XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of this makes sense. Go back to the thug playbook and try again. Your feeble attempts to insult me aren’t helping you look intelligent.
You say you were a teamster for 8 years .I guess you never asked any questions.Or were afraid too.,And I am a Thug,I doesn't make me a bad guy.Things don't make sense to people that don't listen.:moon2::burnsauce:

If the brotherhood existed like you want us to believe it does, I’d think they’d want to make sure all of their brothers had a good retirement. I guess they don’t care.
Roadboss, Try to stick to facts instead of assuming and making things up. You’re makis of ng yourself look like a fool.
That's your opinion.You obviously have no experience or much knowledge of inner workings of labor other than your own ,so called bad experiences.That you were a willing participant for 8 long years.Maybe tell us a little more and enlighten us on why you feel this way.Where all listening:popcorn:

You say you were a teamster for 8 years .I guess you never asked any questions.Or were afraid too.,And I am a Thug,I doesn't make me a bad guy.Things don't make sense to people that don't listen.:moon2::burnsauce:
Just to clarify, I don’t remember details from a contract that’s 20 years old and you assume that means I’m toothless? How ****ing stupid do you have to be to jump to that conclusion?

Being a thug doesn’t make you a bad guy. The ignorant ::shit:: you type while trying to act like a tough guy does. I’ve seen five year old children with special needs that can communicate better than you. Yet you’re acting like being a special kind of stupid is some badge of honor.

I'm willing to try this with a few ground rules... it goes sideways and I kill it.

Rules:
- this is a discussion thread pertaining ONLY to XPO terminals and union activity. Recruiting, or discussions about other teamster issues is not allowed.
-this thread is for XPO employees to discuss issues. If your not an employee ( I'll know), your coming in as a guest. Act like it. We can have a mature conversation, without name calling, belittling, or other childish behaviour. I also will not allow this thread to be taken over by non employees... period. Any such childish behaviour, and your gone. This is the only warning.
-this thread will be civil. I repeat, civil. Any :horseshit: will not be tolerated.
- no names are to be used. Any threats of "outing" a member will result in an immediate and permanent ban from trucking boards, no exceptions.

The rules are simple. Violations will be dealt with immediately and harshly.

Simple enough?
I think it’s time to either lock the entire thread or start booting the people that can’t follow the rules. Outsiders have shown up and dragged the conversation down to really childish levels. Warnings were already given.

I think it’s time to either lock the entire thread or start booting the people that can’t follow the rules. Outsiders have shown up and dragged the conversation down to really childish levels. Warnings were already given.
Sounds like you threw jabs and the jabs were thrown back and you can’t run out the corner now. Enjoy your day

At their terminal they are obviously not a tiny, inconsequential group as you say, they are indeed the majority.

So what? Are they trying to get a contract from their terminal or from XPO? This campaign depended on a huge wave of yes votes across the company to give the union bargaining power- and it didn't happen. XPO has all the time in the world and there's nothing the Teamsters can do about it.

So you believe they should be persecuted for using their federal rights to form a union? THAT says a lot lol...

Persecuted? I didn't say that. I support their right to try and organize- but that doesn't mean they have to win, or that I have to support their campaign. I believe that XPO and the IBT should follow the law, but I can still pick a side.

So instead of a secret ballot how about card check then? Would you have a problem with that since you are so against secrecy?

I've never said that I'm against secrecy. The vote should be secret. What I object to is lionizing employees that organize behind a curtain. It's 2018. There's very little risk, even at a firmly non-union company like XPO. There are quite a few employees that tried to organize and failed but are still working for the company.

And yes, I do have a problem with card check. The company deserves a chance to respond to the union sales pitch before a vote, and a secret ballot protects against less-than-honest methods of getting signatures on cards.

Again, if your particular terminal doesn’t have union activity then what does it matter to you?

LOL You don't even work for XPO- and yet here you are.

