XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is foolish and disingenuous to compare CSPF to CSHW. They are two completely different entities.

Faced with the same problem. Lots of retirees and few new- and more importantly, young- employees to support them and their skyrocketing healthcare costs. So CSHW is fine now, great. What about down the road? Truckers are an old bunch. How will they sustain these benefits? The pension fund used to have plenty of money, too- and the Central States name should be a reminder of how fragile a pyramid can be.

Sure, it's positive now, but look at the last slide. Full time equivalents are flat and retirees are climbing. Given the average age of a Teamster, why would that trend not continue?
If it was just freight you might have a point (pre XPO). Due to UPS paying into health fund I doubt there contributions will decline anytime soon along with the revolving door of workforce they develop.

If it was just freight you might have a point (pre XPO). Due to UPS paying into health fund I doubt there contributions will decline anytime soon along with the revolving door of workforce they develop.
That is a good point. A good amount of new membership ( our local is growing ) is outside of trucking and entering Teamcare. The enrollment in the plan has doubled in recent years.

I'm not going to do that. We have regional rates now and I'm not giving anyone any hints.

There was a thread where some rates were posted during enrollment, maybe you could find that.

Yeah, I don't care about your cost. The whole point was that no one knows what it will cost at a union XPO barn until the contract is out, so any comments about how great it is aren't worth much.
Benefits and working conditions are most likely going to be the greatest gains the union push could bring. The fact you won't even post what family coverage costs at your terminal only makes the argument why terminals are trying to unionize. Is it really that expensive?

Benefits and working conditions are most likely going to be the greatest gains the union push could bring. The fact you won't even post what family coverage costs at your terminal only makes the argument why terminals are trying to unionize. Is it really that expensive?
Gene is very private person and does not want anyone to even know what region he is in. That is his right here to have that and we respect it.

Gene is very private person and does not want anyone to even know what region he is in. That is his right here to have that and we respect it.
I have no problem with someone wanting to retain their privacy. Not being able to get an accurate answer to what XPO offers for insurance currently than telling others show me what you get when they won't even stand up for what's already being offered is only going backwards. Details matter in threads like this. If it works for him fine than show us why it does and pushing for a union is a waste of time. I'm only asking for some numbers not anything else.

I have no problem with someone wanting to retain their privacy. Not being able to get an accurate answer to what XPO offers for insurance currently than telling others show me what you get when they won't even stand up for what's already being offered is only going backwards. Details matter in threads like this. If it works for him fine than show us why it does and pushing for a union is a waste of time. I'm only asking for some numbers not anything else.
I understand your point and agree but he does not feel comfortable with giving out that info.

Last edited:
kNowGo9.jpg

Due to UPS paying into health fund I doubt there contributions will decline anytime soon

Even if you've got constant contributions, without a lot of new, young, healthy, people to cover the increasing costs of the old employees and the retirees, it's not sustainable. The Teamsters aren't adding a lot of people these days. With a name like Central States- sorry, Teamcare- you'd think they'd understand. I'm sure they'd love to have XPO as a revenue source. But no, they want to protect our rights. Sure they do.

Benefits and working conditions are most likely going to be the greatest gains the union push could bring.

I'll gladly pay more in benefits to not have to work with the Teamsters. That's a benefit all by itself.

If it works for him fine than show us why it does and pushing for a union is a waste of time.

I think I've been doing that since I've been on Truckingboards.

I have no problem with someone wanting to retain their privacy.

Good. Then ask someone else to share their premiums. My point about the fantasy contract stands.

Even if you've got constant contributions, without a lot of new, young, healthy, people to cover the increasing costs of the old employees and the retirees, it's not sustainable. The Teamsters aren't adding a lot of people these days. With a name like Central States- sorry, Teamcare- you'd think they'd understand. I'm sure they'd love to have XPO as a revenue source. But no, they want to protect our rights. Sure they do.
$406.00 a week from 32k YRCW contributions plus well over 100k UPS small package full time employees not including the rest who contribute I think they will be fine without XPO contributions. This is one fund that’s survived deregulation due to you retire you pay $200 a week for just a tier less than what you receive while working. Then Medicare picks up at 65.

$406.00 a week from 32k YRCW contributions plus well over 100k UPS small package full time employees not including the rest who contribute I think they will be fine without XPO contributions. This is one fund that’s survived deregulation due to you retire you pay $200 a week for just a tier less than what you receive while working. Then Medicare picks up at 65.
UPS Package part-time people are eligible for healthcare benefits. Are they covered through same program as full-timers?

Also , UPS part-time employees ( Teamsters ) tend to be younger ( at least back in the day they did )

It clearly a growing and solvent plan and going nowhere.

Last edited:
Citation please. Last year there were around 190k people enrolled in Teamcare. In 2015 it was 185k. What doubled?
I know the contribution rate increases
UPS Package part-time people are eligible for healthcare benefits. Are they covered through same program as full-timers?

Also , UPS part-time employees ( Teamsters ) tend to be younger ( at least back in the day they did )
i don’t know if part timers have healthcare coverage or not, but they normal way to full time is by going thru part time.

Status
Not open for further replies.