XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. They took it over because the Teamsters were stealing it. In the last link you provided, the first paragraph says as much. Had the Teamsters done their job and looked out for the best interest of the members instead of lining their own greedy pockets, the government never would have had the chance to bankrupt it. I blame the Teamsters first.
The mob and union leadership may profited off the fund, but the membership didn’t have to worry about it going broke. If the government really cared they would’ve paid more attention to the balance sheet in the early 90s. I see where your going but ultimately the government broke the fund. Wall Street is the legal mob

I’ve received two calls from the police union looking for money. They need money because their job is hard and dangerous. Not much different than trucking. Why doesn’t the Teamsters start doing fund raisers for the pension?
I would look into who’s making the calls more than likely it’s not the union. I had those calls on several occasions and when I questioned who they were they hung up. I called the local police department who the caller said he represented and they said it was a scam call.
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/beware-charity-phone-calls/story?id=9156841

The mob and union leadership may profited off the fund, but the membership didn’t have to worry about it going broke. If the government really cared they would’ve paid more attention to the balance sheet in the early 90s. I see where your going but ultimately the government broke the fund. Wall Street is the legal mob
Is it just me, or are you ok with the Teamsters stealing from you? I’m pissed off about it.

I would look into who’s making the calls more than likely it’s not the union. I had those calls on several occasions and when I questioned who they were they hung up. I called the local police department who the caller said he represented and they said it was a scam call.
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/beware-charity-phone-calls/story?id=9156841
I’m sure it’s a scam of sort. I knew a guy that used to work for a call center and they took half of all money raised. Even if it’s legit, I’m not making someone else rich on my charity.

I understand but the union membership controls the vote when by overwhelming majority. I’ve been in office as a business agent and has seen both sides of the fence. A lot of things I’ve dealt has me seeing things different now.

translation : I am one of " them ". And as one of " them " I feel we ain't all that bad. In fact it's " us " that makes things so good for everyone.

It sounds like battered wife syndrome. He only hits me because I make him do it. Get the frak out.

Correct. They took it over because the Teamsters were stealing it. In the last link you provided, the first paragraph says as much. Had the Teamsters done their job and looked out for the best interest of the members instead of lining their own greedy pockets, the government never would have had the chance to bankrupt it. I blame the Teamsters first.

Lie and deny until you die. It's the union way.

He seems to be ignoring the fact that the Teamsters stole the money.

He has admitted he is a desk jockey in the union palace. This guy hit the hook so hard he swallowed the sinker.

Zero straight answers. Everything is everyone else's fault. Union is unaccountable for it's actions unless it's perceived to be a good thing.

Again, it's all the governments fault. And then you add some deflection and say Wall Street is the problem. Well, did you want them to invest that money ? If so, then into what ?

Last edited:
He wants you to find fault in the government for being forced into dealing with some :::shit::: that wasn't theirs to start with. But not hold the union at fault for the theft. And he probably wants your tax money to pay for the whole thing and compensate him for his loss too.
Such a shallow minded opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.