XPO | XCO Trying to Organize

would you support a union at con way

• yes

Votes: 98 68.1%
  • no

Votes: 46 31.9%

• Total voters
workers at xco have met with teamsters and are trying to organize. They have half of what they need to call for a vote. They are now trying to get xay and xin to go along with them. It is about to get very messy for us all here at xco..i for one am not for the union but is is running like wildfire right now.:6837:

need more support...send them south....think you will get more support than you could imagine....

I understand shooting the message not the messenger..I knowthe higher ups browse this board.. just maybe they can figure out how to combat this....went from a meeting of a few to a third of our ranks in a weeks time...scares me

Merdock you take a harsh tone with me... I was only telling what is going on at xco. This is a message board is it not? My original post states I do not support this action. Whole reason to post was to inform others of what was going on

no harsh tones, just posting a message, an opinion. Now that's what we do here, point, counter-point.

So what is going on at XCO to warrant the actions you have posted here? No one before you has taken the time to present anything within this arena of information exchange.

If you knock on my door and try to sell me something, what you are really trying to do is convince me that you know more about me than I do myself and I need your product even if I don't realize it. What you have tried to sell here I'm not buying, it's that simple. Call it harsh, call it bitter. Give me a day or two and I'll get it sugar coated for you junior.

Well let's see...as presented to me as I was told why I should support their effort....in no certain order was.....no raises in last 3 yrs .....proxy sent out seeking raises for board of directors.....cancel of drivers bids on dock filling with full time non cdl....doug s making 6.7 mil last year ....a scm they don't want......a roll a box your fired policy that's unfair....to many sub service taking our work from us......to many non cdl workers being hired.....an outstanding q1 results with nothing comming back.....theese are some as told to me oh jet teamsters offered 2 yers of pension for every year of service at con way.....does that help you out merdock?

Union dues are roughly $50 a month and is a tax deduction. You don't pay a health insurance premium out of your paycheck. Health Insurance is roughly $160 to $200 a month.

Well let's see...as presented to me as I was told why I should support their effort....in no certain order was.....no raises in last 3 yrs .....proxy sent out seeking raises for board of directors.....cancel of drivers bids on dock filling with full time non cdl....doug s making 6.7 mil last year ....a scm they don't want......a roll a box your fired policy that's unfair....to many sub service taking our work from us......to many non cdl workers being hired.....an outstanding q1 results with nothing comming back.....theese are some as told to me oh jet teamsters offered 2 yers of pension for every year of service at con way.....does that help you out merdock?

The teamsters gave back wages the last 3 years .. the teamsters cant offer us a pension while they cant even support their own people .. becareful what you wish for and try to bring in .. the tactics they are using is similar to the glorified kirby vacuum cleaner sales pitch

The ones that started this whole thing are15+yr veterens I on the other hand am no where close

organize

:6817 hey iam from the northeast we are for it.If u think we are going to see 401k back your nuts they will keep on spending & spending.Been at con-fing-way for 15 years 628 pension a month not going to cut it.Is the teamsters the answer i dont know.but $o dollars in 401k = o dollars for pension!!!!!! & I WONT EVEN TALK ABOUT RAISES

The ones that started this whole thing are15+yr veterens I on the other hand am no where close

I am gonna give you one last chance to come clean on the multiple usernames, if you choose to skirt the issue again, I will ban you and you won't be back....

what about ups freight

dont forget there are a lot union shops that are teamsters,they dont all have to be drivers

You mentioned YRC and that is what I was going by .. UPS is ran alot different than YRC. They dont have the money issues YRC does. We can go back and forth on which branch of teamster is better than the other .. I am not going to get in that kind of a pissing match because I am not versed in that kind of a debate .. all I am going to pretty much say is becareful what you wish for...

your right all companys are different! but do u know what top 2 ltl companys dont have pensions. that would be conway & old d.

SCM from XCO seemed to be cool from what I hear.....He will probably get moved and another terminator will appear.........to thin out the ranks once again. Is XCO up to that challenge all over again?

Drivers con-way is not going to let this happen! they will subservice every bit of the freight have it del by contractors they will close the terminals. Anybody remember CF con-way took it away!

and you say you do not support this action.

from where I stand it appears you did bring your soapbox

would that be two years of pension before or after September of 2010? ya gotta look at all players and ask yourself "what's in it for them"?