ABF | Wow! People. This isn't 1978

Well, ill choose QUALIFIED opinions on this matter.
If I'm sick I go to an MD not "the dude at the register at revco"
My dispatchers are college grads.
One doesn't go to a 4 year university
Just to give bad advice to the people he is responsible for.

I agree with you 068man, if the company wants to extract Hoffa, Johnson, Sweeton, and your head out of their butt, they shouldn't go to the dentist, they should go to a proctologist. If you have anymore important questions about freight, ask a accountant, they'll never lie to you.

well, if youre gonna vote no, just quit. i have spoken.

You're not a driver. You're another management planted here. "Don't vote no just quit" we had yellow management blabbing the same bs at us when we were voting too. You're probably the dispatcher you are talking about.

I agree with you 068man, if the company wants to extract Hoffa, Johnson, Sweeton, and your head out of their butt, they shouldn't go to the dentist, they should go to a proctologist. If you have anymore important questions about freight, ask a accountant, they'll never lie to you.

Weathermen go to college for 4 years too and most couldn't predict a sunrise. But they know how to use a green screen and that's what counts.

endorsed by the international this contract will pass 2 to 1 regardless of all the no voters on here. most of the guys will be talking trash but are gutless to actually vote no on their bread and butter. besdes there has never been a contract voted down in the history of the nmfa, and eveyone i spoke to never voted yes on those either.

It isn't 2008 either & that's where my salary would be rolling back too. btw I have a 4 year degree from the Boston College & the Jesuits taught me critical thinking & to ask questions & not take things at face value . it also taught me which side of the window to work for in the transportation industry which was the wicked smartest decision I ever made. 33 years teamster proud

endorsed by the international this contract will pass 2 to 1 regardless of all the no voters on here. most of the guys will be talking trash but are gutless to actually vote no on their bread and butter. besdes there has never been a contract voted down in the history of the nmfa, and eveyone i spoke to never voted yes on those either.
What about the giveback vote....

I think 068man is really stoney. He is blogging..yep, it's really stoney at the local library. He is even replying to 068man to throw everyone off track. Read the posts...company is great...we should vote yes ...dispatchers are smart and wise....you guys are just greedy...if you don't vote yes then we will all be out of a job... yep, it's really stoney.....I'm still voting no.

I think 068man is really stoney. He is blogging..yep, it's really stoney at the local library. He is even replying to 068man to throw everyone off track. Read the posts...company is great...we should vote yes ...dispatchers are smart and wise....you guys are just greedy...if you don't vote yes then we will all be out of a job... yep, it's really stoney.....I'm still voting no.

Why would I do that?

ABF is our workhorse.
Our horse has had a bad leg. 2 yrs ago, we voted NOT
To help our horse. (When ABF asked us for a pay cut)
(However, my local DID vote to help 55 to 3, so I can't blame all of us)

Now,our horse is down ON THE GROUND and we have a choice. We can nurse her back to health or she will
Stay down till eaten by wolves, and we will have no horse nomore.
(Again,ABF is the horse in my parable,here )
Times have changed, and even with these concessions ,its still a better job than anything. Within
75 miles of me.
We are all in this together and we all need
A strong,loyal,loving workhorse.

I voted yes at YRC, and i sure am sorry i did. I don't believe for one second, that ABF is in trouble. If you vote yes, they will only ask for more....trust me.

You have spoken? Who are you? God?

I know right??? LMFAO he is a hoot.

He's like my dispatcher said this is a good deal.
Oh yea dispatchers never lie.

My old dispatchers screen saver was the lie he repeated the most
" should be there anytime now"

Huh! Well, my business agent says we need to support this AND EVERY dispatcher at my terminal says that we should support it in order for abf to be comfortable.
They control the freight,and I think that if we help them,they'll help us.
My dispatchers are professional load coordinators with knowledge and I value
Their advice.

So....you and your "NO voter"buddies
Are just wrong. And selfish.

The key is highlighted in red. Nobody thinks ABF is in the same condition as YRCF. And this TA is an attempt to keep ABF from going where YRCF is now. MONEY PEOPLE MAKING OPERATIONAL DECISIONS!

In my opinion, we're all being suckered. You don't give a company a 5 year contract if they're claiming financial troubles. Internal financial troubles have nothing to do with the economy, and everything to do with mis-management. You negotiate a one year or two year agreement,...see if they're turning around. A short agreement helps both sides. There's no such thing as "buying labor peace" with a longer agreement,....our last contract is proof of that when they asked us to re-negotiate two years into it. Don't repeat past errors. ABF is not negotiating for financial troubles now,......they are negotiating for a cheap and captive workforce 5 years into the future....contractually locked. Drivers' wages will go up,...it's inevitable,....and ABF wants to be the cheapest player in about 3 years with a locked-in workforce,....they'll be the rate-cutters, then, as non-Union carriers scramble to raise wages to keep drivers leaving and keep turnover rates low. A 5 year agreement is your first tip off, guys. No financially troubled company negotiates for 5 years, and no Union so-called "negotiator" locks in the membership for 5 years when the economy is on the verge of heating up. Read the Teamsters' own talking points. They recognize trucking has an older workforce than any other occupation,....and no apprentice program to bring in new drivers. Open the papers and see how bad the Truckload carriers are screaming for drivers.......they can't get them. As the economy gradually gets better,.....entry-level trucking is no longer the only option for laid-off people.....this is happening now. A coming driver shortage will drive pay sky high.......and we'll have voted ourselves into indentured servitude for 5 years. VOTE NO!