XPO | Your proxy vote.

gov

dsr Thomsen, xmd
Credits
Now will you do something with it next year. I don't mean put it in your bird cage. take part as a share holder.

I take it we have someone here that knows what they are doing because I know nothing about this proxy stuff. But I do believe we are in trouble.And am willing to try something. Tell me more!!:sumo:

I too know little about that stuff but am willing to listen to recommendations.

Maybe if the folks that are familiar with this issue would discuss it and make recommendations in plain English (instead of the secret society code word crap that was used last year) folks could take action.

This issue was talked about last year, but not explained thoroughly enough by the people that knew the most about it. Telling folks to visit a website and "read" it doesnt' work when said website uses 2,000 words of mumbo-jumbo to say 10 words in layman's terms.

Maybe if the folks that are familiar with this issue would discuss it and make recommendations in plain English (instead of the secret society code word crap that was used last year) folks could take action.

This issue was talked about last year, but not explained thoroughly enough by the people that knew the most about it. Telling folks to visit a website and "read" it doesnt' work when said website uses 2,000 words of mumbo-jumbo to say 10 words in layman's terms.
Is what you are saying I should go into more depth on this subject. Talk more about what a proxy is, How to use it and so on.

I take it we have someone here that knows what they are doing because I know nothing about this proxy stuff. But I do believe we are in trouble.And am willing to try something. Tell me more!!:sumo:
I will have more on this in the next few day's.

Is what you are saying I should go into more depth on this subject. Talk more about what a proxy is, How to use it and so on.

Not necessarily about what a proxy is, but why they should not just toss it and let the company vote for them. Tell folks why they should vote the other way.

They need to realize that if they don't vote, the company votes for them. Explain what our vote could change if everyone was to participate.

Not necessarily about what a proxy is, but why they should not just toss it and let the company vote for them. Tell folks why they should vote the other way.

They need to realize that if they don't vote, the company votes for them. Explain what our vote could change if everyone was to participate.
You 're right. You have done some of that already. Thank you. I will be on that in the next few day's.

Also, once the proxy does come out, we need to communicate to ALL of our fellow employees (that don't read the boards) that if they are unhappy with the direction the company has been heading in, they need to take the time to vote on their proxy. I think one of the biggest problems we face is simply AWARENESS.

Everyone comes here to gripe and all we ever hear and say is this sucks, this sucks, this sucks, this sucks..... and not surprisingly, nothing ever changes. We all need to vent, but posting here for the most part is non-productive as far as producing results.

The beautiful part about this board is that the spark that we need to ignite our fire is just within reach if we use this opportunity to tell people about the chance they have to legitimately speak their mind (through their proxy).

Your proxy is perhaps the ONLY company-recognized tool you'll ever get your hands on to enable your voice to be heard.

I will help where I can. This website Proxy Voting Gives Fund Shareholders A Say offers some good explanations on proxy voting. If you have any questions please post them and I'm sure some of us will attempt to answer them.
When we all receive our packets, I hope we use this forum to discuss the pro's and con's of each issue we will be able to vote on. Good job on getting this one going. It's refreshing to see encouragement of using the tools we have instead of just talking about the problems we have.

This is great! Love it! I've got my tablet and pencil out, ready to learn. {This will perk the ears up at xgo.}

brutus, can you make this thread a sticky for the time being? This topic has enormous potential for all Con-way employees and needs maximum exposure!