XPO | XPO pay & benefit's ??

I read in the explanation of why XPO bought us that they wanted to reduce the amount of purchased transport. They now own 12000 tractors and employ 16000 drivers. They did not buy is to sit us.

And that we had more one day and two day lanes than anyone. He didn't just want to move freight. He wants to move it fast.

Im saying go for a Union if they try to pay us less and take benefits WTF...
I don't think that is going to be neccessary. The more I read and think about what just happend to our outfit, the more I think a page has been turned and we are going to benefit from this. I think we are going to the carrier of choice to work for again like it was when I hired on with CWX.

I don't think that is going to be neccessary. The more I read and think about what just happend to our outfit, the more I think a page has been turned and we are going to benefit from this. I think we are going to the carrier of choice to work for again like it was when I hired on with CWX.

Will we be a carrier of choice ? Or will we shuttle hub his freight from warehouse to DC with some money maker side work ?

Will we be a carrier of choice ? Or will we shuttle hub his freight from warehouse to DC with some money maker side work ?
I think we are going to pull his freight down the highways at 61 cpm. I am thinking we will lineruns out the wazoo and drivers go where the miles are. At least, that is what I hope, rose colored glasses and glass half full thinking on my part I admit.

I think we are going to pull his freight down the highways at 61 cpm. I am thinking we will lineruns out the wazoo and drivers go where the miles are. At least, that is what I hope, rose colored glasses and glass half full thinking on my part I admit.

It's a pretty picture you're painting. I'd like to see it.

They had a choice to keep the old management or toss them.

They tossed them. What next? A good first step.

we made con way the best lets give xpo a chance and see if they let us make them the best now i'm truckload and enjoy running all 48 and canada hoping to continue bottom line to remember here is if we do seek other jobs who in their right mind would not hire us?

Im saying go for a Union if they try to pay us less and take benefits WTF...

I don't know if you realize this or not but voting Union is partly what got us sold in the first place. Con-way hates the union. Just look at the history of Con-way. They branch Con-way off CF and they shut CF down on Labor Day, September 2nd 2002. Labor Day is a union holiday if you look up the history of it. Since Ive been at this company you couldn't even use union terms like seniority or bid time. It was called anniversary date and job selection at Con-way. Now terminals like Laredo, Miami, Irvine and almost Orlando and a few others started voting in unions and guess what? We get sold Labor Day weekend 2015. You see a pattern here? Go ahead and vote in that union and YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF JOBLESS. Unions only work when they are with a company that welcomes one. There is nothing that says any company has to negotiate with you. Your letting the Teamsters blow smoke up your a$$. How long was Over Night on strike for?? Read up on your history people. I'm not for nor against a union but I do know one will never work in this environment because its not wanted by many. The Teamsters will take your weekly dues and you'll get nothing in return because the Company will not negotiate with you.

http://www.joc.com/sites/default/files/u48801/44-specTop25Truck_bwcb copy_0.jpg

This chart shows what company is kicking ass and growing the most right now: Old Dominion. All the new owners have to do is ask what OD does differently that saves money. From an outsider's point of view I can point out the obvious. I hear about Conway P&D drivers making close to $40/hr on forklifts after their runs or on Saturdays painting yellow lines all over the place. If XPO is smart, they'll hire a bunch of dockworkers and put the cans of paint away. Cutting down on all that overtime will save a ton of money. Nothing too drastic at first, but I'm sure they'll eventually ask themselves, "why are we paying our drivers overtime after 8 hours when trucking is exempt from those labor laws? After all, this company over here and that company over there make them work 55 and 60 hours per week before they get it. And those drivers are more than happy to do so!"

The FedEx Ground model of using an all-contractor fleet is unlikely to work with LTL, but XPO might have the balls to attempt that kind of transition. It has been done to break up unions and/or save money in the recent past with the outsourcing of grocery distribution (Kroger and others) and postal transportation to outside fleets and owner/operators.

