FedEx Freight | what happened? This was a fire storm with organizing

Since it seems like most people are NOT aware, I'll share a bit of info.
Remember the "SCORECARD", well, that all came about because UPPER Management called in the "ELITE" drivers who participate and have had awards at the National Trucking Championships, or TDI's. They also requested the input of various DDI's from several regions. These "Elite" Professional Driversw are some of the BIGGEST Corporate kiss butts!!! NOT ALL OF THEM! But most think they are God's gift to FXF. I have NOTHING against these Drivers wanting to compete and share some of their years of knowledge with the rest of us. I, at one point was going to join the "TEAM", but I saw how much axx kissing was going on and some very high levels of HYPOCRISY. So, I just do my everyday job and go home.

AGAIN, NOT ALL who compete are this way!!! I know some of you will attack me about this post, but you see, I rather speak the truth to make others aware.

Management WILL NOT ask for advice or information to "BETTER" the relations by a bunch of "nobody's". They go to their favorite axx kissers.

And this is the HONEST truth.

I agree whole heartedly with you..

And some of these same free agent type ass kissers are also driving hard for the union, some even have the gall to want to be steward...

Now I wonder is that what management wants..?? Rat ass kissing free agents that will knuckle under,.

I agree whole heartedly with you..

And some of these same free agent type ass kissers are also driving hard for the union, some even have the gall to want to be steward...

Now I wonder is that what management wants..?? Rat ass kissing free agents that will knuckle under,.

Honestly, they are probably "spies". Although many of these guys are corporate ass kissers, many of them in my region are my friends and I can tell you with all sincerity, when we have spoken about Union topics NONE of them are for the Union. Why would they? The company treats them like Gods and they get everything they want. If and when they have little screw ups, nothing happens to them. And again, I can say this with all honesty. None of this is made up, or a lie.

I tell them all the time that they are a bunch of spoiled company primadonnas. One of the reasons we get along is, I tell it like it is.

Since it seems like most people are NOT aware, I'll share a bit of info.
Remember the "SCORECARD", well, that all came about because UPPER Management called in the "ELITE" drivers who participate and have had awards at the National Trucking Championships, or TDI's. They also requested the input of various DDI's from several regions. These "Elite" Professional Driversw are some of the BIGGEST Corporate kiss butts!!! NOT ALL OF THEM! But most think they are God's gift to FXF. I have NOTHING against these Drivers wanting to compete and share some of their years of knowledge with the rest of us. I, at one point was going to join the "TEAM", but I saw how much axx kissing was going on and some very high levels of HYPOCRISY. So, I just do my everyday job and go home.

AGAIN, NOT ALL who compete are this way!!! I know some of you will attack me about this post, but you see, I rather speak the truth to make others aware.

Management WILL NOT ask for advice or information to "BETTER" the relations by a bunch of "nobody's". They go to their favorite axx kissers.

And this is the HONEST truth.

I'm not going to "attack". You did say "NOT ALL OF THEM", and that is absolutely correct. Also, I had heard the the "scorecard" was established out of meetings with input from groups of TDC participants, considered "elite". Clearly, they "stepped" in it, to put it mildly. Again, your impression may have merit, as always.

Personally, I appreciate the TDC program. It makes me focus on being better at my profession. Safer, actually, more than anything, but also more informed through study (of the regulations/industry news) for the competition. I also benefit from seeing the "other" side of the company. Those that conduct the internal (FXFE) events. Most of them still seem to "get it", and are saddened by the change in tone and focus of the company. Not all, but most. There are still a lot of TOP SHELF people in Harrison, and elsewhere, who contribute greatly. I also take the opportunity, when appropriate, to speak to those I'd otherwise be unable to speak to. Pat Reed, for example, who I shared my concerns with, seemed sympathetic, and understanding. I won't share his response here, but he understood, or seemed to.

Wish I'd been this year, then I'd know what the sentiment is among the drivers. Yeah, I'd ask. Not campaign, but ask. I do know a couple years ago, few other areas had seen the significant changes that I'd seen. I bet most have now, as evidenced by the movement currently under way.

The suggestion I made, that you quoted, would have the employees determining who went to the (fantasy?) meetings. This would obviously exclude those you speak of (which do exist), and include those willing to speak up. The last thing Logue and Co. need is more input from Yes men. Either way, it's unlikely to ever happen, thus we have what we have now. A struggle to improve a workplace in decline.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's confusing, but could you try and remember which board you are on when cheer leading?

Guardrail

I knew exactlly where I was putting it.
The action has slowed over here. And most has been in the East. Conway just shot from Mexico right to New England.

A vote is approaching and you are right.
It was intended as motivational cheerleading.
Keep th momentum up and let them know others are fighting a similar battle nearby.
I wasnt lost.

Take it back from whom?

Guardrail
The trade is pretty much set by the companies for years now. The pay and bennies are dictated not negotiated. Believe it or not the drivers used to participate in that with their trade union and put it in writing. That contract said what we get paid for what ...

.and all kind of stuff having to do with our trade.

Today they log on the internet or look at a newspaper and are handed a company manual dictating their whole deal to them.

Its really kinda childish.

Todays workers are like children doing chores for parents.
The parents set all pay and discipline.
It didnt used to be that way.
The union contract made the work relationship an adult/adult relationship. American/American.

I've gotten coffee and donuts EVERY time teamsters came by or I went to the union hall. Taking care of your folks, not the phony pretending fdx does. All of a sudden NOW fedex wants to feed us. Thanksgiving, Christmas, nothing.

Yep! Damn near every hub I ran to or VIA'd had a cookout in the past two wks. I think TOL had a cookout two days in a row!

Get over the scorecard bull crap. It is over and done with. A mistake was made and management admitted to the mistake. The problem with the scorecard was that about 50 % of the driver didn't like it and 50 % did, but the 50 % that didn't like it made a stick about it.

dude I just can't get over your member name. it's just flat out cracking me up!:hysterical::hysterical: