FedEx Freight | What have we become?

I never , never , never , text , talk on my cell or drink a beer in a construction zone while pulling triples but doubles are a different story .

Dude you are on crack !

Close.. liquid crack (Corn version, From the Hills of North Wilksboro) And sleep deprivation will make you do things like this!

My question would be this..

Is it not safer to talk on a Cell Phone using a Blue Tooth device through a construction zone, than it is to talk on the CB? Because we all know it happens everyday.

Regardless, since neither party are here to give their versions of the story, and the story has been narrated by a third party. Would it be safe to say that since neither party is here to defend themselves, the horse is about to die!

As with anything else there is always opposite opinions. We will debate whether one is a snitch or not, and both sides feel they are right.. while in the meantime create friction between ourselves doing so.

Is it not also safe to say that a moral should be brought forth.. Be cautious when in a construction zone.. Know your surroundings, stay within the law, observe your speed, and understand that every trip out in that 80k # rocket could be your last if you do not respect it and the others on the road? (that was one long sentence!)

The way I see it, either way, a hostle enviroment is created between the two now. If the differences are not settled, then both could lose their jobs for something totally different than the actions stated below! It's a lose-lose situation either way!

FamilyMan.. May I rent your avatar?

at our sc, we have a woman driver on light duty. our scm has her sitting by the gate watching trailers come in and writing down if they are locked or not.

this driver has been here less than 6 months, and he's using her to "spy" on other drivers. not a real good position for him to put her in.

a couple of drivers called hr to see if this was ok, and since she's still out there, it must be just fine with them.

what a sad company we have become

Dude what is wrong with that ? Rules are rules, I keep my lock locked so it doesnt bother me in the least. If you dont abide by the rules I guess you will face the consequences. As for the driver that was turned in for passing in a construction zone, that is just dumb. He is lucky he didnt hurt anyone, I have seen some bad accidents happen because of drivers not paying attention to construction zones.

waaaaaaa a driver passed me in a construction zone
waaaaaaaaaaaaa i'm bored and love drama let me call in some one
waaaaaaaaa nobody likes me
waaaaaaaaa

sob sob cry wimper waaaaaaaaaaaa

sometimes i wish i could have gtrs job just to hear the nonsense drivers do or say to each other.

if gtr was smart he would take all of his storys the drivers cry to him and make a joke book out of them and would never have to work again.of course i would have to get a cut for my creative idea in witch i already trademarked so don't try to leave me out!

at our sc, we have a woman driver on light duty. our scm has her sitting by the gate watching trailers come in and writing down if they are locked or not.

this driver has been here less than 6 months, and he's using her to "spy" on other drivers. not a real good position for him to put her in.

a couple of drivers called hr to see if this was ok, and since she's still out there, it must be just fine with them.

what a sad company we have become

If the snapshot team rolls in at my center (un-announced as policy) and perform a snapshot... If one trailer on my yard is unlocked, I fail that section of the snapshot. You know what happens if I fail too many sections of the snapshot??
I LOSE MY JOB!!! I like all the guys at my center, as most of them seem to like me.. But, do you think any of them are going to give their jobs up for me?? It's called policy.. It was founded and set up by Sheridon Garrison as part of the six business principles.. You may have heard of them.. as they are still in place.

Accountability is not bad.. If you have children and they go to school, you expect that someone is going to hold them accountable to follow the rules. If you put your money in the bank, you expect that someone is going to be held accountable to maintain the security over your money... etc.. etc.. etc..

Sometimes I wish some of you would think before you typed.. Because after reading some of the post here.. there are a couple of you that should get a shoe out of the closet and stick it on your keyboard.. (Since there is no talking here)

Locking trailers (loaded or mty) is part of our security measures that keep outsiders and dis-honest insiders from stealing from us.. If every trailer is locked.. then a thief will not know right off hand what is loaded and what is mty. It's a common practice that many companies use, and have used for a long time.

I am glad that she is getting some hours while out on workers comp.. Sounds like it's better than painting poles..

waaaaaaa a driver passed me in a construction zone
waaaaaaaaaaaaa i'm bored and love drama let me call in some one
waaaaaaaaa nobody likes me
waaaaaaaaa

sob sob cry wimper waaaaaaaaaaaa

sometimes i wish i could have gtrs job just to hear the nonsense drivers do or say to each other.

if gtr was smart he would take all of his storys the drivers cry to him and make a joke book out of them and would never have to work again.of course i would have to get a cut for my creative idea in witch i already trademarked so don't try to leave me out!

Actually I'm going to make a book of people's excuses to call out of work.. Best one yet.. Man calls me, says that he has not had sex in a very long time and his wife is finally giving in.. he was not coming to work...

