TForce | you must fill out the United Way form

If you don't want to give to united way you muse say so, if you don't fill out the form you will have a "gift Donation" taken out of your check.

You must mark "I do not want to give"

I all ways get a big magic marker and write "NONE" in big bold letters and give it back to them.

That's because they only act on the ones that have been turned in, so if you toss it out, the terminal looks like it could care less about the United Way, Boy Scout, Girl Scout etc. community. It's also a tax deduction if you itemize.

I was never able to deduct my United Way donations.

Back in the 80's & 90's there was a lot of scandals going on at United Way and a lot of the top brass went to jail. They had their hand in the cookie jar. United Way gives to groups that I do not support spritualy. You can direct your money to go to what ever organization within the United Way or give to the general fund. If you church has a United Way contribution fund you can give to your church threw the united way; but you need to make sure your church is receiving your donations.

You get the "evil eye" ....

Always thought I had to sign my name to have donations subtracted from my pay. Must be a new UPS thing. Where is the form? Perhaps it remains hidden to ensure 100% compliance.

.... if you do not donate to their designated charity - I turned them down when I first started working for them back in the 80's, and they acted like I had a social disease! I told them charity began at home, and my church would be glad to distribute donations among the truly needy.

The temperature dropped 20 degrees in a matter of seconds and the "evil eye" was applied to me for being so nasty, and when I threw up my fingers in a cross to ward off the spell, the temperature dropped even more! I kid you not. It is nothing new, they approached us up close and personal in my day. More sneaky now, huh? :hide:

Darkstar

.... if you do not donate to their designated charity - I turned them down when I first started working for them back in the 80's, and they acted like I had a social disease! I told them charity began at home, and my church would be glad to distribute donations among the truly needy.

The temperature dropped 20 degrees in a matter of seconds and the "evil eye" was applied to me for being so nasty, and when I threw up my fingers in a cross to ward off the spell, the temperature dropped even more! I kid you not. It is nothing new, they approached us up close and personal in my day. More sneaky now, huh? :hide:

Darkstar

Well I prefer giving to the "Dizzy Dispatcher Fund" They need alot of funds.

When is the last date these forms have to be turned in?
I've seen these forms,all over the place but I've yet to pick one up and actually look at it.

I stopped giving to this organization myself way back in the day.
The day they made the big mistake of saying they were helping out the homosexual community.

I think right around that same time there was some official that got caught for stealling funds for his own personal use.

Don't get me wrong I'm not stingy by any means.
I give a large percentage of every cent that God allows me the health,and good job to earn.
But I give it to my church,and they use there money very wisely.

After all we come into this world with nothing.
Everything we have is a total blessing from God almighty that created everything.

I've read the Bible cover to cover a few times.
And not to step on anyones toes but I'm sure God wouldn't be very happy with me if he saw me giving to any organization that supports the **** life styles of folks living in sin to put it bluntly.

If you don't want to give to united way you muse say so, if you don't fill out the form you will have a "gift Donation" taken out of your check.

You must mark "I do not want to give"

I hope not. I have misplaced mine and did not even read it. No deduction yet out of my pay. I would think that this would be illegal. Isn't a signature required for authorizing of deduction of pay?

Bad boy Apo

1 Day Ago
Apostolic
This message has been deleted by hugnlug. Reason: rule #1 / reference to sexual orientation
What could a "religious" man like yourself have said to get deleted?

I am stunned:hysterical: :hysterical: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

I hope not. I have misplaced mine and did not even read it. No deduction yet out of my pay. I would think that this would be illegal. Isn't a signature required for authorizing of deduction of pay?

When you authorize a company to direct deposit your paycheck you also authorize them to withdrawl money.

I don't get it. When I'm asked I say no and walk out of the office. I don't sign anything.
Now let me think, what's the diference between freight and working at parcel? The only thing I can come up with is the Teamsters.

I see I was deleted?
I just PMed the moderator that found my post offensive.

All my posts,and long truckingboard membership,this is my first black eye,for posting something that I'm not aware of at this time,that must of offened in a way that made me a rule breaker?

I'm sure I'll have the answer PMed to me.
I won't be sharing that message,I'll just have to be more careful about what I put in my posts from now on.

Oh well close to 5000 posts,and this is my first rules violation,so I guess thats not a bad record.

Hmmmmmmmm -

When you authorize a company to direct deposit your paycheck you also authorize them to withdrawl money.

