XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The distance between CF and CCX was pretty big already. And over time it has grown. First to Con-way. Then to XPO. At this point. CF is ancient history. And CF/CCX/Con-way are dead.

Is he gonna sell us ? Is he gonna buy up another LTL ? Is he going to sell the whole damn thing ?

We are to concerned with our present and immediate future to be worrying about the past and how we got here. Being right here right now is precarious enough. To the point that people are quitting at an amazing rate. Even the die hard stay to the end guys. Can't stand to be here any more. I guess it's important to do something under your control before something beyond your control is forced upon you.
As far as the next company Bradley Jacobs will buy...how about another last mile company? They are relatively cheap to pick up and they have a higher profit margin than LTL. Like this company here , Freight Rite Inc. They treat their workers terribly and pay them lower than average ( according to reviews online ) and they have lots of customer complaints ( according to reviews online ) They will fit in nicely with XPO's network of operations.

As far as the next company Bradley Jacobs will buy...how about another last mile company? They are relatively cheap to pick up and they have a higher profit margin than LTL. Like this company here , Freight Rite Inc. They treat their workers terribly and pay them lower than average ( according to reviews online ) and they have lots of customer complaints ( according to reviews online ) They will fit in nicely with XPO's network of operations.

That sounds like building on previous success for sure. The people at Freight Rite must be using the XPO business model. Probably with hopes of getting paid off in the process of selling the company.

Thank you..what a classy post.. " I see your slogan, IT Is ALL about about ME'

How true for you..l am glad that I am not around you..life must be happy and good..
My life is OUTSTANDING! Precisely because I do not allow people that cry over events three or four decades in the past to to have any influence on me today. Your perceived slights real or imagined are of no concern to me. I take care of and provide for my family and ask nothing of you or anyone else. That is why it is all about me.

My life is OUTSTANDING! Precisely because I do not allow people that cry over events three or four decades in the past to to have any influence on me today. Your perceived slights real or imagined are of no concern to me. I take care of and provide for my family and ask nothing of you or anyone else. That is why it is all about me.
wow...you'd better hope XPO doesn't upset your apple cart..goodbye..no more remarks from me..Con Way (if you are an employee) better thank CF for building it up, and now maybe XPO won't do the same to you...have an OUTSTANDING! life..
No more posts from me about this...

wow...you'd better hope XPO doesn't upset your apple cart..goodbye..no more remarks from me..Con Way (if you are an employee) better thank CF for building it up, and now maybe XPO won't do the same to you...have an OUTSTANDING! life..
No more posts from me about this...
Good.

well, I guess the Con Way employees know what is is like to be disrespected the way the CF drivers were treated (on Labor Day of all days..what a slap in the face).

Melo Logistics spun off to Con Way and Con Way done spun off by XPO. What a vicious cycle.

Thanks to our Brothers/Sisters at Consolidated Freightways that help make this industry what it is today! My heart still bleeds each Labor Day...

I guess the XPO drivers (almost) can see the raw deal that CF employees got..Menlo Closed down CF and shifted it all to Con Way and now Con Way has been sold to XPO.

Stay tuned..the future will be interesting to say the least..
I work with a few former Consolidated Freightways drivers. For years I've heard them say it was a good place to work , but honestly , I have NEVER heard them say one word about WHY the place shut down ( even when I poke them )

They are MORE concerned about being credited for the time they put in at CF towards retirement ( so that they can retire a little bit earlier ) I am sure someone is the blame , BUT most have moved on since it won't do much good to fight about it now...

I work with a few former Consolidated Freightways drivers. For years I've heard them say it was a good place to work , but honestly , I have NEVER heard them say one word about WHY the place shut down ( even when I poke them )

They are MORE concerned about being credited for the time they put in at CF towards retirement ( so that they can retire a little bit earlier ) I am sure someone is the blame , BUT most have moved on since it won't do much good to fight about it now...

Because they were union and the powers that be decided to spin the company off into a non union. Simple as that. There isn't anything to blame. A business decision.

I thought by now we'd be picking up and delivering freight wearing the orange apron.

His original plan seems to have been derailed by something. Of course, he thought self driving trucks would be a thing, too. As wrong as he has been, this ::shit:: has still made him stupid rich.

kp6kiskbuwtpn60oza60.jpg

Congratulations to LA on their certification. That makes 6 that will be in active contract negotiations. Who wants to be the Magnificent 7th? I can tell you that there are serious organizing efforts going on throughout the country. There are a few terminals that are very close. What began as a drop of water in Laredo may soon become a waterfall. Detractors have stopped posting because they ran out of excuses NOT to form their union. This thread has been very quiet and, if you support unionization, make it your mission to keep the conversation going.

There is a terminal right now where almost 90% of the employees favor unionization. Their fear is that XPO will close the terminal. If you from that terminal and you are reading this, allow me to point out that 6 have certified and NONE have closed. It is illegal and they may not close a terminal to avoid a union.

If you have been following this thread and have chosen to stand by and wait to see what happens, now is the time to jump in. Now is the time to make your opinions known and stop the bleeding. Here in Miami, we have lost nothing thanks to certification. Likewise in Laredo, King of Prussia, Trenton, Aurora and now LA has taken a giant step to stop the bleeding. As I have always said, there is no downside. There is no risk. Certify, freeze conditions as they are and begin negotiations. YOU PAY NO DUES UNTIL A CONTRACT IS SIGNED. I guarantee that you won't regret it, however, if you become unhappy or disillusioned about any aspect of representation, you can always decert and return to exactly where you are today.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:

Disability compensation has been reduced from 66 2/3 % to 60%. Your first disability payment has been delayed from the usual 2 weeks to 4 weeks. The company will no longer pay your health care premiums past 30 days. Now, you get Cobra and you pay your premiums out of pocket until you return to work.

CERTIFY!!! vote yes!!!

Congratulations to LA on their certification. That makes 6 that will be in active contract negotiations. Who wants to be the Magnificent 7th? I can tell you that there are serious organizing efforts going on throughout the country. There are a few terminals that are very close. What began as a drop of water in Laredo may soon become a waterfall. Detractors have stopped posting because they ran out of excuses NOT to form their union. This thread has been very quiet and, if you support unionization, make it your mission to keep the conversation going.

There is a terminal right now where almost 90% of the employees favor unionization. Their fear is that XPO will close the terminal. If you from that terminal and you are reading this, allow me to point out that 6 have certified and NONE have closed. It is illegal and they may not close a terminal to avoid a union.

If you have been following this thread and have chosen to stand by and wait to see what happens, now is the time to jump in. Now is the time to make your opinions known and stop the bleeding. Here in Miami, we have lost nothing thanks to certification. Likewise in Laredo, King of Prussia, Trenton, Aurora and now LA has taken a giant step to stop the bleeding. As I have always said, there is no downside. There is no risk. Certify, freeze conditions as they are and begin negotiations. YOU PAY NO DUES UNTIL A CONTRACT IS SIGNED. I guarantee that you won't regret it, however, if you become unhappy or disillusioned about any aspect of representation, you can always decert and return to exactly where you are today.
This thread has gotten quiet because there have been only two people posting from locations with active union activity. After a while it becomes redundant. “Detractors” or as I prefer, employees who have chosen to not want the teamsters, have not run out of excuses... everyone knows where each other stands. Six out of three hundred plus is a very small percentage.

I work in s small terminal in n.j. I'm all for third party representation but most all of the other drivers seem like they're happy. You know don't rock the boat . Senior drivers telling me I'll sink the ship. 18 years and counting.

Status
Not open for further replies.