XPO | XCO Trying to Organize

would you support a union at con way

• yes

Votes: 98 68.1%
  • no

Votes: 46 31.9%

• Total voters
UPSF did go union and yes we did get union dues. There are a few things we didn't get also. We did not get our pay cut. We did not get vacation time cut. We did not get our pension messed with or lose any sick days. There are a few other things we got in addition to union dues such as a raise evey six months just like the contract calls for. We also now have a decent greivance process that we didn't have before we started paying dues. I'm an old Overnite man and was never for the union and am still not crazy about it ,but they have not been the big boogey men that they had always been portrayed to be.

Yes and your owned by a company that has 10x the revenue that conway did last year. There's no way we can compete with that.

I for one dont believe conway will have any union..although..if it ever happened in any region...they wouldnt be able to just shut down the operation. The negative ripple effects would cripple the company... The problem lies at the fact that the company has really changed the last couple of years..i got out while the getting was good..all employess with over 10 years know what i'm talkn about... Reason always starts at the top ...when jerry left..it all went down hill.

If anything.......Con-way better acknowledge they are being assaulted by a group of people brought in to replace people like me.........a bunch of layed off teamsters from 2008 and on. Con-way gets what they deserve. I now wait and see who gets to bend who over.... Con-way had a huge group of employees who believed in their dream.....then the dream was shattered by a bunch of douche bags. We were committed to them, but they didnt care. Now who will get to laugh. Not the guys who were below me in seniority.......alot of them are now scared for their job if the doors are shut. Hey..........they sat and watched me shot and killed....they moved a bit closer to summer vacation, a bit better on their bid. Now they are nervous. I know the snitch trainer referred to in a previos post too!! LOL! Patience is a virtue!

UPSF did go union and yes we did get union dues. There are a few things we didn't get also. We did not get our pay cut. We did not get vacation time cut. We did not get our pension messed with or lose any sick days. There are a few other things we got in addition to union dues such as a raise evey six months just like the contract calls for. We also now have a decent greivance process that we didn't have before we started paying dues. I'm an old Overnite man and was never for the union and am still not crazy about it ,but they have not been the big boogey men that they had always been portrayed to be.

I have to agree, I also was a long time employee of Overnite and was never involved in any union. I must say, we do pay union dues, but with every second I am on company time paid for, the extra two hundred dollars per week far out ways the sixty dollars per month I pay for union dues. Although I don't always agree with the policy's of a Democratic union, the benefits we got through our Teamster contract far out way not being represented, especially with the economy and the latest race to the bottom in the LtL Industry. With our contract, we have been untouched by the race to the bottom.

Nope, you and truexco are the same person on the same roadrunner connection using the same computer, pick a name or I will ban both usernames.
Could they be roommates? Bunk Buddies? I know of a few married couples there.......its possible.

well boys and girls something got to give. they got this hand held to tell 0n us and mark my word they will be canning who they can. uncle charlie is watching and thats the b s. this company was not founded on that but sorry to say its heading that way. as far as union i have been on both ends. do you guys honestly see a light at the end of the tunnel. for yrs we listened our guys dont need a c no power steering and a hole lot of other things that we did for the success of this company. they need more profit stop hauling trash frt. and as u know the rules apply to one does not apply to others. we need something................................

u must have fell off the turnip truck. its a public company. a locked gate would mean $35.00 a share of stock would fall to chump change and the big wigs are not going to lose that kind of cabbage

they will close the doors and peddle the freight from indiana if they have to. 3 hr stem times for p&d routes are in the near future.
That 3hr. stem time is one of the reasons Brant Truck Line went down .With the price of fuel driving 3 hrs. to your first stop just don't make any commonsense .

You make some very good and honest points and they are very factual as well . I think these Con Way drivers should consider if they want to be screwed with for the rest of the time they are at Con Way . Con Way has professional negotiators working for their best interest when they go to their customers . Are they any better than their employees ? They have contracts you also should have a contract your not a second class citizen . I remember the Overnite guys and how their management would have propaganda meetings with those guys and yes it did work on some but now that they are UPSF they now see the benefits that the union has give them and that they were mislead by Overnite management . The dues money paid every month equals 2 hrs. pay out of the month and for that you get so much back in benefits Hell just the insurance for the family is worth it alone . Our teamsters paid the medical bill through Blue Cross no matter how many children all for the same dues . I was in the teamsters for 44 yrs. and I can honestly say that those dues were one of the best investments I ever made towards my senior years . IMO every ltl carrier should be union like it was when I started 46 yrs. ago {retired 2 yrs. now } I talk to some old guys now that thought the way some here think and they say that looking back they wish they would have been union . The unions are week now because of the lack of membership because of management involvement but legally management is not to intimidate any group of workers that want to unionize . The more members the stronger the union . And don't accept management saying that Con Way cant afford it same thing Fred X told his workers that Fed X can't afford the union but UPS can a very feeble excuse . Good luck to all Con Way guys that want a better life style on the job and off the job. :1036316054:

I would like to request that from this point forward, that unless you're on Con-way's payroll, that you do not comment on this thread. If that can't happen, then perhaps a mod can move this thread to the non-union forum only. I feel this is an internal matter that must be worked within the ranks of Con-way drivers without any outside influence from union drivers from other companies.

Quite Frankly, if you're not an active Con-way driver, you should stay on the sidelines and keep your opinions to yourself. It's none of your business.

I for one would like to hear from someone that is out of xco or someone that has first hand undisputable knowledge as to what has or is happening. This is giant new's and is worthy of being kept up to date on. I personaly feel that this thread should not be moved, it is exactly where it belong's as at this moment has only alleged happening's going on pertaining to Con-Way and this is the Con-Way new's. There is a wealth of knowledge out there to be heard, both pro and con and it deserve's it's chance to run it's course. Case in point would be pup driver's post(and I salute you sir, to survive 46 yrs. in this business is truly an amazing feat.) I do not want to bash Con-Way or any other co., but the way that alot of these ltl cos. are treating their employee's and customer's you would think that they do not have 46 day's experience between all of them. Opinions need to be heard from the well's of experience.

Copied from above....
I do not want to bash Con-Way or any other co., but the way that alot of these ltl cos. are treating their employee's and customer's you would think that they do not have 46 day's experience between all of them. Opinions need to be heard from the well's of experience.

Excellent point.....especially about treating its drivers and customers. Customers and the drivers used to be the companys number one priority...now both end up on the back burner. Atleast from my experiences and alot of people I know as well.