When you sign "direct deposit" you are indeed giving the company access to your bank account, however, if you do not sign to have "United Way"/other donations taken out of you paycheck, the company cannot legally take it out themselves. The withdrawal part comes when they discover they have deposited the wrong paycheck in your account, then they can go back in and withdraw that amount, redeposit the correct amount. Government checks work the same way (SS, Income Taxes, etc).

The only benefit to this is your check is deposited in a timely manner, you do not have to worry about rushing to the bank to deposit it - and most of all - you do not have to worry about your check bouncing when you do take it to the bank! The company I worked for that took bankruptcy all of a sudden bounced thousands of checks, the only ones that made it thru were the ones who worked in Memphis and took their checks directly to the bank where the checks were issued from, forced the bank to honor them, then took the money and deposited it in their own banks accounts.

UPSF cannot force you to donate to United Way, they cannot arbitrarily take money out of your paycheck for this without your permission.

Darkstar

Oh No Mr. Apostolic!

I see I was deleted?
I just PMed the moderator that found my post offensive.

All my posts,and long truckingboard membership,this is my first black eye,for posting something that I'm not aware of at this time,that must of offened in a way that made me a rule breaker?

I'm sure I'll have the answer PMed to me.
I won't be sharing that message,I'll just have to be more careful about what I put in my posts from now on.

Oh well close to 5000 posts,and this is my first rules violation,so I guess thats not a bad record.

Say it isn't so Apo - I cannot even imagine you ever saying anything to get deleted over! Sure you are looking in the right thread?

I can see it happening to me any given post :biglaugh: you know how ranty I can get :hysterical: . How's the diet coming??

Darkstar

Another nice feature of direct deposit is when your on vacation,you call your bank and find out what amount was deposited to your account.
You don't have to go to your terminal to pick up your check.

The other thing I noticed when we have a holiday are payroll checks are delayed one more day.
Instead of getting the on thursday,we get them on friday.
But theres no difference changing paydays when your funds are directly deposited into your bank account
Just one more convenance of living in these modern times.

Yup I didn't realize I was preaching to much,as well as judging a group of folks that are very sensitive.
So sorry about that.
Its really not my place to judge any one,or group of people thats going to be left up to God after we pass from this life.
I know better,but I guess I slipped.
Our truckingboard mods are right on top of this kind of thing,watching out that we don't offend anyone on here.

I wasn't aware of my error,but the PM cleared everything up for me to reconize my mistake.
I'm sorry for stepping on anyones toes,I'll really try to be more careful how I address any other issues on any of these truckingboard forums.

As far as the diet I'm still on the see food diet.
I see food,and I eat it.

I think my wife is going to try weight watchers in our area.
I'll let her pay the dues,and atend the meetings,then go along with what she is doing.
I only need to drop off 20 lbs in a year,so I should be able to do that.
Maybe I'll wait till after the holidays coming up.
After all its hard to take a pass on all the holiday goodies don't you know.

Oh My, Mr. Apo!

Another nice feature of direct deposit is when your on vacation,you call your bank and find out what amount was deposited to your account.
You don't have to go to your terminal to pick up your check.

The other thing I noticed when we have a holiday are payroll checks are delayed one more day.
Instead of getting the on thursday,we get them on friday.
But theres no difference changing paydays when your funds are directly deposited into your bank account
Just one more convenance of living in these modern times.

..... you can't say the "h" or "g" or the "L" word, or any word referring to the "s" word! Good Grief Charlie Brown!! Tsk, tsk!!

I really like the direct deposit thingie, it does cut out a lot of worry and hassle in these hectic days. However, it does make it handy for Big Brother to keep eye on your money!

Darkstar

We know ......

Yup I didn't realize I was preaching to much,as well as judging a group of folks that are very sensitive.
So sorry about that.
Its really not my place to judge any one,or group of people thats going to be left up to God after we pass from this life.
I know better,but I guess I slipped.
Our truckingboard mods are right on top of this kind of thing,watching out that we don't offend anyone on here.

I wasn't aware of my error,but the PM cleared everything up for me to reconize my mistake.
I'm sorry for stepping on anyones toes,I'll really try to be more careful how I address any other issues on any of these truckingboard forums.

Apostolic, you are one of the kindest people here, and we all know you did not mean to step on anyone's toes. My GrandParents were of your religion, and I understand the way these matters of s-orientation are, by the Bible ways only. A lot of us believe the same way.

APO, you were only stating what you believe to be a sin. If we do no judging, then everything will be ok. I think some people need desensitivity training.

Bottom line on the United Way is you are given a CHOICE to contribute or not. Nothing will be held against you and nothing will be deducted from your pay without your prior authorization.

...And now back to the Apo show!!:biglaugh: :smilie_132: