ODFL | What do you Love about working here? What do you Hate about working here?

I'm not sure where you are, but I've worked at 3 OD service centers over 10 years and this is diffinately the exception. I'm not saying everything is perfect, but this is a good company with a lot of good people who work here. Is it a management problem, or are the hourlys causing problems?
Doesn't seem to be a hourly problem. Everyone gets along and makes a good living I believe. Last manager there had major personality issues (was a real *****) and got fired. New guy has a great personality but is very young and inexperienced in managing a small location with a huge foot print and limited personnel. Service center is just way under staffed. 30 doors with 9 city drivers and 1 dock worker. Shortest pedals are over 150 miles a day with the exception of one and it's around 75. Longest sometimes is over 280 with 12 or more stops not counting pickups. It's the place to be if you want hours we got em.

Apparently this week was Driver/Employee Appreciation week.Couldn't tell from our place.Just another week.Anyone else get any props,treats,food if any kind? Anyone? Buehler?

Apparently this week was Driver/Employee Appreciation week.Couldn't tell from our place.Just another week.Anyone else get any props,treats,food if any kind? Anyone? Buehler?
They had chicken and some other food. That they got it at 11am and I start at 11pm. So I got a couple free cans of soda outta the deal.

Doesn't seem to be a hourly problem. Everyone gets along and makes a good living I believe. Last manager there had major personality issues (was a real *****) and got fired. New guy has a great personality but is very young and inexperienced in managing a small location with a huge foot print and limited personnel. Service center is just way under staffed. 30 doors with 9 city drivers and 1 dock worker. Shortest pedals are over 150 miles a day with the exception of one and it's around 75. Longest sometimes is over 280 with 12 or more stops not counting pickups. It's the place to be if you want hours we got em.
Does you new boss have the common sense to ask the rank & file for guidance? If he does that, it will make everybody's experience @ work much better. If not, well, you know the answer. von.

Troll here. These are strange times. For the first time in my tenure, my company did nothing for appreciation week. Quarterly meeting was all positive. Freight levels up and down locally. And every ltl in my area (yours & mine included) are hiring. Just feels weird.

Troll here. These are strange times. For the first time in my tenure, my company did nothing for appreciation week. Quarterly meeting was all positive. Freight levels up and down locally. And every ltl in my area (yours & mine included) are hiring. Just feels weird.

Ours felt forced. There weren't no steaks and T-bones but I was told I'm very much appreciated by our office staff.

I heard the Eugene terminal chipped in and bought you a slightly used Zero turn radius mower they found on E Bay???

You are only allowed to comment in this thread when you meet the strict standard it takes to become one of the best in the LTL industry and have the pride to wear the green and black shirt we all love so much that we wear it even outside of work as well as ordering extra OD shirts for our family members to wear also.

Until then, all mowing information will be kept confidential. Sorry driver, but this is the house of OD.

Reactions: Ump
You are only allowed to comment in this thread when you meet the strict standard it takes to become one of the best in the LTL industry and have the pride to wear the green and black shirt we all love so much that we wear it even outside of work as well as ordering extra OD shirts for our family members to wear also.

Until then, all mowing information will be kept confidential. Sorry driver, but this is the house of OD.
Hahahaha. I miss the entertainment.

Ours felt forced. There weren't no steaks and T-bones but I was told I'm very much appreciated by our office staff.
Don't know what we had. I saw A-1 bottles and baked potatoes when I got in. For breakfast the city guys were going for 2 plates. Y'all get the coffee cup?

My partner and I have OD sheets in the gold hotel.....

My partner and I have OD sheets in the gold hotel.....

I'll give you two hats so when you walk around in public on your days off in the mall people will ask you what an OD is?.?.

There's no hurt in showing your pride to want to drive with us.

Don't know what we had. I saw A-1 bottles and baked potatoes when I got in. For breakfast the city guys were going for 2 plates. Y'all get the coffee cup?

Check Billy's Uhaul, you'll see where all the leftovers are headed.