Yellow | YOU got HOSED

if you yes voters keep being yes men we will be making minimum wage soon...we are the lowest paid union in trucking industry...UPS FREIGHT 25,75 AN HOUR AND 50 CENT RAISES NEXT 5 YEARS...NO BOGUS 750 DOLLAR SIGN BONUS WHICH WILL AMOUNT TO 400 DOLLARS...ABF MAKES MORE THAN WE DO AND THEY HAVE FULL RETIREMENT WE ARE NOT GETTING ANY RETIREMENT NOW THANKS TO YOU YES MEN FOR 10 YEARS....BE PROUD YES MEN YOU HAVE ALL DONE US HUGE FAVORS....

I'm so tired of these lame attempts to downplay the bonus. The IRS tax liability on bonus income is a flat 25%. This means your $750.00 will have $187.50 withheld - NOT $350.00. Math is hard.

Also, if YRC is the 'lowest paid union in trucking industry' (whatever that means), why is YRC's labor costs higher than their competitors? See the chart from the Seeking Alpha thread (below).

Also, do you REALLY think these pension funds will be around to honor the promises made to the employees? Really?

if you yes voters keep being yes men we will be making minimum wage soon...we are the lowest paid union in trucking industry...UPS FREIGHT 25,75 AN HOUR AND 50 CENT RAISES NEXT 5 YEARS...NO BOGUS 750 DOLLAR SIGN BONUS WHICH WILL AMOUNT TO 400 DOLLARS...ABF MAKES MORE THAN WE DO AND THEY HAVE FULL RETIREMENT WE ARE NOT GETTING ANY RETIREMENT NOW THANKS TO YOU YES MEN FOR 10 YEARS....BE PROUD YES MEN YOU HAVE ALL DONE US HUGE FAVORS....

Have you applied at UPS Freight? I mean, obviously you have, right? When do you start?

*turns off snark font*

I'm so tired of these lame attempts to downplay the bonus. The IRS tax liability on bonus income is a flat 25%. This means your $750.00 will have $187.50 withheld - NOT $350.00. Math is hard.
<snip>

Tiny correction. The amount withheld from the bonus payment is 25%. The actual tax paid on that $750 isn't determined till tax return is filed. The $750 is treated as regular income just like wages.

Thanks, Trip. I'm not sure how it plays out. I just Googled it and found this: Bonus Time: How Bonuses Are Taxed and Treated by the IRS | Tax Break: The TurboTax Blog

The IRS requires that a portion of our pay/wages (withholding) be taken out every pay period and forwarded to the IRS by our employer. This amount is an approximation of what our final tax obligation will be when we file our tax returns. The government wants these payments to be made during the year so we don't end up owing the IRS thousands of dollars at tax time and potentially not paying it. They get an approximation of our tax liability that way and it accumulates all during the year. When we file our tax returns the bonus amount is just added to our wages, etc. and we compute our final tax obligation for the year. Some may have to pay more and some will get a refund depending on how much they had withheld during the year. In any event, the bottom line is that the actual TAX on the bonus is the same rate as the marginal rate on our wages, etc. No special TAX rate just because it's a bonus payment.

Whew, I need a drink now! :smile:

I think you've made it perfectly obvious you're all about closing down the company. There's really nothing the company could ever do to make you happy. Just admit it. You'll feel better.

and i see you have made it perfectly clear that when things dont go like managment likes you crawl out from under what ever desk you hide under and try to change peoples minds with your sad sad oh the sky is falling stories .
maybe if you and the rest of managment were doing their jobs you wouldnt have to come here beggiing

Last edited by a moderator:
and i see you have made it perfectly clear that when things dont go like managment likes you crawl out from under what ever desk you hide under and come here and try to change peoples minds with you sad sad oh the sky id falling stories .
maybe if you and the rest of managment were doing their jobs you wouldnt have to come here beggiing

Yeah, that's me... under a desk. Sexist much?

BTW, I don't recall anyone 'begging' for anything, other than you begging for attention. It would almost be funny if it wasn't so pathetic and sad.

im not the one who just popped in the yrc thread just as things looked like it might go no . my 1st threads and comments were not right around the holiday when the mous vote was coming up .
im pretty sure that was you .

im not the one who just popped in the yrc thread just as things looked like it might go no . my 1st threads and comments were not right around the holiday when the mous vote was coming up .
im pretty sure that was you .

Meh. My comments are usually in the Joke thread or the Politics forum. I know it really bothers you that 2/3 of the folks simply didn't agree with you and voted to keep their jobs. I'll bet it's really hard for you to accept, being so much 'smarter' than the majority.

Longblade, I can only speak for myself. I voted no on the first proposal. I did so because there was no way I could, in good conscience, accept no raises for 1/3 of our Teamster employees. No amout of debate one way or the other played any role in my decision to vote yes for the revised proposal. Only the FAIR treatment of ALL Teamsters, made the difference. And frankly I'm confident many drivers felt as I did. Is that not solidarity?

And I hear you al .We have been going back and forth for a few years here .no problem with that .we both have our strong opinions .thats fine and as should be .
its the trolls with and agenda I have a problem with .
You have to admit when trouble is brewing we get flooded with them every time .
I just call a snake a snake . no sense sugar coating it

You've humbled me LB. I temper my rhetoric when addressing you. I'm sure that at times it may not appear so. We do disagree. But I do pay attention to your thoughts.
PS I have a BS filter, too! And believe me it's been overloaded lately.

if you yes voters keep being yes men we will be making minimum wage soon...we are the lowest paid union in trucking industry...ups freight 25,75 an hour and 50 cent raises next 5 years...no bogus 750 dollar sign bonus which will amount to 400 dollars...abf makes more than we do and they have full retirement we are not getting any retirement now thanks to you yes men for 10 years....be proud yes men you have all done us huge favors....
yes, sir! ....

And I hear you al .We have been going back and forth for a few years here .no problem with that .we both have our strong opinions .thats fine and as should be .
its the trolls with and agenda I have a problem with .
You have to admit when trouble is brewing we get flooded with them every time .
I just call a snake a snake . no sense sugar coating it

Oh no! Am I a snake now longblade? :smile:

(Like I said earlier, I'll still help you with posting photos anytime you want)

If you look real close at the new Freightliners they have the same suspension as the last Sterlings did, and I haven't heard any rough ride complaints.................. yet.

The P&D Sterlings just seemed to hop at any little bump or expansion joint, Then the dash falls apart, and another favorite no ground cable from the battery to the starter, when the frame gets corroded it pulls the ground through the clutch cable and melts it.

LN's they weren't.

Also, if YRC is the 'lowest paid union in trucking industry' (whatever that means), why is YRC's labor costs higher than their competitors? See the chart from the Seeking Alpha thread (below).

Also, do you REALLY think these pension funds will be around to honor the promises made to the employees? Really?

Labor cost is higher because they have more people? OR because they have specific people that don't do anything "not in their job description" it cost a lot to keep people sitting on the dock not working when they could be doing something else... "not in their job description" just saying...