Honesty is the best answer.. This was at Con-way.. I gave it to him as EXCUSED! :smilie_132:

gtrdne..... I agree we need to keep trailers locked......BUT...putting a new driver at the gate to snitch is JUST WRONG.....for one they need to fit in.....by carring a snitch tag they will not make it here...(that comes under take care of our people)...also I don't know how many times I have picked up a trailer at a dark center or one with out a shop...and 60 seconds is long enough to work on a lock ...then move on...these new locks are JUNK ...little ones big ones....give me a master...they work!!!....and the the shop says we don't have any.....so when I come through the gate I get snitched on..... I expect the company that I work for to understand this...don't you?

We have alot of children working here at FedEx. It is time for all to grow up and be men and women be professional do your job to the best of your ability and mind your own business just do your job. There is more back stabbing since FedEx took over because that is what they want. They do not want you to have freinds here the more we fight among ouerselves the more they like it. Children will never see this when they grow up they will see how they are being used. Let's stick together and be a real team.

As I hear it A CGT driver was turned in by one of our own for passing in a construction zone. I spoke to the CGT driver and he said that an ELH driver turned him in to central dispatch on the way to MAU. Are we really that consumed by our own status with the company that we have to do this? The ELH driver had nothing to gain by doing this so WHY! Cant we just get the job done and go home to our families? By the way if this matter becomes an issue it would cost this CGT driver a few days off or more as he has a child on the way and a mortgage to pay! If you have a problem with a fellow associate then take him or her to the side and talk about it, don't be a friggin tattle tale, peoples lives depend on this job!

I see a idiot passing in a construction area. Ya I get the truck number or trl number he or she is getting thier tales turned in as soon as possible. If this idiot is careless enough to make a pass in such a area then he will be most likely really careless in other area's. The only person that matters on the road is him, well if turning in that careless of a driver in saves someone who just happens to get in his way then good. Bad accidents happen all the time in construction zones so really I just don't care about the driver.The construction area's aren't so long that you just can't slow down for every one's safety on the road:smilie_132:

I see a idiot passing in a construction area. Ya I get the truck number or trl number he or she is getting thier tales turned in as soon as possible. If this idiot is careless enough to make a pass in such a area then he will be most likely really careless in other area's. The only person that matters on the road is him, well if turning in that careless of a driver in saves someone who just happens to get in his way then good. Bad accidents happen all the time in construction zones so really I just don't care about the driver.The construction area's aren't so long that you just can't slow down for every one's safety on the road:smilie_132:
If there are 2 lanes going the same direction a person has every right to pass, usually zones like that are not being worked very heavy, do you call in on everyone that passes you on the highway and is going over speed? Just because there are barriers doesn't mean its unsafe to pass, remember there are 2 lanes, if you called in on me my boss would ask, did you jump the cones to pass? I would say no there were 2 lanes running the same direction, he would then write you off as another pissed off motorist, bottom line is mind your own business, what goes around comes around.

If there are 2 lanes going the same direction a person has every right to pass, usually zones like that are not being worked very heavy, do you call in on everyone that passes you on the highway and is going over speed? Just because there are barriers doesn't mean its unsafe to pass, remember there are 2 lanes, if you called in on me my boss would ask, did you jump the cones to pass? I would say no there were 2 lanes running the same direction, he would then write you off as another pissed off motorist, bottom line is mind your own business, what goes around comes around.

If a driver passes me in a NO PASSING ZONE in a construction area putting me at risk. Every time:chairshot: . Now if it is LEGAL to pass fine get on it and go, no problem. Do I do everything right hell no but I try not to put anyone else at RISK we all got a family to go home to at the end of the trip. Oh by the way some got more and great them but I just did clear million miles I don't need idiots like that being around me in trucks its bad enough we have all over in cars:TR10driving03:

Two lanes running the same direction well duh, I don't care what ya do. Its in the NO PASSING ZONES One lane each way now that I had to spell it out for ya

If a driver passes me in a NO PASSING ZONE in a construction area putting me at risk. Every time:chairshot: .
Now if it is LEGAL to pass fine get on it and go,
no problem. Do I do everything right hell no but I try not to put anyone else at RISK we all got a family to go home to at the end of the trip. Oh by the way some got more and great them but I just did clear million miles I don't need idiots like that being around me in trucks its bad enough we have all over in cars:TR10driving03:

Thats what I was driving at MR, I have only been driving 16 years, (I say only because there are guys on here that have twice that) anyhow in that time I have never had anyone pass me and jump the cones to do it, it all started when the elh driver snitched the cgt driver out for passing, I figure there were 2 forward lanes making it legal to pass, I understand completely what you are saying though, I was talking about the pass being legal in the zone and the elh driver being mad about it, someone said the call in had something to do with past problems between the 2.