FedEx Freight | What have we become?

Construction and Passing and Squealing

Go ahead and stick up for yourselves! I'm sick and tired of all the construction workers,state troopers, and broke down truckers getting hit and killed by all of you morons that think you can do what the hell you want! If you get wrote up for doing something stupid in constuction zones, then you deserve it. Face the facts and the music. We stick out like sore thumbs and people will call in on us. So DO NOT give them a reason to call. I don't care if it takes you 5 extra min. It's worth it to save a life or your family's life. Now get yous heads out of your asses and be a professional!!!!!

Go ahead and stick up for yourselves! I'm sick and tired of all the construction workers,state troopers, and broke down truckers getting hit and killed by all of you morons that think you can do what the hell you want! If you get wrote up for doing something stupid in constuction zones, then you deserve it. Face the facts and the music. We stick out like sore thumbs and people will call in on us. So DO NOT give them a reason to call. I don't care if it takes you 5 extra min. It's worth it to save a life or your family's life. Now get yous heads out of your asses and be a professional!!!!!

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: PPPPlllllllleeeezzzzzzzzzzz Try not to be so self righteous in your 3rd post please, no one is talking about killing troopers or truckdrivers, its about snitching on your co-workers because your mad about it.

Continuing

No, YOU get real! It's all about SAFETY you idiot! I've been ratted on 23 years ago for being stupid. What I did could have killed me and a few other people. Yes I deserved what I got and took it like a man. So don't tell me about self righteousness. If I do something stupid, please call in on me. If I see you do something stupid, yes, I will call in on you. I call it cleaning up on ourselves. You can call it what you want. Think real serious about it before you try to rip me again. Have a nice day.

I know your new here but you might want to read the rules before you post again, remember no one likes a snitch, don't do stupid things that could get you killed, oh, I never told you to get real, I called you self righteous and I'm not interested in what happened in your past that caused you to become a snitch.:1036316054: :biglaugh: :hysterical:

gtrdne..... I agree we need to keep trailers locked......BUT...putting a new driver at the gate to snitch is JUST WRONG.....for one they need to fit in.....by carring a snitch tag they will not make it here...(that comes under take care of our people)...also I don't know how many times I have picked up a trailer at a dark center or one with out a shop...and 60 seconds is long enough to work on a lock ...then move on...these new locks are JUNK ...little ones big ones....give me a master...they work!!!....and the the shop says we don't have any.....so when I come through the gate I get snitched on..... I expect the company that I work for to understand this...don't you?

"Putting a driver at the gate to Snitch"???

Has is not occured to any of you that when someone is on workers comp, we must find them something to do? If the center is having a problem with trailers being being unlocked, and noone is at the gate to check and find out where it's coming fomr.. then yes.. lets put someone there to find out where, when and how and get it fixed...

It's not exactly how you guys are thinking of it... When I am doing a false snapshot to prepare.. I will send a driver out to check all of the tractors on my yard to see what is unlocked. He will then give me a list. It's not snitching, it's compliance.

Guys, Please.. step outside of your box for one second.. get the schoolyard mentality out of your heads and think.

My job is to run efficient and be 100% compliant.. I cannot do that by myself.. It takes everyone at my center. Therefore I will involve everyone at my center everyday to stay compliant.

Look, now I am off topic.. dang ya'll

"Putting a driver at the gate to Snitch"???

Has is not occured to any of you that when someone is on workers comp, we must find them something to do? If the center is having a problem with trailers being being unlocked, and noone is at the gate to check and find out where it's coming fomr.. then yes.. lets put someone there to find out where, when and how and get it fixed...

It's not exactly how you guys are thinking of it... When I am doing a false snapshot to prepare.. I will send a driver out to check all of the tractors on my yard to see what is unlocked. He will then give me a list. It's not snitching, it's compliance.

Guys, Please.. step outside of your box for one second.. get the schoolyard mentality out of your heads and think.

