FedEx Freight | what's the verdict in cgt

What makes you think a union guy doesnt have a 401k? Or an IRA? Not having to contribute to his health care or pension, leaves more disposable income than a non union driver
How many teamster represented companies have a company provided pension and a company matched 401K?
That leaves us the disposable income to pay for our healthcare.

One question keeps coming to mind for me. While we all may have opinions on any company at any given time, Understandably. But why would a person, with no vested interest in that company, devote and dedicate so much time into the future of that company, no matter what side of the fence you are on? Can anyone come with a plausible, legitimate explanation as to why one would spend months on end to try and steer someone in their direction, in a company they don't work at? Or maybe, if they feel they can make it so much better in their own beliefs, maybe they should go to fedex.com, careers, and apply, and make their efforts worth something .

One question keeps coming to mind for me. While we all may have opinions on any company at any given time, Understandably. But why would a person, with no vested interest in that company, devote and dedicate so much time into the future of that company, no matter what side of the fence you are on? Can anyone come with a plausible, legitimate explanation as to why one would spend months on end to try and steer someone in their direction, in a company they don't work at? Or maybe, if they feel they can make it so much better in their own beliefs, maybe they should go to fedex.com, careers, and apply, and make their efforts worth something .
I'm assuming this post is aimed at those on BOTH sides of the fence?

Specifically as to those opposed to union. I should of clarified that better. Why would someone who does not work here, be so opposed to us forming a union, when they have nothing to gain, nothing to loose, but devote countless hours of their time???

Specifically as to those opposed to union. I should of clarified that better. Why would someone who does not work here, be so opposed to us forming a union, when they have nothing to gain, nothing to loose, but devote countless hours of their time???
Couldn't the same be said for those who don't work here that are for the union?
Why would those that don't work here be so adamantly for us joining their union when they have nothing to lose and nothing to.....oh wait, that's it, they must have something to gain. What's their angle? Why is ok for them, because they have something to gain?
What's good for the goose is good for the gander...no?

Flip it around, why would someone who doesn't work there spend so much time pushing the union?

So glad to hear that your both so happy with your lives.
I sure hope you enjoy what those before you did so you could freeload off their labors.
Seeing as how I started basically when the doors opened at my center, I AM included in the ones that paved the way for others to freeload off of...kinda like those union cheerleaders who've been here five years, others just over a year!

How many teamster represented companies have a company provided pension and a company matched 401K?
That leaves us the disposable income to pay for our healthcare.

That stellar retirement plan you tout? A low ball pension from what I have been reading on these boards. Real nice if you want to cover the household utilities in your golden years. Where does you company fit into the scheme of things Red? Is it top tier compensation? Here are some comparisons of 401K plans.

http://money.usnews.com/money/retir.../01/how-to-tell-if-you-have-a-lousy-401k-plan

Here is an example of a hybrid plan.
https://www.expertplan.com/articles/a090500.jsp