TForce | Winter has arrived/PA. charging drivers for snow on roofs.

Well hay I guess every terminal is different in what a TM will try to get their workers to do.

Legal to turn down a snow,and ice covered trailer no question.
However I still say you as a worker are a lot better off having a steward in your corner.
Maybe just my opinion?

You know AP I never been in this type of country where the snow is that big of a problem. But reading what you guys go through. I would have no problem turning down a load with ice and snow on the roof. We have snow running up in the north west. But I don't ever remember it getting like what you guys go through. You are giving good solid advice.

Another report of ice through a windshield from a semi has surfaced,this time in PA.,no injuries this time thank God.
The trucker was not charged.
On Rt. 33, ice from truck trailer smashes windshield of car behind it - themorningcall.com

I'll keep you posted,unless you would like me to keep these fallen ice reports off of here.

What about the ice build up under the trailers? I have seen big chunks fall off them from the under side.And that will build up while driving.

Are not most ice chunks under the trailers caught by the mud flaps as it breaks off?

Well I have seen some big chunks maybe 50 pounds or more in the road that broke off a trailer.I don't think they would go through a windsheild but think about a small car hitting it.