My job is to run efficient and be 100% compliant.. I cannot do that by myself.. It takes everyone at my center. Therefore I will involve everyone at my center everyday to stay compliant.

Look, now I am off topic.. dang ya'll

gtrdone, I agree with 99% of what you have to say but I don't on this, a driver should never be put in that position, it could hurt them with their fellow workers, I have never worked anywhere that the majority of people didn't like me but I have seen those that have and they didn't last very long, it must have been miserable for them, bottom line, have the hurt worker paint poles but don't put them in that position, that sort of thing should be done by mgmt., I was told one time to go out in the yard and find out who was in their tractor and report back, I refused, I told the supervisor (hub) that I would not put myself in that position and if I were forced to I could assure him that there would be no one in their tractor, I guess he got the message and got someone else to do it for all I know.

Cont.

True, no one likes a snitch. There is a big difference between a snitch(which you and I are not)and someone who is concerned about safety. Calling in a drunk driver(maybe a co-worker)is that snitching, or concern? Calling in an aggressive driver(again, maybe a co-worker) is that snitching or concern? Again, think before you rip!

True, no one likes a snitch. There is a big difference between a snitch(which you and I are not)and someone who is concerned about safety. Calling in a drunk driver(maybe a co-worker)is that snitching, or concern? Calling in an aggressive driver(again, maybe a co-worker) is that snitching or concern? Again, think before you rip!

If you call that ripping...I couldn't possibly rip you, the rules don't allow me to properly do that, if you read the thread (please do) you will discover that this was between an elh and cgt driver passing in what I would consider a zone with 2 lanes going, lets say east for sake of argument, passing in that situation would be perfectly legal. I have called in on a drunk driver, 3 of us did, 20 miles worth of calling, no cops ever showed, thats not what this is about, heck mabey it is and I missed something along the way...lol

gtrdone, I agree with 99% of what you have to say but I don't on this, a driver should never be put in that position, it could hurt them with their fellow workers, I have never worked anywhere that the majority of people didn't like me but I have seen those that have and they didn't last very long, it must have been miserable for them, bottom line, have the hurt worker paint poles but don't put them in that position, that sort of thing should be done by mgmt., I was told one time to go out in the yard and find out who was in their tractor and report back, I refused, I told the supervisor (hub) that I would not put myself in that position and if I were forced to I could assure him that there would be no one in their tractor, I guess he got the message and got someone else to do it for all I know.

It's not about being a "Driver"

It's about getting everyone at your center on the same "TEAM" We are diversified, we are working for a company that was founded by a man that used "Everyone" to make things happen...

Many of those on here have forgot about that and those days.. They have put it apon them selves to seperate each department as an enemy to the other..

It's not about agreeing with me.. It's how it is. I have two eyes.. I can only focus them on one thing at a time. As a manager, its my job to utilize my resources to stay within the rules set fourth for the center I run.

It's not about being a "Driver"

It's about getting everyone at your center on the same "TEAM" We are deiversified, we are working for a company that was founded by a man that used "Everyone" to make things happen...

Many of those on here have forgot about that and those days.. They have put it apon them selves to seperate each department as an enemy to the other..

It's not about agreeing with me.. It's how it is. I have two eyes.. I can only focus them on one thing at a time. As a manager, its my job to utilize my resources to stay within the rules set fourth for the center I run.

I understand that gtrdone, but to involve a driver in reporting back to mgmt. about non-compliance could get that driver in a less than favorable light with their fellow employees, thats the very reason I wouldn't do what that supervisor told me to do, I understand where you are coming from but it could really hurt an employee, if they get branded, its a very hard thing to get away from. I guess if push came to shove I would rather ride a bus back then participate in reporting back on my fellow associates, I would take my chances with an appeal, if I ever got the brand of a snitch I probably wouldn't last long anyway, besides, there are plenty of people willing to do that work because they think it will get them somewhere with you guys, we call them suck a$$es, they don't care what they look like and undoubtedly have no mirrors installed in their homes, I say that because I couldn't look myself in the mirror if I acted like that, but thats just me.

