XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll reask one of the questions you ignored before. Since you’re all about the brotherhood, what are YOU doing to help those in the failing pension fund?
I support proposed legislation to save failing pension funds whomever they may be.A promise is a promise,pay up, or get locked up.:usa2:

I support proposed legislation to save failing pension funds whomever they may be.A promise is a promise,pay up, or get locked up.:usa2:
Oh Yes, whatever it takes to save the pension fund. Hey, I know. How about the federal govt make a big loan to the CSPF to make it solvent again. We can sell govt bonds through the Treasury Dept to raise funds to loan to CSPF, saving it from pending insolvency and CSPF can pay back the loan once it's solvent again. Yeah, that will be just peachy, accept for...Oh crap! As union membership continues to draw down due to attrition and the Teamster suck factor, the fund won't achieve solvency and will need to borrow more money from the federal government to stay afloat. Now the CSPF problem is no longer isolated to itself and it's retirees, it's now a problem for everyone who pays taxes. Now we have a situation where a vast majority of taxpayers with absolutely NO interest in the success or failure of the pension fund and it's retirees are on the hook to keep filling this bottomless money pit called CSPF. Oh wait a minute I see that Sen. Sherrod Brown (D) Ohio has already proposed such legislation, no surprise there I guess. I wonder how much Teamster PAC money has made it's way into his campaigns over the years? Anyway, considering how union interests donate large sums of money to Democrats, I see little reason why the Republican controlled Senate, House and President would bother getting on board with this idea and the fund may go belly up before anything can get done. Would you like to explain to me why I or any American for that matter, not in the CSPF, should get on board with this? I mean, I have no vested interested in your success or failure, honestly I don't care whether or not you retire in style or retire in squalor. Oh, BTW, where is the rest of the "brotherhood" in the other solvent Teamster pension funds to help out. Why don't WSPF help rescue the failing fund here in the midwest? If they really wanted to help a brother out, you would think, right? OH.....and stop waving that flag, it comes off as disingenious. http://www.dispatch.com/business/20...truggling-central-states-pension-fund-solvent

So you’re sitting on the sidelines doing nothing except yelling go team(sters). Based on your example, I’m not impressed with your “brotherhood”.

As Scotch Neat asked, why aren’t the other funds helping your down trodden brothers?

Since the Teamsters haven’t kept their promise, are you pushing to lock them up?

66RK7uf.jpg
When we can’t find the words to insult them let’s post pictures instead. I’d expect better from you.

Oh Yes, whatever it takes to save the pension fund. Hey, I know. How about the federal govt make a big loan to the CSPF to make it solvent again. We can sell govt bonds through the Treasury Dept to raise funds to loan to CSPF, saving it from pending insolvency and CSPF can pay back the loan once it's solvent again. Yeah, that will be just peachy, accept for...Oh crap! As union membership continues to draw down due to attrition and the Teamster suck factor, the fund won't achieve solvency and will need to borrow more money from the federal government to stay afloat. Now the CSPF problem is no longer isolated to itself and it's retirees, it's now a problem for everyone who pays taxes. Now we have a situation where a vast majority of taxpayers with absolutely NO interest in the success or failure of the pension fund and it's retirees are on the hook to keep filling this bottomless money pit called CSPF. Oh wait a minute I see that Sen. Sherrod Brown (D) Ohio has already proposed such legislation, no surprise there I guess. I wonder how much Teamster PAC money has made it's way into his campaigns over the years? Anyway, considering how union interests donate large sums of money to Democrats, I see little reason why the Republican controlled Senate, House and President would bother getting on board with this idea and the fund may go belly up before anything can get done. Would you like to explain to me why I or any American for that matter, not in the CSPF, should get on board with this? I mean, I have no vested interested in your success or failure, honestly I don't care whether or not you retire in style or retire in squalor. Oh, BTW, where is the rest of the "brotherhood" in the other solvent Teamster pension funds to help out. Why don't WSPF help rescue the failing fund here in the midwest? If they really wanted to help a brother out, you would think, right? OH.....and stop waving that flag, it comes off as disingenious. http://www.dispatch.com/business/20...truggling-central-states-pension-fund-solvent
Yeah, I know, couldn't stay away. I agree that ANYONE who worked under a pension promise is OWED that money. At some point, whether contractual or not, employees worked for a set wage, accepted, at least in part, with the expectation of a retirement fund. If companies or gov't institutions want to dissolve owed pensions, then mathematician up forgone wages, plus interest, plus assumed earnings on those lost wages. As far as the CSPF, there should be a solution via a combination of all IBT funds & proper fund management. Perhaps a small dues increase to supplement current payouts & future investments? Solidarity, right?

So the same goes for the postal pension fund your saying,Isn't this the same fund the congress and Senate draw lifted time benefits after only 1 term.Wake up buddy,you Ben asleep for a long time.employer trustees and union trustees and ,oh and those over paid hedge fund managers put central states in the hole there in.

So you’re sitting on the sidelines doing nothing except yelling go team(sters). Based on your example, I’m not impressed with your “brotherhood”.

As Scotch Neat asked, why aren’t the other funds helping your down trodden brothers?

Since the Teamsters haven’t kept their promise, are you pushing to lock them up?
If yo
Do any unionized ltl companies run hog boards?[/ ,Yes
And
It was in the 90s. We had a Teamsters contract so I assume we were.
You never asked about your benefit,package,Did you loose all your teeth and ask if we had a dental plan.Really.I guess you assumed the company would take care of everything,like they do now.

Yeah, I know, couldn't stay away. I agree that ANYONE who worked under a pension promise is OWED that money. At some point, whether contractual or not, employees worked for a set wage, accepted, at least in part, with the expectation of a retirement fund. If companies or gov't institutions want to dissolve owed pensions, then mathematician up forgone wages, plus interest, plus assumed earnings on those lost wages. As far as the CSPF, there should be a solution via a combination of all IBT funds & proper fund management. Perhaps a small dues increase to supplement current payouts & future investments? Solidarity, right?
If you were a trustee of another fund would you vote to bring in another fund that is almost insolvent.Remember you are a fiduciary and are bound to manage your fund appropriatly.What would your members say to this and could you put a spin on this to get them to approve this .And the employer trustees would never go for this. CSPF is a multi employer fund ,current employers except fund liabilities.The government speeds billions every day with out reguard for how they will pay for anything.They just raise taxes.The working man pays for everything.It's time for the working man to get a bailout.

If yo
And

You never asked about your benefit,package,Did you loose all your teeth and ask if we had a dental plan.Really.I guess you assumed the company would take care of everything,like they do now.
None of this makes sense. Go back to the thug playbook and try again. Your feeble attempts to insult me aren’t helping you look intelligent.

Status
Not open for further replies.