get involved in coming up with a solution to keep YRCW open without bastardizing our fringe benefit packages even further! Right now we got to make sure that ABF gets the best contract they can on 4-1-13 and hopefully YRCW will be around in 2015 to reap the benefits!

ABF can get the moon in their next contract. It won't do us any good. The NMFA was killed with the last mou. Extending to 2015 was the death blow.

"They quit when the going got hard" I remember when the complaint was, why are you still working when you could retire.

Like: Pretty decent pay even with a 15% wage concession. Benefits are company paid. MOST of the people are pretty decent people to work with and will try to help you out at work if you need it. Even though it's not much of a Union anymore it's still a little bit of Union protection from the Teamsters. Working 40 hours a week

Dislike: 4 hour minimum shift extension for overtime. W-S 0001 shift. Been there 5 and a half years and still don't have any seniority(3rd from the bottom.) Stuck on the dock unless I sign up for overtime. Old worn out dock with tons of potholes.

Originally Posted by pilot108 I think that if slim had to stay on his sight we would never hear from him again. This is the YRC Freight site and I think that the retired and non YRC people should keep their opinions to them selves. After all if you don't work here, why is it your concern? There are sites that have to do with every other company, do you mean to tell me that your sites are not enough for your whining ? Look at the biggest cry babies on this site, they are people that don't work here now, or are you going to tell us about the good old days. Nothing but bitching and lack of any news. The guys that are laid off I feel for. The retirees can go do something else. They quit when the going got hard. If I am wrong I'd loved it to be proven. Seems the ones that tell us how bad it is here are the ones that don't work here."

"This is the YRC Freight site and I think that the retired and non YRC people should keep their opinions to them selves. After all if you don't work here, why is it your concern?"

Why do you feel the need to stifle the freedom to express ones opinion based solely on the fact that a person may be retired or be employed else where? Do you believe that your opinion is more relevant than a person that is retired?
People that have already put in the hard time and retired DO have a concern about what happens to the Company. To think otherwise shows a lack of deeper understanding of a broader picture.

"Look at the biggest cry babies on this site, they are people that don't work here now, or are you going to tell us about the good old days. Nothing but bitching and lack of any news."

Did you read your post prior to posting? It seems to me to qualify as "Cry baby" status by your own criteria... i.e. nothing but "bitching" and lacking in any news...and no mention of the "good old days" either...

"The retirees can go do something else. They quit when the going got hard".

Yes the retirees can go do something else. They have EARNED that privilege through their hard work over many years.

Are you serious when you say that those that have retired just did so because things got to "hard"? You don't think it could have possibly had anything to do with the fact that they had their time in and exercised their right to retire for other reasons than it was just to "hard" to keep working? Seriously you should give more thought to your words before posting them for all to see.

"If I am wrong I'd loved it to be proven."

It's not a matter of right or wrong...it's a matter of your opinion......that you freely express, (as you should) while believing that certain others should not have that same right.

"Seems the ones that tell us how bad it is here are the ones that don't work here."

There are many on here that are always reminding us how bad things are that are STILL working here.....inspite of how bad they say it is....

In keeping with the spirit of thread topic.....

First off, The opinions expressed are from the perspective of a retired employee.

Likes: First and foremost, It is a Union represented Company, meaning that you will have rights not afforded to non-union companies.Examples include the right to address grievances, Getting paid for what you do. Excellent Benefits. Hopefully the retirement benefit will improve as time moves forward. Wages are above the "normal" for any other driving or dock job. Gives one the ability to earn a decent and respectable standard of living for you and your family.

Dislikes: Most "dislikes" are common to most any other Company or the driving profession in general... long hours...bad weather, bad traffic, ect... But overall the likes out weigh the dislikes.... in spite of what you may read from the posts on this board....