I understand that gtrdone, but to involve a driver in reporting back to mgmt. about non-compliance could get that driver in a less than favorable light with their fellow employees, thats the very reason I wouldn't do what that supervisor told me to do, I understand where you are coming from but it could really hurt an employee, if they get branded, its a very hard thing to get away from. I guess if push came to shove I would rather ride a bus back then participate in reporting back on my fellow associates, I would take my chances with an appeal, if I ever got the brand of a snitch I probably wouldn't last long anyway, besides, there are plenty of people willing to do that work because they think it will get them somewhere with you guys, we call them suck a$$es, they don't care what they look like and undoubtedly have no mirrors installed in their homes, I say that because I couldn't look myself in the mirror if I acted like that, but thats just me.

I don't think I will debate this one anymore, because nobody wants to "get" it.. This is not kindergarten.. You are all grown adults. But, yet everyone is worried what the other thinks about him/her.

I have a job to do, as a manager, my job is to delegate and empower EVERY employee that I have. If I have employees that do not want to be part of my "Team" because they have a problem with another employee.. the three of us, or how ever many have a problem will sit down together in the conference room until we firgure out a solution.

I dont' have time at mork for petty childish playground games.. My job depends on being compliant.. Both in a company aspect, and DOT/Osha. If, I do not do as I am hired to do.. I lose my job.

In the companies eyes.. we don't see "Snitching".. we see Policy. Either you are compliant... or you are not.. If you are not.. Then YOU are the one in the wrong, not the person helping to stay compliant..

I will leave it at that, because my post are becoming redundant.. I am tired of typing the same thing.. over and over and over

One last thing.. We are here debating "Snitching"

some of you seem to think it's wrong...

Stand in a Breakroom before or after a shift and listen to all of you doing it... everyday.. telling on your fellow drivers to the other drivers...

Pot... Kettle..... Black......

I know your new here but you might want to read the rules before you post again, remember no one likes a snitch, don't do stupid things that could get you killed, oh, I never told you to get real, I called you self righteous and I'm not interested in what happened in your past that caused you to become a snitch.:1036316054: :biglaugh: :hysterical:

Well said!: :hysterical:

I don't think I will debate this one anymore, because nobody wants to "get" it.. This is not kindergarten.. You are all grown adults. But, yet everyone is worried what the other thinks about him/her.

I have a job to do, as a manager, my job is to delegate and empower EVERY employee that I have. If I have employees that do not want to be part of my "Team" because they have a problem with another employee.. the three of us, or how ever many have a problem will sit down together in the conference room until we firgure out a solution.

I dont' have time at mork for petty childish playground games.. My job depends on being compliant.. Both in a company aspect, and DOT/Osha. If, I do not do as I am hired to do.. I lose my job.

In the companies eyes.. we don't see "Snitching".. we see Policy. Either you are compliant... or you are not.. If you are not.. Then YOU are the one in the wrong, not the person helping to stay compliant..

I will leave it at that, because my post are becoming redundant.. I am tired of typing the same thing.. over and over and over

Ok I understand and respect that, just let me say this, the companies eyes won't matter much to the guy that gets branded, thats just the way it is, it will never change, every time mgmt. asks an employee to do things against their peers that mgr is setting them up for a potential fall, you see things from a mgmt. prospective, I see things from an employee perspective, regardless of how you think things should be they are much different, people expect mgmt. to enforce compliance, they don't expect their peers to assist mgmt.. I'm not trying to get the last word here I just want to make my point, I really wish you could see it, the next guy you ask to rat out one of his co-workers, enforce compliance, whatever you want to call it, could be the next guy that gets a brand he can't shake and winds up quitting because he can't take the ridicule. Thats the way it is, like it or not.

