XPO | XCO Trying to Organize

would you support a union at con way

• yes

Votes: 98 68.1%
  • no

Votes: 46 31.9%

• Total voters
Quite Frankly, if you're not an active Con-way driver, you should stay on the sidelines and keep your opinions to yourself. It's none of your business.

I respect your opinion, but I have to ask you what you have to lose? Any day you show up to work very well could be your last. BTW.....I am staying here as I have many many years vested and this is quite a personal issue with me and this company. I may have more years involved with this outfit then you..maybe not. This has already been addressed by w99 anyway. Given time.....I can find the post.

If you do not wish to vote for a union, that is your choice. This company has buffalo'd its drivers for years into believing in its core values while traditionally has continued to take away and turn its back on its most valuable assett. Freight will always be picked up and delivered.....If you believe honestly in your heart this company actually cares about you.....you may be in for a shock. It is not the same anymore.

Quite Frankly, if you're not an active Con-way driver, you should stay on the sidelines and keep your opinions to yourself. It's none of your business.

All opinions are welcomed as long as they are respectful and are toward the subject matter. It is my decision and my job to tell who can and can not post here .. thank you

The teamsters gave back wages the last 3 years .. the teamsters cant offer us a pension while they cant even support their own people .. becareful what you wish for and try to bring in .. the tactics they are using is similar to the glorified kirby vacuum cleaner sales pitch
Abf,upsf & ups package no pay cut & still making pension contributions.

GO40 said:
Abf,upsf & ups package no pay cut & still making pension contributions.

And I said in a previous post ups is ran a lot different than yrc. Abf does not have the employees yrc has... if they are still making contributions good.... they may be wasting there cash...

wonderring99 said:
And I said in a previous post ups is ran a lot different than yrc. Abf does not have the employees yrc has... if they are still making contributions good.... they may be wasting there cash...

And UPSF has a seperate contract and pension from YRC and ABF also.

being a southern driver i am used to eatin grits and corn bread. we have not got a raise nor got a rise out of this. all we heard was we will be up with central.damn that was when the trucks were green and blue.what gives here.our gas goes up but we get no sircharge.they have pissed a lot of yankee s off to go this and hats off to you guys for sticking up for what you believe in.this country was founded on people sticking to gether.that is what got union s started was owners wanted it all.damn shame we can t get things worked out with out bringing the big guns out. united we stand.

and you say you do not support this action.
from where I stand it appears you did bring your soapbox
would that be two years of pension before or after September of 2010? ya gotta look at all players and ask yourself "what's in it for them"?
Merdock
It is very common to come into an organizing effort and offer 2 for 1 pension and to which fund you would be put under.
I would also get it in black and white before signing a card!!!!!!!!

I would like to request that from this point forward, that unless you're on Con-way's payroll, that you do not comment on this thread. If that can't happen, then perhaps a mod can move this thread to the non-union forum only. I feel this is an internal matter that must be worked within the ranks of Con-way drivers without any outside influence from union drivers from other companies.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste !
EDUCATE and know fact from fiction !!

Is there anybody from XCO even following this thread. Rightturn asked for some first hand info on this and there has been nothing posted. Does anyone know whats going on or is this thread all BS. I am starting to think that since the guy who started this thread had dual personalities, It may well turn out not to be true which would be unfortunate.

Yes following vey close here at xco. We have had regional manger in regional hr in yesterday......the ring leaders have set next meeting with teamsters for next week

Could any of this ( if it's true ) be a reaction to Terminator Tim , the former terminal manager at XCO and current regional manager. He will go after a guy and make sure his hat is on according to company policy - ON THE DOCK.

Nothing to do wih tim not our regional manger.... bott is ours from xcl