ABF | Wow! People. This isn't 1978

if they were in as much trouble as they say they are they wouldn't be paying out record dividends to their stock holders so far this year ... just sayin.

endorsed by the international this contract will pass 2 to 1 regardless of all the no voters on here. most of the guys will be talking trash but are gutless to actually vote no on their bread and butter. besdes there has never been a contract voted down in the history of the nmfa, and eveyone i spoke to never voted yes on those either.

A contract was voted down in '94 but with catastrophic consequence. I'm not sure this will pass any more. It's not so much ABF is struggling but able to pay Judy a big raise and purchase Panther. It's not so much it took the union 2 months past the contract expiration to reach a TA. It seems illogical that one could still see a no vote as a victory and a return to the status quo. The no voters want to remain the highest rightest baddest paid drivers and dock in the industry.

They won't vote for any kind of concessions under any circumstance. No way they stoop to YRC level.

ABF is demanding concessions simply because they can, simply because YRC teamsters have concessions. It's not greed. ABF has money for everything except labor costs. Labor costs aren't everything it's the only thing:coffee1:

well, if youre gonna vote no, just quit. i have spoken.
This knothead is no more a driver than I am the pope. I have been to Hooterville(068) many times. When the dispatcher isnt doing yardwork hes sitting on the computer trying to amuse himself. outside of calling out a few dispatches there is nothing for him to do.NO CITY OPERATION JUST A RELAY and not a big one.
Pretty amusing posts when you think about it. I was waiting for him to say take that back or ill tell my dispatcher. Besides the dispatcher is probably the only one in town that has access to a computer and the company owns it.

Well, ill choose QUALIFIED opinions on this matter.
If I'm sick I go to an MD not "the dude at the register at revco"
My dispatchers are college grads.
One doesn't go to a 4 year university
Just to give bad advice to the people he is responsible for.

IS THIS GUY FOR REAL! I thought his first post was sarcasm. People become dispatchers because they can't do anything else