XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please explain that you must understand that the Teamsters are the same corporate America you hate. Their sole mission is to get rich on the workers backs.
Never stated I hate corporate America. If their in the business to protect union members. I’m willing to pay 54.00 a month which is a tax deduction. When was the last time you had a 8 hour guarantee?

Anyway I’m glad your back . I admire you dedication to the cause despite the business aspect of it. Your really needed.

Thank you, it's good to feel needed. And come on, the business aspect IS the cause. Who would do this just for principle?

Who is Esposito?

You didn't give me a lot to go on, but Google says that he is the XPO VP of "Labor and Employee Relations". That's interesting. I bet you guys are really close, huh? Are you exchanging fruit baskets this year?

I never said they didn’t play with the money. I just said they didn’t break the fund, it was the government failure to oversee from its financial state now.

And by playing with the money, to the extent that they did, lost them control of the fund, right ? But you don't hold the union accountable for those actions ? That ultimately it was the unions lack of responsibility that caused the down fall of the fund ?

Never stated I hate corporate America. If their in the business to protect union members. I’m willing to pay 54.00 a month which is a tax deduction. When was the last time you had a 8 hour guarantee?

Just talking out his ass now. He can't keep himself straight.

Just talking out his ass now. He can't keep himself straight.
Do you REALLY think there will be a successful union movement from what you have seen? Never mind all of the rhetoric and nonsense talking points. Just look at the willingness of those you work with everyday to fight for a cause or take a stand. Even if XPO Logistics does something wrong or lies or cheats them , the interest to fight fizzles out in about a nanosecond.

You have been on here a LONG time , and I don't believe you are a company boot licker - in other words , you KNOW the management is not perfect. Far from it.

Why bother arguing with either side when most times , if the person you were you were talking with would be honest the problem could be fixed in 10 minutes?

The company ( most companies ) exist to make money. Period.

Management has a LEGAL duty to the owners (shareholders ) of the companies to try and be profitable.

The union can help but have more success in the public sector. Unions need money to run. Unions operate within the companies or government agencies where they are formed. Unions are only as strong as the members that make them.

The bigger a union , government , or company is , the harder it is to keep everything above board. More people , more money. Money is the root of the power ( an of all evil ) Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Almost seems pointless. Vote with your feet Highspeeds. I gave XPO Logistics two years before I would sh!t or get off the pot. This is the end of year two. High check out all of the jobs around you. Grove City has a nice one. Pays well too.

Apologies for the rant.

Do you REALLY think there will be a successful union movement from what you have seen? Never mind all of the rhetoric and nonsense talking points. Just look at the willingness of those you work with everyday to fight for a cause or take a stand. Even if XPO Logistics does something wrong or lies or cheats them , the interest to fight fizzles out in about a nanosecond.

You have been on here a LONG time , and I don't believe you are a company boot licker - in other words , you KNOW the management is not perfect. Far from it.

Why bother arguing with either side when most times , if the person you were you were talking with would be honest the problem could be fixed in 10 minutes?

The company ( most companies ) exist to make money. Period.

Management has a LEGAL duty to the owners (shareholders ) of the companies to try and be profitable.

The union can help but have more success in the public sector. Unions need money to run. Unions operate within the companies or government agencies where they are formed. Unions are only as strong as the members that make them.

The bigger a union , government , or company is , the harder it is to keep everything above board. More people , more money. Money is the root of the power ( an of all evil ) Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Almost seems pointless. Vote with your feet Highspeeds. I gave XPO Logistics two years before I would sh!t or get off the pot. This is the end of year two. High check out all of the jobs around you. Grove City has a nice one. Pays well too.

Apologies for the rant.

Good rant. Pretty strong. You gotta remember, this is really about spending some time and being a bit entertained. No different than yapping on the CB radio. Just scream Obama one time, and it don't matter where you are going, you have a friend until you get there.

I am not truly arguing either side. I am arguing MY side. I always speak to my experience with the union. I have worked for three and been a steward. My wife still works a union job, as does my mother. My father worked a union job until they sent it to China. The smoke and mirrors don't work on me. I also don't believe in the tooth fairy. Hope that doesn't offend you.

I guess it just irritates me to hear people talk down to others. The union crowd is a bunch of brainwashed idiots trying to buffalo people into blindly following them. The thing is a Ponzi scam. They prey on the weak. My opinions on this come first hand.

The circle jerk of corporate America is what it is. Follow the money. The money don't lie.

I am in a weird situation as far as what to do. No kids and plenty of money. I don't know what tomorrow brings. But I am ready and waiting for it to get here. Also, I live on the north end. Grove City is just to far to drive ( said the truck driver ). And I know how to use " INDEED " on my smart phone. Very well aware what opportunities are out there. And with the future of trucking, I am not sure if maybe stepping out of from behind the wheel might not be in my plans. Honda parts suppliers everywhere and I have always been better on a forklift anyway. It's part of what appeals to me so much about the dead and gone Con-way.

For now, my terminal is busy. And I like a bunch of people I work with. So, I keep coming back. Hoping for some of these crumbs sucker666 keeps talking about to maybe find me and my friends. But really, none of us expect anything to get better. The writing is on the wall. The intentions are clear. What Con-way did to CF, XPO is doing to Con-way. Follow the money. The money don't lie. Con-way is dead and gone.

Good rant. Pretty strong. You gotta remember, this is really about spending some time and being a bit entertained. No different than yapping on the CB radio. Just scream Obama one time, and it don't matter where you are going, you have a friend until you get there.

I am not truly arguing either side. I am arguing MY side. I always speak to my experience with the union. I have worked for three and been a steward. My wife still works a union job, as does my mother. My father worked a union job until they sent it to China. The smoke and mirrors don't work on me. I also don't believe in the tooth fairy. Hope that doesn't offend you.

I guess it just irritates me to hear people talk down to others. The union crowd is a bunch of brainwashed idiots trying to buffalo people into blindly following them. The thing is a Ponzi scam. They prey on the weak. My opinions on this come first hand.

The circle jerk of corporate America is what it is. Follow the money. The money don't lie.

I am in a weird situation as far as what to do. No kids and plenty of money. I don't know what tomorrow brings. But I am ready and waiting for it to get here. Also, I live on the north end. Grove City is just to far to drive ( said the truck driver ). And I know how to use " INDEED " on my smart phone. Very well aware what opportunities are out there. And with the future of trucking, I am not sure if maybe stepping out of from behind the wheel might not be in my plans. Honda parts suppliers everywhere and I have always been better on a forklift anyway. It's part of what appeals to me so much about the dead and gone Con-way.

For now, my terminal is busy. And I like a bunch of people I work with. So, I keep coming back. Hoping for some of these crumbs sucker666 keeps talking about to maybe find me and my friends. But really, none of us expect anything to get better. The writing is on the wall. The intentions are clear. What Con-way did to CF, XPO is doing to Con-way. Follow the money. The money don't lie. Con-way is dead and gone.
Since XPO has been in charge , does anyone know of them sweetening the pot?

In places where they are bleeding drivers , have they increased the pay? I am aware of the Chicago market for example , gets a premium hourly wage. Has there been an area or market ( since XPO Logistics has been in charge ) where the wages were raised to attract and retain drivers?

Since XPO has been in charge , does anyone know of them sweetening the pot?

In places where they are bleeding drivers , have they increased the pay? I am aware of the Chicago market for example , gets a premium hourly wage. Has there been an area or market ( since XPO Logistics has been in charge ) where the wages were raised to attract and retain drivers?

NYC They had a threat of a union vote. They bumped two terminals up to premium wages. So I am told.

They keep posting $10K to go work in North Dakota.

Some areas have sign on bonuses.

NYC They had a threat of a union vote. They bumped two terminals up to premium wages. So I am told.

They keep posting $10K to go work in North Dakota.

Some areas have sign on bonuses.
Money talks. It seems as though upper management at XPO Logistics Has made a decision to not tell thousands of people who work for them what they are going to do with the company ultimately. Even though as you have stated , the direction seems clear.

If those running XPO did decide to let the rest of the company in on the end goal it would make it easier to prepare for what is next. Makes it more of a gamble the way they are doing it now. The evil you know...But what do you really know about XPO Logistics?

Two years and most of the LTL side knows Jack squat about the rest of the company or Brad Jacobs.

Thank you, it's good to feel needed. And come on, the business aspect IS the cause. Who would do this just for principle?

You didn't give me a lot to go on, but Google says that he is the XPO VP of "Labor and Employee Relations". That's interesting. I bet you guys are really close, huh? Are you exchanging fruit baskets this year?
No don’t silly

And almost half of the drivers and two-thirds of the dockworkers just laughed because they had the sense to vote no in their elections. I'm sure that stunt made them look very strong- to other Teamsters.
You always amaze me how you know excact numbers. Like how many drivers and dockworker voted yes and no. It’s uncanny.

Obviously you're much more familiar with the process than I am, but have you guys scheduled your negotiating sessions by marching on the terminal each time? This was a photo op- a PR stunt to paint a union picture, not a genuine effort to start negotiations. It's all a show.
It may or may not have been a show as you put it but it happened. The company is refusing to bargin as ordered by the courts. The company is violating the order and clearly in the wrong . I would expect more to come from this from both the court and protest in the meantime.
Next few months are going to be interesting...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.