Who is at your barn?

cityman

TB Lurker
Credits
Curious about what happened to the old CF barns around the country. I worked at three different terminals. The Buffalo NY terminal is now home to Conway Freight,Orlando,and Ft. Lauderdale Florida are now occupied by Central Transport. Whats going on at the terminal where you worked?

Curious about what happened to the old CF barns around the country. I worked at three different terminals. The Buffalo NY terminal is now home to Conway Freight,Orlando,and Ft. Lauderdale Florida are now occupied by Central Transport. Whats going on at the terminal where you worked?

I didn't work for CF, but I can tell you what happened to the Chicago terminals.
The terminal that was at 71st and Harlem is now a Chicago soccor stadium, there's no evidence of a terminal ever being there now.
I know CW Transport was in there for the longest time before CF.
CF had another little terminal down the street from that one on 73rd St. off of Sayre Av. FedEx Ground took over that terminal for a drop yard. They took the fence down that seperated the two and tore the terminal building and docks down just to make a trailer drop yard out of it. Again no evidence of a terminal, just a big FedEx Grd terminal now.

ABF has been in the Kansas City terminal for a couple of years now. They also moved into the one in Ft. Collins, Co. Which was probably only a couple of years old. The old CF terminal in Cheyenne still sits empty. Viking, Midwest Motor Express, and Conway have all used it at one point or another. But, a truck driving school just uses the parking lot now.

UPSF and Mergantahler (MTS Freight) are in the Spokane Breakbulk yard now. The tractor and trailer repair shops are used by Fleet Painting Co.
Lots of remnants of CF sitting around as storage sheds and being pulled under new names such as Oak Harbor Freight Lines.

baltimore was torn down. (that was a blessing!) both docks for a steel company. york,pa is still there but looks like the contractor that bought it is going to level it. The shop at ykp is leased to a crane company. Oh con-way in m&d dock at ykp.

A flatbed company bought the CF terminal in Erie Pa, think it is Dunlap Trucking. They leased out the docks to a welding company, and now to a trucking company called Speed. They still have a couple old CF trailers there. It is old and outdated, not much good to anyone unless you pull pups. The one side of the docks were short, it would be hard to put 53 footers in all of the doors.

The old barn in Richfield, (circa 1954 Motor Cargo) is still empty. Old sign out front says "Welcome To Richfield"! Central Transport affiliated company Crown Enterprises bought the barn a couple of years ago and was going to sell it to YRC. YRC was supposed to tear it down and build a new Roadway Express terminal there. Plans apparently fell through due to zoning regulations changing, and business levels falling off. Looks like Crown Enterprises is left holding the bag! A lot of old memories from 1954 to 2002 at CF/Richfield, Ohio terminal!

Des Moines, IA on 17th St. is currently being used by Standard Forwarding Co. and in Milwaukee, WI on Layton Ave. one of the two is being used by Old Dominion Freight Lines. I remember the old Slinger, WI terminal but havn't been past there in forever.

The CF terminal in Indy was a great terminal. Old Dominion and PJax are occupying now. It is sad not to see the CF yard when you drive by!

The CF terminal in Indy was a great terminal. Old Dominion and PJax are occupying now. It is sad not to see the CF yard when you drive by!

Whats up cfin? havent seen you on the boards in a while. Last time i talked to you you were looking for a job. Hows it going?

Hi trucker4cf! How are you? Sorry, haven't been on in awhile! Just started a new job today at Ceva Logistics...whats new with you?

Hi trucker4cf! How are you? Sorry, haven't been on in awhile! Just started a new job today at Ceva Logistics...whats new with you?

still at FedEx in Baltimore. Hanging in there, the place is always busy. We are short about 20 drivers!! congrats on new job. Sure would be nice to gt out of the ltl bus. Let me know how the logistics side works for ya.