FedEx Freight | What have we become?

While I agree with your post GTR the link you referenced was a poor illustration as from what it said he lost his brakes.

FM

The link was in reference to the workers in the construction zone.. not the driver, driving through it.

reference my next post and you will see why I am so firm on this!

.....gtrdone...I just can't believe you have said this....turn your own brother in.....maybe you should be the one to step back and think about what you have said!

SlackDragon.. When it comes to peoples lives.. yes i would.. As a manager in this company I have witnessed some horrific things. I have had to be there with families when tragedy strikes! It's not about being a snitch, and I am not one to snitch, but if you have endangered the lives of the public by being careless and stupid, then you should be held accountable.

Here, this is my main reason.. and woke me up last year.. Ignoring the signs of construction, not paying attention, and speeding.. It's not exactly passing in a construction zone.. but the outcome could be the same.

It took me a month to sleep after spending the day on the scene of this one!

IMG_5460.jpg

So, I will not step back and think.. I stand my ground!

nobody was hurt and there was no accident in this case so why go out of your way to snitch.if there was an accident or someone was hurt absolutly speak up. rat just for the sake of ratting thats bs.thats what mngmt wants to see keep us at each others throats and we won't notice all the poop falling from above.

work smart drivers BAND TOGETHER we are on the same team!!!

I have called on driver's from other companies but I only do this in the case of what I feel is extreme displays of driver negligence. When I have seen our drivers driving this way I take it up with them one on one. I drive faster than some and slower than others so I only talk to drivers in cases where I thought they were really driving over their head and this is done out of concern for them and their families. Moving up in the batting order is something that occurs naturally when the time is right.

nobody was hurt and there was no accident in this case so why go out of your way to snitch.if there was an accident or someone was hurt absolutly speak up. rat just for the sake of ratting thats bs.thats what mngmt wants to see keep us at each others throats and we won't notice all the poop falling from above.

Why would you wait until someone was hurt?? If you saw someone being wreckless to the point they could be putting someone in danger.. why?

The next time could be your wife and little kids...

I am not a snitch by no means.. but there are those out there that drive on the edge, and scare me.. they are wound up too tight and care nothing other than how fast they can get where they are going..

Why would you wait until someone was hurt?? If you saw someone being wreckless to the point they could be putting someone in danger.. why?

The next time could be your wife and little kids...

I am not a snitch by no means.. but there are those out there that drive on the edge, and scare me.. they are wound up too tight and care nothing other than how fast they can get where they are going..

i guess i have faith in my fellow driver what may look reckless to someone else may not be.if we passed a guy how fast was the other guy going?were is lane changes smooth?were there 2 lanes?sometimes when traffic is moving slower it looks like we are going faster than what we are.

here's food for thought the guys who normally drive aggresive and do stupid sht on the roads do it in the yard too.why don't the red shirts say something to them than and keep the from going on the street if they are that wreckless.oh wait i know you don't want them to not make there gate.

i guess i have faith in my fellow driver what may look reckless to someone else may not be.if we passed a guy how fast was the other guy going?were is lane changes smooth?were there 2 lanes?sometimes when traffic is moving slower it looks like we are going faster than what we are.

here's food for thought the guys who normally drive aggresive and do stupid sht on the roads do it in the yard too.why don't the red shirts say something to them than and keep the from going on the street if they are that wreckless.oh wait i know you don't want them to not make there gate.

Trust me I stop them.. I talk to them.. It has nothing to do with making a gate.. get your mind out of the gutter.. I think you know what I am talking about.. If I see someone that is endangering lives on the road.. I will speak up...

Yes, maybe you have faith in your fellow drivers.. I can understand that.. but I also think that either you are not getting my point.. or you are so anti-management right now, you dont want to hear my point.

It's not about FedEx, its not about any company.. It's about lives.. I have a personal reason to why I stand by it.. some of you know..

You can't bring back a life after someone takes it.. Pay attention, be safe, and abide by the laws.. I am not trying to start a debate here.. i am trying to make a point.. but I guess some are too hardheaded to see it!

Trust me I stop them.. I talk to them.. It has nothing to do with making a gate.. get your mind out of the gutter.. I think you know what I am talking about.. If I see someone that is endangering lives on the road.. I will speak up...