Originally Posted by pilot108 I think that if slim had to stay on his sight we would never hear from him again. This is the YRC Freight site and I think that the retired and non YRC people should keep their opinions to them selves. After all if you don't work here, why is it your concern? There are sites that have to do with every other company, do you mean to tell me that your sites are not enough for your whining ? Look at the biggest cry babies on this site, they are people that don't work here now, or are you going to tell us about the good old days. Nothing but bitching and lack of any news. The guys that are laid off I feel for. The retirees can go do something else. They quit when the going got hard. If I am wrong I'd loved it to be proven. Seems the ones that tell us how bad it is here are the ones that don't work here."

"This is the YRC Freight site and I think that the retired and non YRC people should keep their opinions to them selves. After all if you don't work here, why is it your concern?"

Why do you feel the need to stifle the freedom to express ones opinion based solely on the fact that a person may be retired or be employed else where? Do you believe that your opinion is more relevant than a person that is retired?
People that have already put in the hard time and retired DO have a concern about what happens to the Company. To think otherwise shows a lack of deeper understanding of a broader picture.

"Look at the biggest cry babies on this site, they are people that don't work here now, or are you going to tell us about the good old days. Nothing but bitching and lack of any news."

Did you read your post prior to posting? It seems to me to qualify as "Cry baby" status by your own criteria... i.e. nothing but "bitching" and lacking in any news...and no mention of the "good old days" either...

Yes the retirees can go do something else. They have EARNED that privilege through their hard work over many years.

Are you serious when you say that those that have retired just did so because things got to "hard"? You don't think it could have possibly had anything to do with the fact that they had their time in and exercised their right to retire for other reasons than it was just to "hard" to keep working? Seriously you should give more thought to your words before posting them for all to see.

It's not a matter of right or wrong...it's a matter of your opinion......that you freely express, (as you should) while believing that certain others should not have that same right.

"Seems the ones that tell us how bad it is here are the ones that don't work here."

There are many on here that are always reminding us how bad things are that are STILL working here.....inspite of how bad they say it is....
What an eloquent rebuttal. Glad to see a post from you, it's been a while.:guiness:

I'll agree with you on most, but it was said time and again that some were taking their retirement to not have to go to 309. As far as the others I can't say. My main point of contension was the non YRC people that want to crap on the company, yet , not work here or have never worked here. There was a suggestion that I go to another site to rant by a retiree that frequents the other site and sucks up to the administraters there. He might want to post noodles rants here as he is one of his supporters. No I don't go there to listen to *****(noodle) that did'nt have the guts to stick it out when the going got tough. I noticed that at the time I decided not to post there anymore that this individual has tried to play both sides of the road. I have never said that people have no right to post, only that if you don't work here how can you know the going ons of this company? Hearsay?
If you don't work here day in day out what is your opinion worth? How many other people on this board would take the b s that we at Yrc have put up with? I say if you don't work here stay off the board. What can you possibly add? What used to be? On another board it is said to stay off if you are not from that company, Only Yrc is to be the whipping post for every comment from every other company?

First off bennys are negotiated as part of your wages, the company does not pay them your wages do .So some people need to learn where they Benefits come from and its not 15% its close to 25% with the pension taken out.
Like: Pretty decent pay even with a 15% wage concession. Benefits are company paid. MOST of the people are pretty decent people to work with and will try to help you out at work if you need it. Even though it's not much of a Union anymore it's still a little bit of Union protection from the Teamsters. Working 40 hours a week

Dislike: 4 hour minimum shift extension for overtime. W-S 0001 shift. Been there 5 and a half years and still don't have any seniority(3rd from the bottom.) Stuck on the dock unless I sign up for overtime. Old worn out dock with tons of potholes.

First off bennys are negotiated as part of your wages, the company does not pay them your wages do .So some people need to learn where they Benefits come from and its not 15% its close to 25% with the pension taken out.

You can't have it both ways. If you're going to say that "benefits" come out of "wages", then you have to use the higher figure (pay + benefits) when you discuss pay levels, i.e., wages.

Also, of course the company pays them. Whether you call them "benefits" or "wages", the come from the company in the end. Simply semantics, that's all.