FedEx Freight | What have we become?

MAYHEM666

TB Regular
Credits
As I hear it A CGT driver was turned in by one of our own for passing in a construction zone. I spoke to the CGT driver and he said that an ELH driver turned him in to central dispatch on the way to MAU. Are we really that consumed by our own status with the company that we have to do this? The ELH driver had nothing to gain by doing this so WHY! Cant we just get the job done and go home to our families? By the way if this matter becomes an issue it would cost this CGT driver a few days off or more as he has a child on the way and a mortgage to pay! If you have a problem with a fellow associate then take him or her to the side and talk about it, don't be a friggin tattle tale, peoples lives depend on this job!

As I hear it A CGT driver was turned in by one of our own for passing in a construction zone. I spoke to the CGT driver and he said that an ELH driver turned him in to central dispatch on the way to MAU. Are we really that consumed by our own status with the company that we have to do this? The ELH driver had nothing to gain by doing this so WHY! Cant we just get the job done and go home to our families? By the way if this matter becomes an issue it would cost this CGT driver a few days off or more as he has a child on the way and a mortgage to pay! If you have a problem with a fellow associate then take him or her to the side and talk about it, don't be a friggin tattle tale, peoples lives depend on this job!
It's sad to know what people have become this day and age. Jealousy is a sad thing and makes people very ugly!

Yes isn't that nice of the guy.
I guess he better get used to looking
over his shoulder because all it takes
is one wrong move and I'll have to
turn in the little squealer , I hope he
doesn't loose his job. Sounds like
everybody will be watching for his
downfall now.

Have a nice day . / SMOKESTACK
:nutkick:

Ok,,, here ya go,,, First,,, this is not my first time playing this "game"... I was taught by the best many moons ago,,,He was my battery commander,,,, I just didn't think I had to "play that game " again until recently....
A few weeks ago I was "accused" of drinking on the job,,,, because 'somebody' found empty alcoholic containers in the outside trash barrels... Now I realize I'm the only one of 50-60 people here to use the trash cans.... I had to defend myself to a hr person,,from HRO,,, I told them then,, and I'm telling them NOW,,, test me !! Whenever you want ... I don't even drink beer on the weekends anymore... (ya, my blood pressure went down a little).
Obviously,,, I work with people who will make up junk to get someone fired, so they can move up... Yes,, I am pretty sure I know who it was,,, but thats not the point... I will NOT lower myself to that level... I for one have values,,, and self pride in my actions the way I treat other people,,, be it someone I work with,, or letting someone out in traffic...
A coincidence I'm sure,,, is a little city driver here just got a supervisor job at the hub I drive to,,, and a fellow driver is buddies with him... So be it... This is the atmosphere fedex has created... I'll deal with it till I leave.......

I might add,,, IF I'm lucky enough,,, I'll have my 10 yr saftey award (with no write ups) next month.... Driving is alot of luck,,, think about it,,, the safest driver can have someone cross the center line,,, or move into your lane... You can only control so much.....

I might add,,, IF I'm lucky enough,,, I'll have my 10 yr saftey award (with no write ups) next month.... Driving is alot of luck,,, think about it,,,
the safest driver can have someone cross the center line,,, or move into your lane...
You can only control so much.....

Like T-bone of FSM, you know hin 365, going to SHV guy crosses center T moves over as far as he can and catches the bridge and blows a dolly tire, mr tired never stopped, safety tells him its his fault, he should have maintained his lane and hit the guy, I kid you not, T made larry repeat himself in front of a bunch of guys in the breakroom, if anyone knows T he doesn't lie, if he is at fault he will admit it. Unbelievable.

I might add,,, IF I'm lucky enough,,, I'll have my 10 yr saftey award (with no write ups) next month.... Driving is alot of luck,,, think about it,,, the safest driver can have someone cross the center line,,, or move into your lane... You can only control so much.....

Good luck to you my friend you will like the ring it is really nice.

Ok,,, here ya go,,, First,,, this is not my first time playing this "game"... I was taught by the best many moons ago,,,He was my battery commander,,,, I just didn't think I had to "play that game " again until recently....
A few weeks ago I was "accused" of drinking on the job,,,, because 'somebody' found empty alcoholic containers in the outside trash barrels... Now I realize I'm the only one of 50-60 people here to use the trash cans.... I had to defend myself to a hr person,,from HRO,,, I told them then,, and I'm telling them NOW,,, test me !! Whenever you want ... I don't even drink beer on the weekends anymore... (ya, my blood pressure went down a little).
Obviously,,, I work with people who will make up junk to get someone fired, so they can move up... Yes,, I am pretty sure I know who it was,,, but thats not the point... I will NOT lower myself to that level... I for one have values,,, and self pride in my actions the way I treat other people,,, be it someone I work with,, or letting someone out in traffic...
A coincidence I'm sure,,, is a little city driver here just got a supervisor job at the hub I drive to,,, and a fellow driver is buddies with him... So be it... This is the atmosphere fedex has created... I'll deal with it till I leave.......

Do we need to get the pied piper to lure these rats out from among us and lead them away ?

Without knowing the entire story first hand I would just chock it up as rumor and not get too excited.

However, I must say that people's lives depend on this driver doing his job the right way as well. If he actually was driving aggressively in a construction zone then the construction worker's lives depend on him, as well as the mothers, fathers, and kids in the cars around him.

If people are really driving this poorly then they need to be held accountable Would I make the call? Probably not at first, but I would at the very least talk to the other guy about it.

If he was driving next to your family's car what would you do?

roog

well the saftey guy has never been in a truck read it in some book at clown college and uses those books as his bible in his new job as a saftey director doesnt mind him that a man may lose his job over his decsion what they need in saftey is a open minded driver whos been in the trenches look at a report and understand what goes out on the road not just say hit them let the cops figure out what happened there and then the driver has to live with the fact that someone has died in the accident and live with that one for the rest of your life no thanks ill make the choice i make not safteys choice

If You're A Snitch!....kill Yourself!

YEAH, I HEARD ABOUT THAT PUNK *** ELH SNITCH THAT RATTED OUT MY MAN FROM CGT. I RUN THIS SAME LANE EVERY NIGHT WITH THIS SNITCH. I EVEN TALKED WITH HIM ON THE C.B A FEW TIMES. I THOUGHT HE WAS COOL. BUT DEEP DOWN HE HAS EXPOSED HIMSELF AS BEING A HOE FOR BEING A SNITCH. THIS MAN IS 44YRS OLD(THAT'S WHAT THEY SAY) AND IS STILL SNITCHING AS IF HE'S STILL IN GRADE SCHOOL. "DRIVE YOUR OWN TRUCK" IS WHAT WE SAY ON THE C.B...RIGHT! THIS AIN'T A GAME PAHTNA! YOU'RE F*^#$%@ WITH FOLKS LIVELY HOOD. WE'RE OUT THERE EVERY NIGHT TO FEED OUR FAMILIES, PAY BILLS, AND MAINTAIN OUR LIFESTYLES. I WOULD POST HIS TRACTOR # AND EXPOSE HIM BUT I'LL KEEP COOL. I BET OTHER COMPANIES PAST HIS *** UP IN THE CONST. ZONE. I WONDER IF HE CALLED IN ON THEM TOO.....I DOUBT IT!:chairshot:

YEAH, I HEARD ABOUT THAT PUNK *** ELH SNITCH THAT RATTED OUT MY MAN FROM CGT. I RUN THIS SAME LANE EVERY NIGHT WITH THIS SNITCH. I EVEN TALKED WITH HIM ON THE C.B A FEW TIMES. I THOUGHT HE WAS COOL. BUT DEEP DOWN HE HAS EXPOSED HIMSELF AS BEING A HOE FOR BEING A SNITCH. THIS MAN IS 44YRS OLD(THAT'S WHAT THEY SAY) AND IS STILL SNITCHING AS IF HE'S STILL IN GRADE SCHOOL. "DRIVE YOUR OWN TRUCK" IS WHAT WE SAY ON THE C.B...RIGHT! THIS AIN'T A GAME PAHTNA! YOU'RE F*^#$%@ WITH FOLKS LIVELY HOOD. WE'RE OUT THERE EVERY NIGHT TO FEED OUR FAMILIES, PAY BILLS, AND MAINTAIN OUR LIFESTYLES. I WOULD POST HIS TRACTOR # AND EXPOSE HIM BUT I'LL KEEP COOL. I BET OTHER COMPANIES PAST HIS *** UP IN THE CONST. ZONE. I WONDER IF HE CALLED IN ON THEM TOO.....I DOUBT IT!:chairshot:

If the zone had 2 driving lanes then why not pass, the guy that was passed might have been talking on the cell phone and trying to find his smokes going 25 in a 45, I would have passed him too, if he was going the speed limit I would have waited but no one has time for foolishness, I doubt the cgt driver would have risked exposure by passing another fedex unit recklessly, that elh driver was probably mad he got passed, and even madder about it because the cgt driver told him about it. Got to agree with you KK mind your own business, drive your own truck, I would never call in on a fellow driver, I would speak with that driver, we had a driver in TUL that was a problem, followed to close ect. he was spoken to, he was mad, but he straightened up, all without ratting him out.

Snitches....kill Yourself!