Yes, maybe you have faith in your fellow drivers.. I can understand that.. but I also think that either you are not getting my point.. or you are so anti-management right now, you dont want to hear my point.

It's not about FedEx, its not about any company.. It's about lives.. I have a personal reason to why I stand by it.. some of you know..

You can't bring back a life after someone takes it.. Pay attention, be safe, and abide by the laws.. I am not trying to start a debate here.. i am trying to make a point.. but I guess some are too hardheaded to see it!
How true.....

I suppose snitching should work both ways then.
For example if a driver gets reprimanded for one drivers word against his, then supervisors should get reprimanded as well for asking drivers to drive over-weight when the driver complains about being asked to do so. As it is right now all the supervisors and those above them say about being overweight is don't worry FEDEX will pay the ticket, WTF is that??..I'd like to know why supervisors can and do ask drivers every day to run overweight loads...hell that can kill someone just as easy as this described incident.

I suppose snitching should work both ways then.
For example if a driver gets reprimanded for one drivers word against his, then supervisors should get reprimanded as well for asking drivers to drive over-weight when the driver complains about being asked to do so. As it is right now all the supervisors and those above them say about being overweight is don't worry FEDEX will pay the ticket, WTF is that??..I'd like to know why supervisors can and do ask drivers every day to run overweight loads...hell that can kill someone just as easy as this described incident.

And its illegal..

It does not take long to fix an overweight trailer... No gate time is worth the price that can be paid.. if attention is set on the trailer while it's loading, there should not be a reason to be overweight after its closed.

It's like I tell my sups.. the amount of time it takes you to fix it, is the same amount of delay that is caused at the scales. We have scales on our yard and use them. You really have to be careful loading trailers now because of the difference in fifth wheel and axle placement between the KW's, volvos and Freightliners.. they all scale different.

anyhow.. I am off topic now.. i will hush

What goes around comes around lesson......At Yellow in STL a few years ago we had 2 drivers fired pending investigation for accidents. We knew that both would get their jobs back and they both did. In the meantime though a new young kid walked in one night and in front of about 5 senior drivers asked the #2 Company boss of linehaul when they were gonna take those 2 fired guys names off the seniority list so he could move up. The boss looked shocked and didn't even answer him. He asked 2 more times until one of the senior guys informed him that if he ever asked that question again he'd be trying to put his face back in it's original order. Being the Steward all of this info came to me early the next morning. Both the senior man and the new guy called me the next day and I told the new guy that any one of us including him could have an accident at any time and asked how he'd feel if the guys below him were rooting for him to lose his job and not be able to provide for his new baby. Only then did he begin to see my point. About 6 months later this new guy rolled a set getting on to I-24 off of southbound I-57. This was a little over 2 years ago and the guy has all kinds of problems since. Not that that's a good thing but it goes to show that sometimes when somebody wishes or causes bad to happen to anybody else that it can turn around to bite him one day too.

gtrdone, I respect what you have to say as much as anyone on these boards, I guess what I was driving at was if the cgt guy was so unsafe, why didn't the elh guy call the police? He called central, like central could come out there and light him up...he snitched, my first call would be to the police if lives were in danger, thats not what I was talking about. I have called the police on a drunk driver before along with 2 other drivers, we followed him for 20 or more miles down I-44 in MO. cops never came, they were called 3 times, this guy finally got off an exit thank God. That was my point, I highly doubt the cgt guy would risk such behavior right in front of another Fedex unit unless it was legal to do so, I said it before the elh driver was probably mad, thats why the call to central not to the police, central can do nothing its the one drivers word against the other, the police, if they come, can make a determination at the scene, and my fellow driver better have a death wish before I would do something like call the police on him, especially someone I know, as the elh driver probably knew him, being they run those roads together. I call personality conflict between the two.

its funny how stuff gets so blown up around here.....lets all regroup here for one second. the bottom line is that the guy is a snich.there is no reason ever to call central on a fellow driver ever,by doing so you expose yourself for the kind of person you are. word around here spreads very fast so why be hated and make your life at work suck? we all work alot of hours here and hopefully love our jobs. to run a lane with a snich makes our job alot more stressful than it already is.the snich is a moron anyway because i heard that he ratted himself out too....he was speeding!!!!!!!!:hysterical: good luck guys and keeper` rubber side down...:smilie_132:

As I hear it A CGT driver was turned in by one of our own for passing in a construction zone. I spoke to the CGT driver and he said that an ELH driver turned him in to central dispatch on the way to MAU. Are we really that consumed by our own status with the company that we have to do this? The ELH driver had nothing to gain by doing this so WHY! Cant we just get the job done and go home to our families? By the way if this matter becomes an issue it would cost this CGT driver a few days off or more as he has a child on the way and a mortgage to pay! If you have a problem with a fellow associate then take him or her to the side and talk about it, don't be a friggin tattle tale, peoples lives depend on this job!

I dont know any circumstances of this nor do I know any of the people involved but it seems to me that passing in a construction zone is dangerous. What if this guy had a bad accident then what would his expecting wife and kids do ? We need to truck safe out there and not take foolish risks. So someone snitched on this guy, maybe he will think twice before doing something unsafe again and hurting himself or others.

What goes around comes around lesson......At Yellow in STL a few years ago we had 2 drivers fired pending investigation for accidents. We knew that both would get their jobs back and they both did. In the meantime though a new young kid walked in one night and in front of about 5 senior drivers asked the #2 Company boss of linehaul when they were gonna take those 2 fired guys names off the seniority list so he could move up. The boss looked shocked and didn't even answer him. He asked 2 more times until one of the senior guys informed him that if he ever asked that question again he'd be trying to put his face back in it's original order. Being the Steward all of this info came to me early the next morning. Both the senior man and the new guy called me the next day and I told the new guy that any one of us including him could have an accident at any time and asked how he'd feel if the guys below him were rooting for him to lose his job and not be able to provide for his new baby. Only then did he begin to see my point. About 6 months later this new guy rolled a set getting on to I-24 off of southbound I-57. This was a little over 2 years ago and the guy has all kinds of problems since. Not that that's a good thing but it goes to show that sometimes when somebody wishes or causes bad to happen to anybody else that it can turn around to bite him one day too.

So you're point is unions will keep unsafe drivers employed and on the road. :1036316054:

So you're point is unions will keep unsafe drivers employed and on the road.
Actually it was both of the drivers first accidents at Yellow. One had over 21 years safe and was involved in a very minor accident......the other was more serious but no injuries at all and was his 1st in 16 years......a one vehicle wreck. I wouldn't call either of them an unsafe driver. The guy who wanted them fired had less than a year at Yellow and only wanted to move up in seniority.....very small minded. My point is that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones and at some time or another we all make mistakes out there. I'm sure that the snitch isn't the world's best driver and makes mistakes too.....maybe poetic justice will prevail and someone will turn him in at some point too.

The way I see it, if I see someone drive in an unsafe manner and then learn later on that they were involved in a fatality accident whether it be that day or weeks/months later, I would be just as responsible and the blood would on my conscience. Poor drivers give me and the rest of the industry a bad reputation, I am not willing to be in that situation.

I've spoken with drivers doing stupid things and I've talked to hostlers about similar issues for various reasons. Only after a one on one attempt to resolve a problem would it escalate to something further, up to and including a talk with a supervisor if necessary. It is my responsibility to take safety seriously.

Now this specific incident is a lot of hearsay and speculation from 3rd parties, so I can't comment on it specifically because I don't know what happened and it doesn't seem that anyone else does either.

roog

Again I spoke with the CGT driver in question and the construction zone in question is fully open with normal lanes and the only work being done is on the shoulders. Was he balls out? Maybe, he won't say but none the less ratting out a fellow co-worker is a low blow and really a nasty thing to do to someone who has no impact on you or anything to do with your existence in this company. It seems this may be a carry over incident from something else. All of the posts I see here make me wonder just how far my fellow associates will go to better themselves. How many of you will rat someone else out to make yourself better? As I see it quite a few, really sad that many of you feel it's your own personal responsibility to police every one else instead of paying attention to what you are doing. You all make me sad.

You all are acting like a bunch of 5 year olds. CGT drivers, stop passing when you're not supposed to. ELH drivers, stop sqealing. Simple.