Who knows? They might make some positive changes, like liquidating those damn cameras you guys complain about! I wish you guys the best of luck.

http://www.joc.com/sites/default/files/u48801/44-specTop25Truck_bwcb copy_0.jpg
. I hear about Conway P&D drivers making close to $40/hr on forklifts after their runs or on Saturdays painting yellow lines all over the place. If XPO is smart, they'll hire a bunch of dockworkers and put the cans of paint away. Cutting down on all that overtime will save a ton of money. Nothing too drastic at first, but I'm sure they'll eventually ask themselves, "why are we paying our drivers overtime after 8 hours when trucking is exempt from those labor laws? After all, this company over here and that company over there make them work 55 and 60 hours per week before they get it. And those drivers are more than happy to do so!"
.[/QUOTE

We dont make $40 an hour! I wish. Maybe once they hit over time in the north but not here in the south. up north Conway drivers make over time after 8 hours. South of the Mason Dixon line we have to work 50 hours a week to get over time and since linehaul gets mileage pay while driving, we never get paid over time. That would be city guys which they pay differently according to your region. We get $24.77 and hour.

[QUObought adman, post: 964669, member: 2072"]I read in the explanation of why XPO bought us that they wanted to reduce the amount of purchased transport. They now own 12000 tractors and employ 16000 drivers. They did not buy is to sit us.[/QUOTE]
Xpo bought us mainly to acquire Menlo that was the deal you want menlo you have to buy them all I have seen some of there drivers mostly foreigners from what ive seen so I hope im wrong but be ready for a huge pay cut im getting my ducks in a row but im hoping for the best for all of us ya we may argue on here and at reships but at the end of the day majority of us do a damn good job and care about each others well being have a good weekend

We dont make $40 an hour! I wish. Maybe once they hit over time in the north but not here in the south. up north Conway drivers make over time after 8 hours. South of the Mason Dixon line we have to work 50 hours a week to get over time

Yeah, I was quoting a guy who was rounding up his hourly overtime pay. It may have been $37 or $38-something, and he called it $40/hr. Whatever it is exactly is probably excessive for busywork like painting lines on the dock or sweeping trailers, etc. Sorry, I wasn't aware the southern guys got screwed like that. I know a lot of companies have different rates according to the cost of living in different areas, but totally different policies in the north and south is ridiculous.

I don't know if you realize this or not but voting Union is partly what got us sold in the first place. Con-way hates the union. Just look at the history of Con-way. They branch Con-way off CF and they shut CF down on Labor Day, September 2nd 2002. Labor Day is a union holiday if you look up the history of it. Since Ive been at this company you couldn't even use union terms like seniority or bid time. It was called anniversary date and job selection at Con-way. Now terminals like Laredo, Miami, Irvine and almost Orlando and a few others started voting in unions and guess what? We get sold Labor Day weekend 2015. You see a pattern here? Go ahead and vote in that union and YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF JOBLESS. Unions only work when they are with a company that welcomes one. There is nothing that says any company has to negotiate with you. Your letting the Teamsters blow smoke up your a$$. How long was Over Night on strike for?? Read up on your history people. I'm not for nor against a union but I do know one will never work in this environment because its not wanted by many. The Teamsters will take your weekly dues and you'll get nothing in return because the Company will not negotiate with you.
You really should take your own advice and read up on the subject. Weekly dues? Nothing that says a company has to negotiate? You actually think they sold the company because of a few terminals having votes?

You really should take your own advice and read up on the subject. Weekly dues? Nothing that says a company has to negotiate? You actually think they sold the company because of a few terminals having votes?

Relax a little on the particulars. This is not the time to be polishing your union arguments.

We have big enough thoughts to contend with.

Yeah, I was quoting a guy who was rounding up his hourly overtime pay. It may have been $37 or $38-something, and he called it $40/hr. Whatever it is exactly is probably excessive for busywork like painting lines on the dock or sweeping trailers, etc. Sorry, I wasn't aware the southern guys got screwed like that. I know a lot of companies have different rates according to the cost of living in different areas, but totally different policies in the north and south is ridiculous.

And that is about right. In the North it's OT after 8. $38 and some change an hour. In the south it's 49.95 hours and go home.