Whats For Supper?

That bowl kinda looks like my wife's white chili...I'll have to dig that recipe up, I really like white chili...not as much heartburn..lol

Dianna made goolash, man it was sooooo good, thanks to Miss Dust I have been making my own re-fried beans and eating burritos for lunch, I know its so much better for me than the fast food version or re-fried beans in the can, plus, much like Subway, I never get tired of bean burritos, another plus is it is keeping me regular like a mofo! I knew ya'll wanted to hear that, thats why I included it!!

Dianna made goolash, man it was sooooo good, thanks to Miss Dust I have been making my own re-fried beans and eating burritos for lunch, I know its so much better for me than the fast food version or re-fried beans in the can, plus, much like Subway, I never get tired of bean burritos, another plus is it is keeping me regular like a mofo! I knew ya'll wanted to hear that, thats why I included it!!
You can cook a large kettle of beans and drain the soup off and freeze the beans in quart size freezer bags. When you want burritos, just thaw out a bag and mash them. Beans freeze very well and thaw out easily.

No one's eaten for 16 days? Wow.

I whipped up a batch of Beef Strogenoff (sp?) for the Christmas gig I've been attending for some 35 years. It's an easy yet tasty entree. Since I worked Friday I had to wing this process a little and it worked out OK.
Ingredients:
4 cans Campbell's mushroom soup
2 pints sour cream
3 Tbs thyme
some salt
2lbs beef cubes
12 Oz mushrooms

Thursday night I mixed the sour cream, mushroom soup, thyme and salt in a crockpot and stuck it in the 'fridge (I did this to make for less work in the AM before work). I cut up the beef cubes to bite sized pieces and marinated them in beef broth. I quartered most of the 'shrooms. The bigger ones I cut into sixes (bite size pieces but they shrink when cooked).

Friday AM I sauteed the 'shrooms in about a tablespoon of butter on medium heat-lid off. I cook them until a bit of water comes out of them and they turn a darker color, not too long and add them to the crockpot when done.
I braised the beef cubes in olive oil on medium-high heat and let the water evaporate to a thick sauce-lid off. I use a cast iron frying pan and did about four batches on the braising. As the beef was done I added it to the crockpot and I poured the glaze out of the frying pan into the crockpot each batch.
Then I got my trusty intermatic timer and plugged the crockpot in through it. Set it to come on low at noon and for safety to go off at 7PM in the event the Grinch made me work 'til cows came home.
Got home about 6:30 and all was done but the crockpot was full to the rim and I needed to add noodles yet.
I cooked noodles, took half of the stew out of the crockpot and added noodles to the proportions I like, added back more stew to fill pot and get mix with noodles right.
Most of the pot full got eaten so it must have been OK. I like it so I thought it was great.

Snow Cream
1497777_10202737882952090_1364875839_n.jpg

1472727_10202737882792086_1328933793_n.jpg

I love the snow, always did, always will. Of course I'll keep myself set up so removing it is easy for me.

Had about 6" here Friday morning.

Been raining off and on since Friday afternoon, but there is still plenty around.

I wish it would snow or rain here in New Mexico.

I've been across Albuquerque on 40 when it has been snowing. In fact several times, snow from Texas to Arizona on 40.

No fun.

Here is a shot of the river behind my house on Christmas day a few years ago.

8380330203_f1582834a9_b.jpg