FedEx Freight | Will be Union before long.

Why the Teamsters can't organize FXF. The answer is really simple. Trucking companies are under the National Labor Relations Act. Fedex is under the Railway labor Act. The rules for organization under the RLA are not the same as the NLRA Look it up.

Freight division does not fall into this...

Freight division does not fall into this...

Unfortunately I think it does and since we under the Fedex Corp. umbrella we are organized under the airline clause, exemption or whatever loophole someone carved out 70 years ago. If you remember UPS went to congress a few years ago to twist some arms to get the law changed so we would have the same labor cost as them ( cough cough) I mean to make it a better workplace for us.

http://www.civilrights.org/publications/fedex-rla-loophole/why-fedex-express-rla.html

From the teamsters...

FedEx Express truck drivers are the only drivers in the nation's package delivery industry covered under the Railway Labor Act, instead of being properly governed by the National Labor Relations Act.

http://www.teamsterslocal988.org/mobile/index.cfm?zone=/unionactive/view_page.cfm&page=Organizing

From FedEx's own release...

Like UPS, FedEx Ground and FedEx Freight are covered by the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA). The FedEx Express integrated air and ground network differentiates it from FedEx Ground and FedEx Freight. The fact that FedEx Express is a separate and distinct network for air shipments is what separates FedEx Express from UPS

I can't figure out how to post a link to a PDF from my phone, but Google "FedEx Freight RLA" and the FedEx released PDF comes up about 4 of 5 links down.

Guardrail

Last edited by a moderator:
What's new? It's not like it's a big secret the GOP hates Unions and workers rights. Why do you think Fred donates to, and votes Republican?

Same thing at Big E love the GOP over here, and where does that get you..ROB Estes loves the GOP. They were all excited when YRC was supposed to go out of buisness, and god help this industry when Big E takes over.

Some of yall are very short sighted. Its not as simple as "Ok, now we are union give me my $30hr, massive pension, and vacation"

Why do you think Unions are, and have been foaming at the mouth to sink their teeth into fedex?

Is it because they simply "are here to protect the working man"?
Right.

All I hear on here, is complaining about overpaid goons at the top. So, what? Content with trading one group of overpaid goons for another?

Id highly advise anyone wanting a union to do some real research, and see, historically, where your $ ends up.
AMEN brother the union is not a cure all. Just go to the YRC forum. It's nothing more than whinnying cry baby fest. All they cry about is upper management and what they get paid. Go get a degree and get it to management. HELLO your a TRUCK DRIVER. Your NEVER going to make the kind of money that upper management makes period. Back 08 when everything went to Crap FXF stared at the top with pay cuts and lay offs in upper and middle management and work there way down. We the drivers never took a pay cut. Yes they cut 401K match and any Bonus we may have gotten. Is FXF the best company out there probably not. But in 35 years of driving a truck I sure as H-E-L-L have worked for worse a lot worse. I personally will never vote to bring the union in. The union is not going to look out for me or my well being. They just want my money. If the Unions are so Great why are they a dieing breed? Let whining begin.

Why the Teamsters can't organize FXF. The answer is really simple. Trucking companies are under the National Labor Relations Act. Fedex is under the Railway labor Act. The rules for organization under the RLA are not the same as the NLRA Look it up.

Fedex freight does not fall under that Railway labor Act. If you don't want to organize then why would they try ? Call your local teamsters union hall they will talk. They can't follow you around and spy on you just like the company can't spy on you for meeting with the teamsters.

Unions today only serve whatever party benefits them the best. That in mind, I am not giving up a cent of my pay just to help Hillary secure the next election.

Regardless if a union can help FxF, this is where your money goes. If you dont believe that, you are a FOOL.

After Obama the union may be switching to the republican party... :biglaugh:

It's real simple gentlemen. If we all contact our local organizer and demand representation we will get our vote. Bitching on Truckinboards doesn't get us organized. It takes a lot of hard work and determination. Call your Local ask for their organizer. Not sure who to call? Ask a Union driver. You want a Union, or the very least a vote, put in the effort. **** or get off the pot. Get the cards signed. Hold a weekend meeting. I'm not saying go all Norma Rae, but put some effort in

You remember this old news of Fred strong arming Congress over Express? How many campaign contributions for their help?

When Big E takes over what?

Not a problem, the trucking industry did a good job getting the union out of the industry. So there really shouldn't be any complaints as the wages continue to go down and the healthcare continues to go up.

Our part of the healthcare we pay dropped 10%. We have the highest wages in the freight industry. Does the union have their problems, sure they do. But the pay and benefits they got us at UPSF far out way

the $62.00 a month I pay in dues. Also we are protected by a 5 year contract. Nonunion companies can cut wages and benefits at any time. Just my input hope you don't mind...

Below is a partial listing of Teamsters-represented companies that have gone out of business. Try telling all these folks how great the Teamsters are............NOT

COMPANY
APPROX # OF
EMPLOYEES

1 P.I.E. Nationwide

2 Consolidated Freightways

3 McLean Trucking Co.

4 American Freight System

5 Spector Redball

6 Maislin Transport

7 Hall's Motor Transit

8 Interstate Motor Freight

9 Preston Trucking