FedEx Freight | Will be Union before long.

How much does the company contribute to your 401k? Do they match up to a certain amount? I don't work for FedEx, was just wondering. The Teamsters do offer a 401k plan besides the pension but the company will make no contributions, it's solely up to the employee to contribute. It's a good way to supplement your pension, defer taxes, and the account is yours, the Teamsters can't touch it, it's managed by Prudential.
Yea they contribute not sure what is any more.

Some of yall are very short sighted. Its not as simple as "Ok, now we are union give me my $30hr, massive pension, and vacation"

Why do you think Unions are, and have been foaming at the mouth to sink their teeth into fedex?

Is it because they simply "are here to protect the working man"?
Right.

All I hear on here, is complaining about overpaid goons at the top. So, what? Content with trading one group of overpaid goons for another?

Id highly advise anyone wanting a union to do some real research, and see, historically, where your $ ends up.

Any money given to candidates by the Teamsters is derived from their Drive Fund, contributions are voluntary. I was a Teamster for 37 years and never gave a penny to drive, they always seemed to support democrats who turned around and stabbed us in the back. Regarding mrpostman's comment on a discount on health insurance, health insurance is provided at no cost. Just trying to set the record straight.
I gave a dollar a month to Drive for years. Seemed to me if I'm going to be in a union I might as well support them. Plus I got a free hat.

Some of yall are very short sighted. Its not as simple as "Ok, now we are union give me my $30hr, massive pension, and vacation"

Why do you think Unions are, and have been foaming at the mouth to sink their teeth into fedex?

Right.

All I hear on here, is complaining about overpaid goons at the top. So, what? Content with trading one group of overpaid goons for another?

Id highly advise anyone wanting a union to do some real research, and see, historically, where your $ ends up.

Actually, the Teamsters of today is a much leaner operation than it used to be. Dues go for salaries, union halls, administrative and so on, health and welfare contributions go directly to health insurance and pension. Any purchased political influence is financed by the suckers that donate to Drive, it's voluntary. Perfect? No. Better than the days when the pensions were a slush fund for organized crime? Yes. Some of the pension funds are on shaky ground but could be strenghtened quite quickly with an influx of members. That's the stark reality, no spin.

I'm sure FXF pays well, is that because they're nice people or just competing with the union contract? what would they offer and how would they treat you if there was no union contract to set the standard? An LTL freight barn should at least offer a non traditional 401k, an hourly rate for 40 hours a week would go into your account weather you contribute or not. would never work for my employer if it was a non union shop.

Why is it I am payed the same as Estes and Conway when ol d and upsf are making 6 more CPM and 3 dollars more....because od got union scares and upsf is union hmmmm. Wait who has the highest revenue in the us for lt?oh wait who has to worry about getting fired for making a mistake like grabbing a gear by the tongue cuz it has no handles.....hahhaha fedex that's who

Right.

They are foaming at the mouth to sink their teeth into Fedex? Hardly,they don't even try to organize us. I have never even had a rank and file Teamster personally approach me.

They are foaming at the mouth to sink their teeth into Fedex? Hardly,they don't even try to organize us. I have never even had a rank and file Teamster personally approach me.
Look what it took for the Teamsters Union to organize Overnite.

no RC, not fearful at all. just saying they wouldn't take it laying down and would prob be a disaster. I would welcome it anymore, what the hell, why not anymore.

Why the Teamsters can't organize FXF. The answer is really simple. Trucking companies are under the National Labor Relations Act. Fedex is under the Railway labor Act. The rules for organization under the RLA are not the same as the NLRA Look it up.

You don't OWN your pension the union does.There is no guarantee that when it comes time to retire you will have a pension. Give me my 401K anytime.

The union does not own the Pension for UPSF. The union only negotiates and protects our pension through a union contract. The pension is a company paid pension through UPS.