They use YRC as a scapegoat, but the demise of YRC wasn’t due to the union all blame goes towards the executive action of previous CEO.

It doesn't matter whose fault it is. The union is being sold as a way to get a pension, protect your wages and even protect your job. YRC is a shining example that even with a union, you can still lose all of that. So why join?

It doesn't matter whose fault it is. The union is being sold as a way to get a pension, protect your wages and even protect your job. YRC is a shining example that even with a union, you can still lose all of that. So why join?
Union protects the members not the company from stupidity. They do protect your job from disciplinary action. Can’t compare multi employer to signal employer pensions.

Why join? Hmmmm. Let me think...ummm. Uhh....Hmm. I give up. I cannot answer that question. :36:

OK. It sounded like you also thought we were kool aid drinkers.

Nice try. I’m not giving out that kind of info. It was a small warehouse and we did some local deliveries.

pot meet kettle

Union protects the members not the company from stupidity.

That makes no sense. If the company folds or you have to take big concessions, how is that protecting the members? And if the majority of the voting members vote for something stupid, you're not protected from that either. The whole idea of union protection is a legend riding on the experiences of a generation ago. It doesn't exist.

They do protect your job from disciplinary action.

Only if it's unjustified. We've got protection against that, too. Still don't need a union.

Can’t compare multi employer to signal employer pensions.

I'm not. I'm saying the members were told they had a pension, and the union would protect it. Now they may not, because the union didn't. Sure, not all are in trouble, but how many times are you going to go to a restaurant after your family gets food poisoning?

Why trust your retirement to an organization that has shown that they are unable to deliver on the protection that is supposed to be their sole reason for existing?

I support proposed legislation to save failing pension funds whomever they may be.A promise is a promise,pay up, or get locked up.:usa2:

The problem with any legislation is that the Teamster are allowing YRCW to only pay in 25% to the pension fund. This has been happening since 2009 and will go to 2019. Before any legislation is brought up I believe all those companies that are paying into any pension fund must have all debts paid in fully and must maintain up to date payments. Why should we the taxpayers fix this we never had a vote.
You the member of the teamsters voted for and our allowing this to happen and now you want to cry foul because the pension is failing.
Like you said " pay up"

That makes no sense. If the company folds or you have to take big concessions, how is that protecting the members? And if the majority of the voting members vote for something stupid, you're not protected from that either. The whole idea of union protection is a legend riding on the experiences of a generation ago. It doesn't exist.

Only if it's unjustified. We've got protection against that, too. Still don't need a union.

I'm not. I'm saying the members were told they had a pension, and the union would protect it. Now they may not, because the union didn't. Sure, not all are in trouble, but how many times are you going to go to a restaurant after your family gets food poisoning?

Why trust your retirement to an organization that has shown that they are unable to deliver on the protection that is supposed to be their sole reason for existing?
We couldn’t stop Bill Zollars from the big merger of 5 companies into one.
We have a choice on concessions we’ve been over this before.
If my seniority is violated the contract ensures I’m compensated correctly amongst many other things feel free to view the agreements don’t take my word for it.
Please inform me on your protection against unjustified discipline. Hope not some company board and you by yourself.
You trust Wall Street with your 401k correct? How’d that do when the market crashed in last recession?

The problem with any legislation is that the Teamster are allowing YRCW to only pay in 25% to the pension fund. This has been happening since 2009 and will go to 2019. Before any legislation is brought up I believe all those companies that are paying into any pension fund must have all debts paid in fully and must maintain up to date payments. Why should we the taxpayers fix this we never had a vote.
You the member of the teamsters voted for and our allowing this to happen and now you want to cry foul because the pension is failing.
Like you said " pay up"
Sorry but the federal government had oversight the fund when it was 120% funded why should suffer for their **** up when we also were paying tax dollars for them to oversee it. Also if the butch Lewis act is passed it would be a loan the would be paid back at a 3% interest rate. Win win what it looks like to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.