Holland | Yellow and Roadway Merging over the Next 15 Months

at least we can have a good laugh together,thank you benny i accept your conditions and will play nice as requested

Thanks for the invitation to come to the OD forum, but I have no need or desire to go there myself. I have nothing to gain or loose by doing so. As long as you play nice on Holland's playground you're welcome here just like anyone else, but if you get out of line, Principal Benny will have to paddle you, just like your twin brother was in the past. I'll send a note home to your mother too.

:1036316054:

Obviously Benny, we're dealing with another OD driver with a multiple personality disorder. Boomer:loser:

purpledude4fcyz3vd8.gif
Shoeman you are too much! There is my best laugh in a long time on here.:1036316054:

is there any truth that ups is looking at us please........:1036316054:
I hope so. I don't really care for YRC. I just dont see why they would, dont they already cover all of the areas that we cover? I know someone will say "but they dont do next day freight like we do", and to that I say "we don't do next day freight like we USED to". How many loads does your terminal bag every day?

I live just outside of Rochester New York.
Rochester never had any Holland terminals,only Red Star.
Holland covers Rochester by coming in from Buffalo west,and Syracuse from the east.

Rochester has always had both a Roadway,and Yellow terminals which are only about one mile between them.
Theres also a NewPenn terminal about 15 miles to the south of the Yellow terminal by the expressway.

I have some good friends that are city drivers at all of the terminals.

Is there any true opinions to whats going to happen with all of the Rochester operation at this time?

I got into trucking as a city driver back in the 60's and rememeber all to well what Yellow did with Preston which I had a lot of friends working the city for them.
Yellow purchased them,then skimmed all of their good accounts into the yellow operation,then threw them out like yesterdays garbage.

Ever since the time they did that I never held any trust for them when they bought out anyother trucking company.

I know all about these closings myself I was with 15 different trucking companies over my 45 year city driving career.

I ended up by retiring from UPS Freight this last April.

I know I'd like to see Yellow leave everything the way it is here in Rochester.

Holland covers Rochester by coming in from Buffalo west,and Syracuse from the east.

Rochester has always had both a Roadway,and Yellow terminals which are only about one mile between them.
Theres also a NewPenn terminal about 15 miles to the south of the Yellow terminal by the expressway.

Is there any true opinions to whats going to happen with all of the Rochester operation at this time?

I got into trucking as a city driver back in the 60's and rememeber all to well what Yellow did with Preston which I had a lot of friends working the city for them.
Yellow purchased them,then skimmed all of their good accounts into the yellow operation,then threw them out like yesterdays garbage.

Ever since the time they did that I never held any trust for them when they bought out anyother trucking company.

I know all about these closings myself I was with 15 different trucking companies over my 45 year city driving career.

The writing on the wall is becoming more ledgeable each day.This ship is taking on water at a rapid pace.

shoot me now

I'm going to enjoy this last 12-pack of beer today, Then i'm going to get my 9mm and end it all because I refuse to be put to the curb by YRC. Come on now, with your blood pressure as high as it seems right now you are going to be disqualified on your next physical anyway!! Take a deep breath and relax a little!! I look at it this way, If they have the intentions to close Holland ( which is quite possible) there isnt a damn thing you or me can do about it.
Exactly the mentality that got us where we are today, just bend over
And take it like a man, stop whining and sit on your hands.
“there isn’t a damn thing you or me can do about it.”:butt kiss:

Forty five years??!!

FORTY FIVE YEARS!!! of city driving?:holysheep: man, that's not a career that's lunacy. My opinion, and I know you are not asking but I will give it to you anyway,
RETIRE (if you have not done so already) and give a younger brother a chance at a union job.

GBA:USA:

Lumper(I love my job but not as much as Apostolic)sam

FORTY FIVE YEARS!!! of city driving?:holysheep: man, that's not a career that's lunacy. My opinion, and I know you are not asking but I will give it to you anyway,
RETIRE (if you have not done so already) and give a younger brother a chance at a union job.

GBA:USA:

Lumper(I love my job but not as much as Apostolic)sam
HE DID! :1036316054: Must be you missed the party. :funky: