FedEx Freight | What have we become?

And its illegal..

It does not take long to fix an overweight trailer... No gate time is worth the price that can be paid.. if attention is set on the trailer while it's loading, there should not be a reason to be overweight after its closed.

It's like I tell my sups.. the amount of time it takes you to fix it, is the same amount of delay that is caused at the scales. We have scales on our yard and use them. You really have to be careful loading trailers now because of the difference in fifth wheel and axle placement between the KW's, volvos and Freightliners.. they all scale different.

anyhow.. I am off topic now.. i will hush
Gtrdone, what is the Max weight that we are allowed to load on a city pup? I was told that it is 24k............... I think that they just pulled this number out of the air.

Thx:smilie_132:

You all are acting like a bunch of 5 year olds. CGT drivers, stop passing when you're not supposed to. ELH drivers, stop sqealing. Simple.

Leave it to a woman to shed clarity, but this issue is what it is, I can only wonder how she would feel if this happened to her, would you be able to feed your family if you were let go for something like this? That's all I'm trying to point out.

Leave it to a woman to shed clarity, but this issue is what it is, I can only wonder how she would feel if this happened to her, would you be able to feed your family if you were let go for something like this? That's all I'm trying to point out.

I've been there, done that. When you're getting paid to do something, you have to contemplate it a little bit more before making certain actions, whether it's driving, something you say/write, or how you load the freight.

Doing something while you're off the clock is one thing, but when you're on it, you have to be aware of what you're doing because it could very well cost your job.

It is what it is.. but I would rather feed my family becuase they were alive and I was working.. then have to live thinking about the family I killed..

I know that did not happen and was not the point of the thread.. but it can happen, just as fast as you can blink..

It's simple.. but yet becoming redundant.. follow the traffic laws in place, be careful, and you never have to worry about a thing.. What if a civilian calls in on you.. is it different than a snitch? or are they in the wrong too?

Ok I made a mistake so I surrender my job and live in the gutter with my family, Gee I'm a pos and dont deserve to work because I made a mistake. You people seem to think ratting on a fellow co-worker is just fine,I bet everyone here is perfect and never did anything wrong behind the wheel EVER! I'll be watching for all of you as well. You all really need to do some soul searching and analyze your priorities in life as you rat out someone for something that has nothing to do with you.

Ok I made a mistake so I surrender my job and live in the gutter with my family Gee I'm a pos and dont deserve to work because I made a mistake. You people seem to think ratting on a fellow co-worker is just fine, I'll be watching for all of you as well. You all really need to do some soul searching and analyze your priorities in life as you rat out someone for something that has nothing to do with you.
Amen. Or maybe they should apply for a Safety Dept. position.

Two rules for living a long life. One, you don't rat on your friends. Two, keep your effen mouth shut.
In other words, have the testicular fortitude to say something to your co-worker about the situation. Not hide behind some supervisors apron, by being a rat. Grow some nads.

Two rules for living a long life. One, you don't rat on your friends. Two, keep your effen mouth shut.
In other words, have the testicular fortitude to say something to your co-worker about the situation. Not hide behind some supervisors apron, by being a rat. Grow some nads.

One rule for living a long life as a truck driver... Drive safe.

Ok I made a mistake so I surrender my job and live in the gutter with my family, Gee I'm a pos and dont deserve to work because I made a mistake. You people seem to think ratting on a fellow co-worker is just fine,I bet everyone here is perfect and never did anything wrong behind the wheel EVER! I'll be watching for all of you as well. You all really need to do some soul searching and analyze your priorities in life as you rat out someone for something that has nothing to do with you.

I was talking about BOTH the CGT driver and the ELH squealer..... :rolleyes1:

The link was in reference to the workers in the construction zone.. not the driver, driving through it.

reference my next post and you will see why I am so firm on this!

I understand, as said I agree with the post just not the link, the other post looks like maybe the bad one that happened last year I believe? Bad news all around.

FM

gtrdone, I respect what you have to say as much as anyone on these boards, I guess what I was driving at was if the cgt guy was so unsafe, why didn't the elh guy call the police? He called central, like central could come out there and light him up...he snitched, my first call would be to the police if lives were in danger, thats not what I was talking about. I have called the police on a drunk driver before along with 2 other drivers, we followed him for 20 or more miles down I-44 in MO. cops never came, they were called 3 times, this guy finally got off an exit thank God. That was my point, I highly doubt the cgt guy would risk such behavior right in front of another Fedex unit unless it was legal to do so, I said it before the elh driver was probably mad, thats why the call to central not to the police, central can do nothing its the one drivers word against the other, the police, if they come, can make a determination at the scene, and my fellow driver better have a death wish before I would do something like call the police on him, especially someone I know, as the elh driver probably knew him, being they run those roads together. I call personality conflict between the two.

I too have called 911 on a few drunk drivers only to have the police NEVER show, makes you wonder huh. Once the 911 gal seemed as though I was bothering her. If your in MO call *55 that goes directly to the highway patrol.

FM

Guys saying to take the driver aside and talk to him watch your step, next thing you know you'll be in the office for harassment.

FM

Guys saying to take the driver aside and talk to him watch your step, next thing you know you'll be in the office for harassment.

FM

i agree with fm.
not to mention if another driver came up to me and gave me a safety lecture i would have two questions to ask him 1.who the f*ck are you?! and 2. why don't you go f*ck your mother?!!

than i would end the conversation real classy by telling him to get the f*ck away from me and mind your own truck j.o.:nutkick:

its funny how stuff gets so blown up around here.....lets all regroup here for one second. the bottom line is that the guy is a snich.there is no reason ever to call central on a fellow driver ever,by doing so you expose yourself for the kind of person you are. word around here spreads very fast so why be hated and make your life at work suck? we all work alot of hours here and hopefully love our jobs. to run a lane with a snich makes our job alot more stressful than it already is.the snich is a moron anyway because i heard that he ratted himself out too....he was speeding!!!!!!!!:hysterical: good luck guys and keeper` rubber side down...:smilie_132:
HELLO!!! i think everybody is caught up in thier storys now....read this!!!!!

This is an interesting thread. I dont think passing in a construction zone warrants a phone call. Talk about a *****. Not even from the same terminal so moving up wasnt on his mind. Thats just chicken ::shit::. But if a guy is habitually unsafe what do you do? I prefer to mind my own business usually but I did run the the bus over a guy once. A few years back at a different employer they had me leading a newbie around for a week. This guy had already had a fender bender and wasnt getting it. In the rolling hills on I71 in KY he was pushing me downhill because he didnt want to lose his momentum. Happened over and over. We were right at 80k and this guy had been driving less than 3 months. I blasted him on the CB and when that didnt stop him I made sure our safety guy knew. I was pissed. I knew this guy wouldnt make it anyway and it was best to do something before he killed someone. A couple weeks later he was let go, and I dont feel sorry.

pathetic

:Poke: its sad to think that another "associate" would call in on somebody for this. Mind your own buisness..........

:Poke: its sad to think that another "associate" would call in on somebody for this. Mind your own buisness..........

No doubt about it! Roundabout you hit it right on the head! No snitching is a principle rule of living! So what if I got passed in the const. zone by one of my very own. It's none of my business! If this driver is a regular for doing this....so what! Let this driver do what this driver does because later on this driver will just suffer the consequences!.eventually!, and won't be driving period!...They'll just learn the hard way! I don't care if it was my enemy who passed me up. So what! I still wouldn't snitch! For someone to lose their job.....sh**!, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy! It's just something you don't do!

No doubt about it! Roundabout you hit it right on the head! No snitching is a principle rule of living! So what if I got passed in the const. zone by one of my very own. It's none of my business! If this driver is a regular for doing this....so what! Let this driver do what this driver does because later on this driver will just suffer the consequences!.eventually!, and won't be driving period!...They'll just learn the hard way! I don't care if it was my enemy who passed me up. So what! I still wouldn't snitch! For someone to lose their job.....sh**!, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy! It's just something you don't do!

YEAH, I HEARD ABOUT THAT PUNK *** ELH SNITCH THAT RATTED OUT MY MAN FROM CGT. I RUN THIS SAME LANE EVERY NIGHT WITH THIS SNITCH. I EVEN TALKED WITH HIM ON THE C.B A FEW TIMES. I THOUGHT HE WAS COOL. BUT DEEP DOWN HE HAS EXPOSED HIMSELF AS BEING A HOE FOR BEING A SNITCH. THIS MAN IS 44YRS OLD(THAT'S WHAT THEY SAY) AND IS STILL SNITCHING AS IF HE'S STILL IN GRADE SCHOOL. "DRIVE YOUR OWN TRUCK" IS WHAT WE SAY ON THE C.B...RIGHT! THIS AIN'T A GAME PAHTNA! YOU'RE F*^#$%@ WITH FOLKS LIVELY HOOD. WE'RE OUT THERE EVERY NIGHT TO FEED OUR FAMILIES, PAY BILLS, AND MAINTAIN OUR LIFESTYLES. I WOULD POST HIS TRACTOR # AND EXPOSE HIM BUT I'LL KEEP COOL. I BET OTHER COMPANIES PAST HIS *** UP IN THE CONST. ZONE. I WONDER IF HE CALLED IN ON THEM TOO.....I DOUBT IT!:chairshot:
I will for you. PARTIME from Elmhurst IL. AKA rat. He sounds like he would fit in real well at Con-way.