XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot guys like like the poor coverage and high premiums. Just saying

Here is the thing. Hollywoodz keeps wanting to argue that the health care is better. And is all frustrated because no one will. And no one will argue with him because it is better. What he refuses to address. What he isn't understanding is that just because the health care is better doesn't mean that the job is better. Which is why there are still people that work here at XPO. And why we have a few here that used to work for one of those companies. ABF, YRC and UPS all offer better health care than XPO. No doubt. And we have lost a significant number of drivers from this barn and probably the whole system to some of these companies.

So I will ask again. As I have asked repeatedly. What makes this nightmare of an employment situation worth the effort of a hopeless union drive ? When you can get all of it by filling out an application ? Same job. Different uniform. Different color truck.

You are still going to have problems, if you stay or if you go. There is no simple solution. No magic slippers. Why are you guys so hell bent on forcing these one sided arguments that are blind to the real problems ? Be honest. No one is going to be duped by this line of thinking. Who do you think you are fooling ?

I knew a driver who had a heart transplant on TeamCare it cost him a whopping $1,000 not to bad considering his medical bills for the year were over $1,000,000

Okay, so if he had our health care he would have paid the $1,000,000 ? Is that what you are saying ? That we have zero coverage and would have to foot the entire bill ?

Okay, so if he had our health care he would have paid the $1,000,000 ? Is that what you are saying ? That we have zero coverage and would have to foot the entire bill ?
An Xpo employee would pay $10,000 vs. the example of 1,000. Thats 10X'S what the person under Teamcare would pay all while paying high weekly premiums each week upwards of $5,000 a year for the lack luster coverage.

* Based on our plan having a $10,000 dollar a year out of pocket maximum.

So I will ask again. As I have asked repeatedly. What makes this nightmare of an employment situation worth the effort of a hopeless union drive ? When you can get all of it by filling out an application ? Same job. Different uniform. Different color truck.
Why should someone have to go and start over at the bottom at another company to get compensated what their worth. I think the effort is well worth it.

Here is the thing. Hollywoodz keeps wanting to argue that the health care is better. And is all frustrated because no one will. And no one will argue with him because it is better. What he refuses to address. What he isn't understanding is that just because the health care is better doesn't mean that the job is better. Which is why there are still people that work here at XPO. And why we have a few here that used to work for one of those companies. ABF, YRC and UPS all offer better health care than XPO. No doubt. And we have lost a significant number of drivers from this barn and probably the whole system to some of these companies.

You are still going to have problems, if you stay or if you go. There is no simple solution. No magic slippers. Why are you guys so hell bent on forcing these one sided arguments that are blind to the real problems ? Be honest. No one is going to be duped by this line of thinking. Who do you think you are fooling ?
No one is forcing anyone . With everything going on why doesn't the company improving things ?

Last edited:
An Xpo employee would pay $10,000 vs. the example of 1,000. Thats 10X'S what the person under Teamcare would pay all while paying high weekly premiums each week upwards of $5,000 a year for the lack luster coverage.

* Based on our plan having a $10,000 dollar a year out of pocket maximum.

Consider having to go out of network for a doctor for someone on the family plan. What if the best doctor for your condition is not in network. Your cost would be 3K deductible + 5K in premiums + 20K out of pocket. That's 28K and the road to bankruptcy for some.

We have hired well over 30 drivers since I've been here, about 7 years. I can't remember even one who came to us from a union company. That's not to say it doesn't happen. It does. But I'm guessing that there are way more drivers who left for a union company than the reverse.

As you state, the basics of the job are the same. Deliver freight and pick up freight. I still argue that better benefits = better compensation = better job.

Consider having to go out of network for a doctor for someone on the family plan. What if the best doctor for your condition is not in network. Your cost would be 3K deductible + 5K in premiums + 20K out of pocket. That's 28K and the road to bankruptcy for some.

Shiz son, Catholic hospitals provide charity care, on the cheaps. Ain't no one too rich to be poor. Even the for profit hospitals will get put on the "Kmart, pay as you can" plan. It is not like you will be refused care, and left to die on the steps of any hospital in this country.

We have hired well over 30 drivers since I've been here, about 7 years. I can't remember even one who came to us from a union company. That's not to say it doesn't happen. It does. But I'm guessing that there are way more drivers who left for a union company than the reverse.

As you state, the basics of the job are the same. Deliver freight and pick up freight. I still argue that better benefits = better compensation = better job.
I can report the same at our location as far as drivers from union jobs not coming here. I do know over all the years I have been here I have seen hundreds of drivers leave. (yes hundreds) No one is knocking down the door to get in here either since the late 90's when we had 100% company paid (Good )insurance and a pension.

This nightmare of an employment situation exists because we allow it to exist by working around the problem. You're right...same job, different uniform, different color truck. My point is that union contracts offer benefits that make the job better. Contracts offer the opportunity to negotiate working conditions. Neither side gets everything they want but whatever is agreed to in the contract can only be changed but further negotiation between the two parties. As it is now...we DO whatever they SAY.

What about drivers who have the advantages that seniority brings. They get their choice of tractor and start time. They have better PTO accrual which translates into more vacation time. ETC. I only have 7 years but I wouldn't want to start over someplace else. Besides, I believe that this company can be a great place to work with some modifications. I like the people with whom I work. Many are my good friends.

Think of the possibilities if ALL drivers from ALL companies were covered by union contracts. It's just a dream of mine. The work "strike" could be eliminated from the dictionary, because just the threat of a strike would bring these companies to their knees. We have a talent. We have a marketable skill. We provide an essential service that keeps every aspect of this society functional. Why do we accept substandard treatment from companies who can clearly afford to do better.

I can't understand why two people like you and me, who have the same issues with this company and this industry are in constant disagreement over what to do about it. All this demonstrates is that the company and their minions are succeeding in their quest to divide us despite our common ground.

I can report the same at our location as far as drivers from union jobs not coming here. I do know over all the years I have been here I have seen hundreds of drivers leave. (yes hundreds) No one is knocking down the door to get in here either since the late 90's when we had 100% company paid (Good )insurance and a pension.

There are several former CF drivers I know, that are here.

This nightmare of an employment situation exists because we allow it to exist by working around the problem. You're right...same job, different uniform, different color truck. My point is that union contracts offer benefits that make the job better. Contracts offer the opportunity to negotiate working conditions. Neither side gets everything they want but whatever is agreed to in the contract can only be changed but further negotiation between the two parties. As it is now...we DO whatever they SAY.

What about drivers who have the advantages that seniority brings. They get their choice of tractor and start time. They have better PTO accrual which translates into more vacation time. ETC. I only have 7 years but I wouldn't want to start over someplace else. Besides, I believe that this company can be a great place to work with some modifications. I like the people with whom I work. Many are my good friends.

Think of the possibilities if ALL drivers from ALL companies were covered by union contracts. It's just a dream of mine. The work "strike" could be eliminated from the dictionary, because just the threat of a strike would bring these companies to their knees. We have a talent. We have a marketable skill. We provide an essential service that keeps every aspect of this society functional. Why do we accept substandard treatment from companies who can clearly afford to do better.

I can't understand why two people like you and me, who have the same issues with this company and this industry are in constant disagreement over what to do about it. All this demonstrates is that the company and their minions are succeeding in their quest to divide us despite our common ground.

All in all, the union sure sounds good on paper. Just like communism. But the reality is there is always corruption . Not just there, it is everywhere. So I rather have my individual voice, rather than the collective, because the collective eats it's own.

All in all, the union sure sounds good on paper. Just like communism. But the reality is there is always corruption . Not just there, it is everywhere. So I rather have my individual voice, rather than the collective, because the collective eats it's own.

How effective do you believe your individual voice is against a mammoth corporation like XPO? Can you name one individual voice that ever got anything accomplished without the support of the people for whom he or she was speaking.

Shiz son, Catholic hospitals provide charity care, on the cheaps. Ain't no one too rich to be poor. Even the for profit hospitals will get put on the "Kmart, pay as you can" plan. It is not like you will be refused care, and left to die on the steps of any hospital in this country.

I don't believe that it is that simple. The programs you're talking about don't apply to people with health insurance. They are for poor folks who simply have no other choice. I agree that no one is left to die on hospital steps. They are brought in and stabilized and then...without insurance they are sent home. These programs are extremely limited and the bottom line is that you and I pay for them in our premiums.

Dummy asshat?? Not hardly. Some people look at things based off dollar signs as you do. Some people look at things based off principle, but when you already receive this due to your privilege, you just don't understand.
No way could I ever live up north.....your food sucks.
Not just their food. From what I read here many of those yankee's suck worse than their food. Screw 'em.

How effective do you believe your individual voice is against a mammoth corporation like XPO? Can you name one individual voice that ever got anything accomplished without the support of the people for whom he or she was speaking.

Buford Pusser.

I'm sure there are. Did they just roll over into the job or did they have to reapply. I really don't know much about the CF situation or how it happened.

Fresh start. Two that I am aware of , got on cause some one at the union knew some one at the Conjob

Status
Not open for further replies.