YEAH, I HEARD ABOUT THIS ISSUE WITH THAT ELH SNITCH. I RUN THAT SAME LANE AS HE DO. MY MAN THAT HE SNITCHED ON, ME AND HIM ACTUALLY TALKED ON THE C.B WITH THIS DUDE AND THOUGHT HE WAS COOL. BUT I GUESS NOT! THIS AIN'T A GAME PAHTNA'! YOU ****ING WITH FOLKS LIVELYHOOD! WE'RE OUT THERE EVERY NIGHT TO FEED MOUTHS, PAY BILLS, MAINTAIN OUR NORMAL LIFESTYLES. THEY SAY THIS DUDE(THE SNITCH) IS SUPPOSED TO BE 44YRS OLD! A GROWN *** MAN STILL ACTING LIKE A LITTLE BOY! DON'T WORRY ABOUT WHAT ANOTHER DOES. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF! I WOULD POST HIS TRACTOR # BUT IT AIN'T EVEN WORTH IT! HE'S A BUM! THIS IS LIKE ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT PRINCIPLES OF LIFE....."NO SNITCHING ALLOWED!" I BET OTHER COMPANIES PAST HIM UP IN THE CONST. ZONE. I WONDER IF HE SNITCHED ON THEM?.....I DOUBT IT!:chairshot:

So, for instance, lets say you know a guy is unsafe. Say he falls asleep at the wheel , doesnt sleep during the day like he should. Or maybe he is a reckless driver.You know all of this and you know the guy is unsafe. If this guy kills someone, and the investigators come around asking questions, are you going to cover his ***? Lie to investigators? You guys know the snitch, I dont, maybe he is a crybaby. If you know someone is unsafe, it is your duty to tell someone.

So, for instance, lets say you know a guy is unsafe. Say he falls asleep at the wheel , doesnt sleep during the day like he should. Or maybe he is a reckless driver.You know all of this and you know the guy is unsafe. If this guy kills someone, and the investigators come around asking questions, are you going to cover his ***? Lie to investigators? You guys know the snitch, I dont, maybe he is a crybaby. If you know someone is unsafe, it is your duty to tell someone.

Thats a pretty extreme case, if this guy was passing in a zone there were probably 2 lanes going in the same direction, if the guy was under speed passing him is perfectly legal as far as I know, if I see a guy falling asleep at the wheel, my first call would certianly not be to the company, this sounds like a case of an elh driver getting pissed because he was passed, probably not doing what he should, was made to feel stupid, now lets call the hill and hopefully take this guys job away so that way this way I can feel vindicated, who knows none of us knows the circumstances for sure, I have known guys who cry to the hill just because someone passes them whos truck is faster, before my time at fsm a guy almost got a whole bid canceled for everyone just because he made a big deal about kcy trucks being turned up more than his. I wish we knew the exact story, it just sounds like mr. elh is mad about something, I just don't think calling in on a fellow driver is the way to resolve issues.

Sounds like
everybody will be watching for his
downfall now.

Sadly that's what lots of folks working here look forward to, if someone has an issue with someone, these guys sit and hope that one or both get canned so they can move up, and worse they actually delight in the passing of a fellow human being so now they can have a better start time.

I don't wish losing your job on my worst enemy, you don't like me, no problem, just do your job and I'll do mine and we can all live happily ever after. You should see em biting at the bit hoping someone goes.That's how I see it anyways. Guess I was brought up different than most.

The only time I care to see someone lose their job is on their terms, i.e. quit or retired.

FM

Thats a pretty extreme case, if this guy was passing in a zone there were probably 2 lanes going in the same direction, if the guy was under speed passing him is perfectly legal as far as I know, if I see a guy falling asleep at the wheel, my first call would certianly not be to the company, this sounds like a case of an elh driver getting pissed because he was passed, probably not doing what he should, was made to feel stupid, now lets call the hill and hopefully take this guys job away so that way this way I can feel vindicated, who knows none of us knows the circumstances for sure, I have known guys who cry to the hill just because someone passes them whos truck is faster, before my time at fsm a guy almost got a whole bid canceled for everyone just because he made a big deal about kcy trucks being turned up more than his. I wish we knew the exact story, it just sounds like mr. elh is mad about something, I just don't think calling in on a fellow driver is the way to resolve issues.

If there were two lanes and passing was deemed allowed by the DOT overseeing construction, then that is one thing.. If not, then the guy doing the passing was in the wrong.. not the one seen as being a "Snitch"

It's my family out there on the road beside you guys.. My little girl, My parents, my brother and sister.. if you drive unsafe, or wreckless by not following the laws in place, put them in danger, do you expect me to keep my mouth shut?? Sorry Charlie.. I have lost too many relatives and friends to those that think they are above the law when it comes to traffic laws, speeding and drinking! And yes passing in a construction zone applies.. it happens everyday.. if it's a construction site.. maybe it will occur to you that someone will be working there!!!! 5 road workers killed by truck

I know many of you on here, and love some of you like brothers.. but let me make it clear to you all.. If it comes down to safety and lives on the street.. I will turn my own brother in if I feel that he has put the lives of others in danger..

Follow the rules, Abide by the laws.. there is no questioning beyond that.. It's about as cut and dry as cheese and bread.

I admire many of your post.. but really feel that some of you should step back and think about what the heck you are saying here!!!

While I agree with your post GTR the link you referenced was a poor illustration as from what it said he lost his brakes.

FM

.. I will turn my own brother in

I admire many of your post.. but really feel that some of you should step back and think about what the heck you are saying here!!!
.....gtrdone...I just can't believe you have said this....turn your own brother in.....maybe you should be the one to step back and think about what you have said!