One last thing.. We are here debating "Snitching"

some of you seem to think it's wrong...

Stand in a Breakroom before or after a shift and listen to all of you doing it... everyday.. telling on your fellow drivers to the other drivers...

Pot... Kettle..... Black......

I try not to say anything about anyone that I wouldn't want them to hear me say right in front of them, I don't like when people talk behind my back, I have excused myself from many conversations that were going that direction, either way its different, one driver to another is easier to swollow than one driver to a member of mgmt. just my .02, and yes I know thats all its worth, if that.

Ok I understand and respect that, just let me say this, the companies eyes won't matter much to the guy that gets branded, thats just the way it is, it will never change, every time mgmt. asks an employee to do things against their peers that mgr is setting them up for a potential fall, you see things from a mgmt. prospective, I see things from an employee perspective, regardless of how you think things should be they are much different, people expect mgmt. to enforce compliance, they don't expect their peers to assist mgmt.. I'm not trying to get the last word here I just want to make my point, I really wish you could see it, the next guy you ask to rat out one of his co-workers, enforce compliance, whatever you want to call it, could be the next guy that gets a brand he can't shake and winds up quitting because he can't take the ridicule. Thats the way it is, like it or not.

I see things from a managment perspective.. and I also see things from an adult perspective. People are worried about being branded.. My life is at home.. It's not at work. I will do my job at work to the best of my ability to satisfy MYSELF. I will not let anyone else put my job in jeorpardy. I will treat everyone there fair across the board. I don't brand those that have enough pride in their work and center to help make it better.. I also will not hold someone accountable on someone elses word..

someone robs a store and you know the suspect.. You gonna keep it a secret because you scared of him branding you?

It's called honesty. It makes the difference between a real man, and a man that has a fear of being judged. I was raised with my nose in a Bible.. I know right from wrong.. I also know the policies and will uphold them. Ask anyone that works for me.. I am not seen as a bad guy for doing the right thing!

I see things from a managment perspective.. and I also see things from an adult perspective. People are worried about being branded.. My life is at home.. It's not at work. I will do my job at work to the best of my ability to satisfy MYSELF. I will not let anyone else put my job in jeorpardy. I will treat everyone there fair across the board. I don't brand those that have enough pride in their work and center to help make it better.. I also will not hold someone accountable on someone elses word..

someone robs a store and you know the suspect.. You gonna keep it a secret because you scared of him branding you?

It's called honesty. It makes the difference between a real man, and a man that has a fear of being judged. I was raised with my nose in a Bible.. I know right from wrong.. I also know the policies and will uphold them. Ask anyone that works for me..
I am not seen as a bad guy for doing the right thing!
Of course your not, I would love to work for you, just don't ask me to do something I consider out of line, your mgmt., you are expected to enforce policy, another driver is not, as far as your job being in jeorpardy, I won't let anyone do that to me either, hence the reason for not participating in mgmts. job duties, if you have ever seen the treatment that a snitch gets, its a wonder they can last at all. I guess thats why mgmt. gives so many perks to a kiss a$$, it makes coming to work more bearable, and weathering the ridicule that they have to endure, not saying thats how you operate, I have a feeling you don't reward that kind of behavior, most of the supervisors that turn their back on a suck up and don't give them the time of day are the ones that usually get the most respect. the scm of okc is one of them, I would walk barefoot on broken glass for that man.

Just a general reminder guys, I know this is a touchy subject for some but please read and abide by the rules.:deal:

Attack the subject not the poster.

Thanks
FM

gtrdone, if you were to put me out by the gate to act as "compliance officer", instead of running back to you with my list of "bad boys" to be spanked on the wrist that day, I would probably tell ecah one the make sure that the lock is properly latched. That there is a push for compliance.

If the pattern is set and the habit is established then locking the lock becomes second nature. The same is true about driving habits. Set the pattern from the beginning.

:USA: