XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, anyone involved with or supporting a union is a thug . It’s just the way it is . It’s easier to deal with us it were all stereotyped .:encouragement:
So I guess those that don't support a union are Scabs or company ass kisser. we also had a label placed on us. I sure there are other out there that will agree with me and say that roadboss is acting like a union thug. we can all disagree on thing but he has made his responses personal. He says a lot but most of it means nothing.

Talking with a city driver from the UPS freight barn some time ago and he said it is driver vs management all day. They tried to suspend this guy for not honking before backing to the dock at his barn, got suspended once for taking to long to fuel, constantly being harassed about why they were at a customer to long and yada yada so on. Them kind of rules.
How does this happen with a union? I thought IBT protected drivers from this kind of micromanagement

Lock it. This thread has been taken over by outsider that have never worked here. I thought this thread was to be about what is happen at the barn that have voted in the union and there contract talks. It now has turn into a may dick is bigger than yours contest. This thread has gone heated before but ever since RoadBoss show up it been the standard union thug mentally.
I won’t lock it just yet. If one person is an issue, I’ll remove that person.

How does this happen with a union? I thought IBT protected drivers from this kind of micromanagement
it not micromanagement in the eye of the company. The one is a safety item and the other two are under the term of stealing time. That how they can do that.

Anyone not in this industry would last an hour on the dock. It’s hard for people to imagine what it’s like to spend 3 hours in sub freezing temperatures and know why it takes good wages and benefits to keep these jobs position full. I have heard a lot of opinion from management and there schills that couldn’t do it. Try being a linehaul driver and driving 250 miles to arrive at a fac and have to spend 2 hrs on a dock that’s 10 degrees and know you have jump back to your truck and drive back to your domicile trying to stay awake. Cold stress is something management in this company never wanted to admit existed.
I will disagree. Our dock guys spend 8 hours on the dock, come in to warm up occasionally, air temp on our dock was -27F last week.

So I guess those that don't support a union are Scabs or company ass kisser. we also had a label placed on us. I sure there are other out there that will agree with me and say that roadboss is acting like a union thug. we can all disagree on thing but he has made his responses personal. He says a lot but most of it means nothing.
Respectfully sir,
I think I expressed in a post afterwards I was being facetious and explained in a following post that is a lot of area between a union thug and a shill where most of us are. I hope that better explains it for you.

Last edited:
You people need guys like me ,to get you more than what you have.Otherwise you get what they give you. .Your are not in any position to negotiate anything on your own.Remember they hold all the cards.

You people need guys like me ,to get you more than what you have.Otherwise you get what they give you. .Your are not in any position to negotiate anything on your own.Remember they hold all the cards.

The only thing we are going to get is sold. At least once. Maybe twice in the next two years. Anything your union can do about that ? I already know the answer, nope.

If that’s the case, then you need to back off, and allow the few barns that certified to negotiate, and show us what a yes vote will get us.

I will disagree. Our dock guys spend 8 hours on the dock, come in to warm up occasionally, air temp on our dock was -27F last week.

I heard that your docks are closed in. Is that true ? Ours are mostly open. Some have the bumpers on the windward side.

How can you hold yourself up as such a powerful force when you're not even getting the benefits of the contract you negotiated? Seems like we're in the same position, but you're paying dues.

They don't want to be held to their standard. If you guys stand together you'll get stuff. All they say. Even though they never stand together and keep getting less stuff. Except for the golden goose UPS. Which is great, except none of these guys running their mouths work for UPS.

Even though they never stand together and keep getting less stuff. Except for the golden goose UPS. Which is great, except none of these guys running their mouths work for UPS.

I think one of them works for package, actually. But that's a union company, with a union culture. You can't compare that to a non-union company. The union is fighting a culture and natural resistance at XPO that they just don't have the power to overcome.

I think it's a sign of the desperate condition of the IBT that they're still trying. They gave up at Overnite after 3 years, and Overnite had 26 union barns and a strike. XPO has 6 barns after 3 years, and a strike would be suicidal and both sides know it.

Last edited:
How many years since Laredo voted yes ? Do they have a contract ? HHHMMM.
The was no negotiations until last month in Laredo do to the company’s appeals to their vote certification. They have not been bargaining since their vote due to that and that alone the union can not direct the court appeals its a long slow process and that’s why the company does it . It is their tactic drag Everything out so the workers become disinfranchised .

What a condescending statement that is, like we cannot think for ourselves, we need some union to do our thinking for us? If we needed guys like you, this place would already be unionized. We don't take what they "give" us, they give us nothing, we earn what we get and most of us are reasonably happy to earn it. And yes, they hold the cards, as they should because they own the company. You just don't get it and you certainly have no respect for the property of others. I would very much like if you would stop coming around here before upnorth is forced to shut down this thread for good.

Just my two cents. I work at UPSF there is no brotherhood over here. As long as the top guys are running and getting miles they can care less what happens to the guys at the bottom. Contractors run our freight while guys with fifteen plus years have to work the dock or sit at home. There’s no unity the only thing the Union is good for and that’s saving your job that’s it. We have UPSF,UPS Freight Truckload, UPS Freight O/O, UPS Freight flatbed, UPS Freight Dedicated, UPS Freight Advance Auto. Lol so don’t think the grass is greener on the other side I don’t care who says it’s better. Y’all keep doing what y’all do and keep Stacking paper and proving for your Family. God Bless.

A scab is a person who undermines what’s a person or group of stand up for or trying to achieve for their own personal benefit. Theiy can union or non union.

Status
Not open for further replies.