Yellow | Why are they giving all our newer 53' trailers to Holland?

holland yrcf newpenn, nobodys buys anything with the profits we make, its all leased, tractors, trailers, forklifts.profits are spent on upper manegment salarys and bounus and i guess whats left pays off some debt. its like living life with a credit card,as long as your working u can cover minium monthly payments and life goes on. just like us we still have half decent jobs and medical, with a iffy pension deal. . far cry from what we did at npme 22 yrs ago. holland im sure feels the same way. i guess in the end we all got to keep doing our jobs so yrcw can keep makeing the credit card payments . and hopefully it will last for many of us to retire.

holland yrcf newpenn, nobodys buys anything with the profits we make, its all leased, tractors, trailers, forklifts.profits are spent on upper manegment salarys and bounus and i guess whats left pays off some debt. its like living life with a credit card,as long as your working u can cover minium monthly payments and life goes on. just like us we still have half decent jobs and medical, with a iffy pension deal. . far cry from what we did at npme 22 yrs ago. holland im sure feels the same way. i guess in the end we all got to keep doing our jobs so yrcw can keep makeing the credit card payments . and hopefully it will last for many of us to retire.
I guess that is a really good way to look at it. Not too much different is it?

I heard the Holland guys can't figure out the hookin two trailers together thing:bananag:

Might take some practice to get my rusty skills up to date, but at CF I used to pull up a set with the dock and back the rear in a door every single day. But hey, just keep thinking you guys invented trucking, it will help you go to sleep at night.

After all isn't that what YRC really wants, to gently rock you to sleep while they gradually take away your money, rights, pride, dignity . . .

Might take some practice to get my rusty skills up to date, but at CF I used to pull up a set with the dock and back the rear in a door every single day. But hey, just keep thinking you guys invented trucking, it will help you go to sleep at night.

After all isn't that what YRC really wants, to gently rock you to sleep while they gradually take away your money, rights, pride, dignity . . .

As opposed to what CF did to its employees? :hide:

As opposed to what CF did to its employees? :hide:

There is something to be said of the instantaneous severance of the cord that binds us. Separates the 'doers' from the 'talkers!'

I don't what you are talking about. ...I still have my pride and dignity. ..cf was the best job I ever had. ..fellow employees weren't back stabbers either.

Hmm, let me see if I understand this situation.

CF basically screwed all their unionized employees by abruptly and suddenly shutting down their unionized operation and replacing it with a totally non-unionized operation. I realize they did this over a number of years and in a well thought out (for them) way but in a nutshell that's exactly what they did.

YRCW on the other hand found itself in a very precarious financial situation (of their own making I agree) and they ASKED their unionized employees to take concessions in order to continue operating as a unionized carrier in an attempt to survive for the long run.

But YRCW is the bad guy of the two companies? I sure must be living in an upside down world. I'm wondering if some folks are suffering from "battered wife syndrome".

Last edited:
I have moved on. I am not a bitter old man that lives in the past. Yrcw was the cause of the shut down of the Holland terminal in my area... yes it was a good job also. These job loses are out of my control. . If you can not except my opinion so be it.

I have moved on. I am not a bitter old man that lives in the past. Yrcw was the cause of the shut down of the Holland terminal in my area... yes it was a good job also. These job loses are out of my control. . If you can not except my opinion so be it.

My post was a response to your post where you said you didn't know what I was talking about. Your opinion is as valid as anyone's opinion. That's why they're called "opinions". As far as "facts" go, that's a different issue. Glad you're not a bitter old man. Neither am I. In fact I don't even consider myself "old". :friendly wink:

Where I work we all back sets into parking spots. But we don't have chains on our converters- we've got cables!!!! Safer, saves time too. Keeps the dollies straight...
:6817: I thought he said he pulled up to the dock and put that bad boy up to it every single day:bowdown:
So does making the converter rigid count as backing a set up to the dock/parking spot ?

I heard that we do in a limited capacity. Not like we used to.53' e just bought over 300 48ft trailers and they do not have pintle hooks.
If you look at the registration papers.It will read that YRC nor any other subsidiary of YRCW owns those new 53'trailers.Does not own.They are leased through BSE leasing in Baltimore Md.Financed through Sun Trust Bank in Delaware.This bank just started doing business with YRCW towards the end of last year2014.Sun Trust Bank has had some legal problems filed upon them several times.Kind of a shady company.

:6817: I thought he said he pulled up to the dock and put that bad boy up to it every single day:bowdown:
So does making the converter rigid count as backing a set up to the dock/parking spot ?
Its still backing a set into a hole. Takes me a while. But I work with guys who can do it in one or two pull ups. Maybe you aren't impressed, but I am.

If you look at the registration papers.It will read that YRC nor any other subsidiary of YRCW owns those new 53'trailers.Does not own.They are leased through BSE leasing in Baltimore Md.Financed through Sun Trust Bank in Delaware.This bank just started doing business with YRCW towards the end of last year2014.Sun Trust Bank has had some legal problems filed upon them several times.Kind of a shady company.
Sun Trust is a holding company owned by Barkley's Cayman Bank Services$$$$

Yellow Corp owned 600 of Preston's trailers and our Richfield terminal. Preston folded, Yellow took those over, slapped Yellow signs over the Preston ones, and on they went. Same happened with tractor orders between Holland and Yellow. A lot of Yellow twinscrews are Holland orange. The order was diverted. Nothing unusual.

I don't what you are talking about. ...I still have my pride and dignity. ..cf was the best job I ever had. ..fellow employees weren't back stabbers either.

And for some reasons some the YRC guys just can't see why that's a problem.

I had a friend that worked at CF in Richfield, then went to Yellow. He told me the back stabbing is so bad, guys will sit silent in the breakroom not talking to each other.