XPO | XPO pay & benefit's ??

I don't think that is going to be neccessary. The more I read and think about what just happend to our outfit, the more I think a page has been turned and we are going to benefit from this. I think we are going to the carrier of choice to work for again like it was when I hired on with CWX.
You not only have been listening well at the motivational meetings, you actually bought in hook, line, and sinker. (Lol). I don't know if I believe it will be as good as you think but nothing wrong with positive karma.

I don't know if you realize this or not but voting Union is partly what got us sold in the first place. Con-way hates the union. Just look at the history of Con-way. They branch Con-way off CF and they shut CF down on Labor Day, September 2nd 2002. Labor Day is a union holiday if you look up the history of it. Since Ive been at this company you couldn't even use union terms like seniority or bid time. It was called anniversary date and job selection at Con-way. Now terminals like Laredo, Miami, Irvine and almost Orlando and a few others started voting in unions and guess what? We get sold Labor Day weekend 2015. You see a pattern here? Go ahead and vote in that union and YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF JOBLESS. Unions only work when they are with a company that welcomes one. There is nothing that says any company has to negotiate with you. Your letting the Teamsters blow smoke up your a$$. How long was Over Night on strike for?? Read up on your history people. I'm not for nor against a union but I do know one will never work in this environment because its not wanted by many. The Teamsters will take your weekly dues and you'll get nothing in return because the Company will not negotiate with you.

Good diatribe for someone who has no recourse except to "vote with your feet", like many non Union job hoppers refer to.

You really think Con Way was sold because a few terminals voted Union????
It was all about MONEY to the share holders. Everything is about greed now. It is not however, like the screwing the upper management gave CF, when they created Con Way. To compare this money grab to that con job, is a slap in the face to many before you, who as Teamsters negotiated for and created the LTL system of seniority, bids, and wages you have enjoyed in the non Union sector.

You think "seniority date", and "job selection" as you say Con Way called them, was something they thought up for you, a non Union driver, out of the goodness of their hearts???

You think Con Way always paid a wage equal to, or comparable to most Union drivers, out of the goodness of their hearts???

Oh and by the way, you say "unions only work when they are with a company that welcomes them".....?????? Back in the day my friend, no companies welcomed Unions. Despite that, the Unions did create the middle class we once knew in this country.

Get real, you have no choice now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Relax a little on the particulars. This is not the time to be polishing your union arguments.

We have big enough thoughts to contend with.
I see you didnt tell chevy to relax but thats ok. The only people who come out ahead in a buyout is the shareholders. If you think this will be good for you then I have a bridge to sell. One of the worst things to happen to this industry was the rise of the 3pl's and now you are about to be owned by one. They have already announced their first major mistake. Rebranding you. When yellow bought Roadway they rebranded it yrc (after a devastating delay). Nobody knew who they were. Just dropping the conway name will scare alot of customers off. Hell alot of places still call you ccx when labeling freight. Now you will be even further removed from that. Linehaul? Your runs will not get longer. They will use company drivers to do runs to hubs, or whatever you call them, to move next day freight. More of the long haul will be brokered out. Because that is what they do, broker freight. And they will broker it out cheap so you are also looking at pay and benefit cuts. That will eliminate drivers. Ann Arbor? Done. No need for 2 corporate offices. They will say they arent going to make changes like this but that is obviously to prevent an exodus. But those changes are definitely on the way. You dont get $170 million from IT improvements.

I see you didnt tell chevy to relax but thats ok. The only people who come out ahead in a buyout is the shareholders. If you think this will be good for you then I have a bridge to sell. One of the worst things to happen to this industry was the rise of the 3pl's and now you are about to be owned by one. They have already announced their first major mistake. Rebranding you. When yellow bought Roadway they rebranded it yrc (after a devastating delay). Nobody knew who they were. Just dropping the conway name will scare alot of customers off. Hell alot of places still call you ccx when labeling freight. Now you will be even further removed from that. Linehaul? Your runs will not get longer. They will use company drivers to do runs to hubs, or whatever you call them, to move next day freight. More of the long haul will be brokered out. Because that is what they do, broker freight. And they will broker it out cheap so you are also looking at pay and benefit cuts. That will eliminate drivers. Ann Arbor? Done. No need for 2 corporate offices. They will say they arent going to make changes like this but that is obviously to prevent an exodus. But those changes are definitely on the way. You dont get $170 million from IT improvements.
I never thought I would say this, but ATM is right about the name change. As a 25 year Yellow employee when you entered a customers business and wanted to pick up for YRC, they would say "who". Then they looked outside and saw your "Yellow tractor" hooked to a "Roadway trailer" and shake their head. It was so embarrassing to see 2 great companies fall so far from grace in the trucking industry.The name change is still a struggle today. Name recognition is everything.

The logistics of a massive rebranding of the entire fleet of trucks and trailers (as well as properties) is gonna cost them a ton of money to begin with...

You make a lot of sense my friend. You sure you don't work for UPSF? We no longer have long runs. We're puddle jumpers now. UPS just bought Coyote logistics. It's bad enough with what they get away with being union. I couldn't imagine being Conway and nonunion...

Lotta talk.... Lotta worried people.
Just ride it out.
Trust me nothing else you can do.
You go with it or leave.
I was with Roadway 22 plus when they put it together.
Just rode it out. Six years plus with YRC now.... Still riding it out.
They make the decisions.
You.... Just keep plugging along.
All the talk goes no where because you don't know what they are gonna do.
I just hope it all works out for you guys at Conway.
Sounds like some of you guys like it there and are committed.
Unlike the fiasco that is still going on at YRC.
I know it sucks when another company buys you out cause you don't know where you are going until you are there.
Good luck.

I never thought I would say this, but ATM is right about the name change. As a 25 year Yellow employee when you entered a customers business and wanted to pick up for YRC, they would say "who". Then they looked outside and saw your "Yellow tractor" hooked to a "Roadway trailer" and shake their head. It was so embarrassing to see 2 great companies fall so far from grace in the trucking industry.The name change is still a struggle today. Name recognition is everything.

Except UPS shows up with Overnite trailers. Central shows up with Pjax/Vitran/Central combinations of equipment. A lot of our vans still say CCX on them. How long ago is that ? Name don't mean near as much as it used to.

Last edited:
Good diatribe for someone who has no recourse except to "vote with your feet", like many non Union job hoppers refer to.

It was all about MONEY to the share holders. Everything is about greed now. It is not however, like the screwing the upper management gave CF, when they created Con Way. To compare this money grab to that con job, is a slap in the face to many before you, who as Teamsters negotiated for and created the LTL system of seniority, bids, and wages you have enjoyed in the non Union sector.

You think "seniority date", and "job selection" as you say Con Way called them, was something they thought up for you, a non Union driver, out of the goodness of their hearts???

You think Con Way always paid a wage equal to, or comparable to most Union drivers, out of the goodness of their hearts???

Oh and by the way, you say "unions only work when they are with a company that welcomes them".....?????? Back in the day my friend, no companies welcomed Unions. Despite that, the Unions did create the middle class we once knew in this country.

And again, we go sideways into union, non-union. This thread is about xpo pay and benefits. Period.
And again, we go sideways into union, non-union. This thread is about xpo pay and benefits. Period.
Just trucking, there' is a ton of people who have been thru this before and are just sharing their experiences! There's as many Nons talking Union as there is union guys! Oh and I to hope the very best for everyone involved, been there done that several times now...... Good luck

You make a lot of sense my friend. You sure you don't work for UPSF? We no longer have long runs. We're puddle jumpers now. UPS just bought Coyote logistics. It's bad enough with what they get away with being union. I couldn't imagine being Conway and nonunion...
In your next contract if y'all address the PT runs and put a cap on it let's say 6% of runs out of each terminal. That would bring back a lot of runs and more extra board and road drivers not sitting at home during peak seasons. Think they got you guys with pau raise and pension contributions. IMO

Well said brother, like it or not we have but one choice and that is to walk!:6788:

Well walk then. Go to YRC. Get less pay, less benefits, No pension, No 401K. No future

I don't know what to think of all of this but as a year and a half Conway Freight driver I can say that it has slowed way down in the last few weeks and I have already applied at YRC and UPS. being that they will rebrand us makes me think it's going to be bad (there goes the name and reputation we have built for our customers) and I was impressed by the new Conway branding before I worked for them so I know how it looks from an outsider's point of view. I am mostly thinking if freight is this slow and Conway was in so much debt that we didn't know about (280 million) then someone else has got to be booming and I see a lot of LTL job ads popping up (as well as a lot of XPO jobs for owner ops/contractors and more....

I don't know what to think of all of this but as a year and a half Conway Freight driver I can say that it has slowed way down in the last few weeks and I have already applied at YRC and UPS. being that they will rebrand us makes me think it's going to be bad (there goes the name and reputation we have built for our customers) and I was impressed by the new Conway branding before I worked for them so I know how it looks from an outsider's point of view. I am mostly thinking if freight is this slow and Conway was in so much debt that we didn't know about (280 million) then someone else has got to be booming and I see a lot of LTL job ads popping up (as well as a lot of XPO jobs for owner ops/contractors and more....
I look at it this way, I only have 13 years to go till I can retire. I have been here for 17 years. Start over again and loose what I have gained already? Go to UPS Freight, FedEx Freight? Same as CW now at this point.UPS Package too far for me to drive. I'll stick it out. Why not? I have a feeling it could be a good thing. From what I have heard on the conference calls and news clips I have seen they look like they know what they are doing. Time will tell. At this point of time I don't want to look at this as a negative.

$280 million is piddley ::shit:: for a $6 billion company. Everyone is slow right now. The China thing is tearing things up pretty good.

I look at it this way, I only have 13 years to go till I can retire. I have been here for 17 years. Start over again and loose what I have gained already? Go to UPS Freight, FedEx Freight? Same as CW now at this point.UPS Package too far for me to drive. I'll stick it out. Why not? I have a feeling it could be a good thing. From what I have heard on the conference calls and news clips I have seen they look like they know what they are doing. Time will tell. At this point of time I don't want to look at this as a negative.

Has 13 years ever seemed so long a period of time ?

I will ride this out I think from what I have read an heard that it will be a good thing an they won't cut pay etc due to they want to keep things the same..they cut pay etc lots of drivers will leave an put them in a bad postion ..they will make small changes here an there.. I do hope they get rid of lean as it is a waste of time an money an hasn't saved anything just spend spend spend