XPO | XPO pay & benefit's ??

i say give XPO a chance,,, it is what it is, i have looked up some of the U tube videos on the
CEO and he is smart and he believes in customer service. I remember working for a company who believed in the same thing, also believed in the compensation to the employees.
Seems like the last few years Con-way was more concerned about the #S rather than providing excellent damage free on time service to the customer.
as far as pay and benefits? Why would he not increase our pay or keep it the same to retain drivers? A decrease in pay and benefits would cost a lot more in the long run. OD UPS freight pay more and will be paying more than what we get now, so it would be very ignorant not to give us a pay increase to retain drivers.
We will just have to wait and see. I hope it will be a good thing. Yu'all have a good day and be safe.

$280 million is piddley :::shit::: for a $6 billion company. Everyone is slow right now. The China thing is tearing things up pretty good.
No not everyone is slow. I know a guy that works for R&L. They are so busy that when he gets done with his 9 hour city peddle, they want him to go back out and do a volume delivery

the thing that concerns me the most happened today. one of my customers said they got an email from XPO trying to earn their business and he said they didn't mention Conway at all. hmmm... are they just trying to win people over from scratch before they tell them that Conway will be xpo? or wouldn't it make more sense to say that Conway will now be XPO and continue to bring you the same service? just seems really odd to be trying to earn the business that we/Conway already have.

the thing that concerns me the most happened today. one of my customers said they got an email from XPO trying to earn their business and he said they didn't mention Conway at all. hmmm... are they just trying to win people over from scratch before they tell them that Conway will be xpo? or wouldn't it make more sense to say that Conway will now be XPO and continue to bring you the same service? just seems really odd to be trying to earn the business that we/Conway already have.
That was probably a mass mailing that was done before we were bought.

Sales staff need to get those accounts on the now or they won't get credit.

job postings for xpo drivers are all over the country. 275 ads on career builder alone. 292 on indeed.com. that's a lot of drivers needed.

Yeah. They agree to buy Con-way and throw up adds EVERYWHERE for drivers at $18.50 an hour. It has gotten attention.

Goodbye linehaul
Could very well happen , line hall could be turned over to owner opps. Just saying that company is a owner operation company and with that instead of con way delivering volume city loads or a two stopper the owner operator will do it for you. In return will reduce your seniority board . Nothing to stop them . Too bad that there was a segment of drivers that voted no to any protection that would have made it more difficult for XPO to play games with your futures . Don't forget management told you folks we don't need a union .

Could very well happen , line hall could be turned over to owner opps. Just saying that company is a owner operation company and with that instead of con way delivering volume city loads or a two stopper the owner operator will do it for you. In return will reduce your seniority board . Nothing to stop them . Too bad that there was a segment of drivers that voted no to any protection that would have made it more difficult for XPO to play games with your futures . Don't forget management told you folks we don't need a union .
You know , there was nothing stopping XPO Logistics from having their own linehaul BEFORE Con-way.They didn't try to start their own linehaul BEFORE trying to buy Con-way.

Con-way also has all kinds of runs that owner operators can run for Con-way NOW. In fact almost every LTL has a different name for the same thing: contracting out company runs.

With SOOOOO many companies having runs available for outside contractors to run , wasn't it odd that hardly anyone had heard of XPO Logistics or their associated companies? That's probably because XPO Logistics didn't want to do LTL. They focus on intermodal and 3PL.

Be careful stirring the pot because we are in a copycat world. If Con-way gets changed by XPO Logistics into a money making machine because they replace linehaul with owner operators , then there is nothing on earth that will stop that change from spreading , union or not. Period.

You know , there was nothing stopping XPO Logistics from having their own linehaul BEFORE Con-way.They didn't try to start their own linehaul BEFORE trying to buy Con-way.

Con-way also has all kinds of runs that owner operators can run for Con-way NOW. In fact almost every LTL has a different name for the same thing: contracting out company runs.

With SOOOOO many companies having runs available for outside contractors to run , wasn't it odd that hardly anyone had heard of XPO Logistics or their associated companies? That's probably because XPO Logistics didn't want to do LTL. They focus on intermodal and 3PL.

Be careful stirring the pot because we are in a copycat world. If Con-way gets changed by XPO Logistics into a money making machine because they replace linehaul with owner operators , then there is nothing on earth that will stop that change from spreading , union or not. Period.

This isn't a new change. This is copying UPS. They bought a company called Coyote Logistics. They also run a good bit of rail on top of their allotted subservice. On top of being UPS and just being bigger than everybody.

We will now do the same. So will we lose runs to the sub vans and the rail yard ? Absolutely.

But where UPS is enormous and does these things as a savings. Con-way is very very very small in comparison. XPO might just bring us a lot more work than we lose. All those vans aren't single shots. And neither are some of those containers. And yes a bunch of work might get run out on independent contractors. If they have a truck sitting they are losing money. They are going to get it something to do. But so what if we are slammed anyway ? XPO is crazy stupid bigger than Con-way. Odds are just as good we won't be able to handle it all anyway.

I remain cautiously optimistic.

Im saying go for a Union if they try to pay us less and take benefits WTF...
you've all been branded as 1 company now, freight, truckload, logistics etc. everyone would have a vote as to organize or not, good luck with that. they could put all road drivers at or near the same pay scale, ltl linehaul is their biggest expense. if they want to increase profits, they'll have to start looking to see where they can cut expenses.

you've all been branded as 1 company now, freight, truckload, logistics etc. everyone would have a vote as to organize or not, good luck with that.
Could you please clarify that for them? I'm pretty knowledgeable on voting for union representation and you lost me there.

you've all been branded as 1 company now, freight, truckload, logistics etc. everyone would have a vote as to organize or not, good luck with that. they could put all road drivers at or near the same pay scale, ltl linehaul is their biggest expense. if they want to increase profits, they'll have to start looking to see where they can cut expenses.
OD & Saia operate quite profitably with well paid, traditional linehaul.

I heard a radio ad in TN last nite that XPO Logistics had on looking for drivers for a truck load division, said they had Kenworth Tandem axle trucks. Never mentioned wages or just what they meant by truck load division? I was in Eastern TN. I believe the station was 94.5 or 95.1........ Just thought it was odd as I had never heard of them before the Conway deal? Also mentioned they had bought a shipping company a few months ago for 3 billion dollars, I'm not sure but I think they said in France?